All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Examination:
AIIMS is treated as one of the most honored medical institutes in India and is internationally recognized for supplying low-cost treatment to the patients in large number. It was founded as a college of importance in India by a rule of the parliament of India with the goal of improving a strong schedule and teaching guidelines for UG and PG education in all streams of medicine in India.
AIIMS tries to get a higher standard of education in medicine in India. It also tries to achieve the independence in highest order in high quality PG education in medicine. The reasons for the AIIMS for treating the patients above their capacity are low cost services and highly capable practitioners. For this good work, PM Mr. Atal Bihari Bajpayee announced for the launch of new AIIMS to be constructed at six new places in India.
AIIMS is an entrance test for the students to get into an undergraduate degree in medicine. The course is of 5.5 years. This test is organized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences. This test is conducted at the national level at various places of India.
Eligibility: The candidates who want to study MBBS they must write this entrance exam. The candidates must satisfy these requirements to write the test:
- Age of 17 years and above is eligible.
- They must have passed 10+2 or equivalent and English should be there one of the main subjects.
- They should have a percentage of 60 in groups.
- The candidates who are from reserved categories like SC/ST, Handicapped etc must pass the examination with 50% in science subjects.
- The candidates who are at their final stage of the course may also apply for this test. But at the time of admission they have to show their certificates.
Examination Pattern: This Test is treated as one of the toughest tests in India. The test paper is planned to test the student’s intellectual and common awareness.
- This entrance exam consists of a single stage.
- The paper consists of 200 multiple choice questions. The student should choose one answer among the four.
- The duration of the paper is 3.5 hours. In this time student has to answer all the questions.
- The paper is available in two languages they are English or Hindi. This must be selected in the time of applying but not during the test.
- The paper consists of four parts. They are:
- Physics (60 Bits)
- Chemistry (60 Bits)
- Biology (60 Bits)
- General knowledge (20 Bits)
- There is a chance of negative marking, that is, the candidate is awarded with one mark for each correct answer but one-third mark is deducted for each wrong answer.