Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 02, 2014 major events.
- Who has been takes charge as new secretary of Department of Telecommunications (DoT)?
- M. F. Farooqui
- V.K. Gupta
- Ankit Sinha
- Deepak Vashwani
- Which among the follwing country shutdown airspace during the 2014 Commonwealth Games?
- Who is the current general secretary of Federation of All India Petroleum Traders?
- Pardeep Mishra
- Ajay Bansal
- Mahesh Sharma
- Anil Khanna
- Which among the following comedian appointed new brand ambassador for the Lok Sabha elections?
- Krishna Abhishek
- Sudesh Lehri
- Kapil Sharma
- Sunil Grover
- Which country scientists developed a drone that can hack phones?
- United States
- New Zealand
- Which Indian State claimed 2.7k crore damages from Brakel Corporation over delay?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Which among the following Bollywood Actor becomes Election Commission’s national icon?
- Aamir Khan
- Saif Ali Khan
- Ranbir Kapoor
- Salman Khan
- Which country’s Football Association board resigned on Monday?
- Who has been appointed as new chairman of Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories?
- Prakash Gupta
- Manish Jain
- Rajesh Talwar
- G. V. Prasad
- NATO ordered end to practical and military cooperation with-
- Sri Lanka
M. F. Farooqui: M. F. Farooqui took charge as the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) Secretary on Monday.. Mr. Farooqui, a Tamil Nadu cadre IAS officer of 1978 batch, also served as Secretary, Department of Heavy Industry.
Britain: Britain has decided to shut down its airspace over Glasgow during the 2014 Commonwealth Games after it emerged the games venues face threat of airborne risks from terrorists.
Ajay Bansal: Fifty-two petrol pumps across Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon and Rohtak will offer 50-paise per litre discount on petrol to consumers who exercise their voting rights on April 10, said Ajay Bansal, general secretary of Federation of All India Petroleum Traders.
Kapil Sharma: Kapil Sharma is the new brand ambassador for the upcoming elections. Kapil Sharma will join the group of celebrity ambassadors for the Delhi election commission that includes Virat Kohli, Soha Ali Khan and Toral Rasputra.
United States: A new drone that can be used to hack smartphones and steal personal data without a user’s knowledge has been developed. The Snoopy drone steals data from unsuspecting smartphone users by exploiting handsets looking for a wireless signal.
Himachal Pradesh: The Himachal Pradesh government has claimed Rs 2,700 crore in damages from Brakel Corporation over delay in building two hydel projects Jangi Thopan and Thopan Powari awarded to the Netherlands-based company.
Aamir Khan: The Election Commission has clinched a key partnership with film actor Aamir Khan as its national icon, and recorded video and audio campaigns showing him urging people to vote ethically.
Uruguay: Uruguay’s football association (AUF) board resigned on Monday amid a crisis which media reports said could rob the national team of their place at the World Cup.
G. V. Prasad: Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories on Monday announced the appointment of G. V. Prasad as its new Chairman. Mr. Prasad was elevated from Vice-Chairman and CEO, to Chairman and CEO.
Russia: Nato’s foreign ministers ordered an end to civilian and military cooperation with Russia on Tuesday and told their generals and admirals to quickly figure out ways to better protect alliance members that feel threatened by Vladimir Putins Kremlin.