Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 04, 2014 major events.
- Which country secretly built a Twitter-like network to stir unrest in Cuba?
- United States
- Which among the following actor joined BJP on Thursday?
- Nitish Bharadwaj
- Praveen Kumar
- Rishabh Shukla
- Mukesh Khanna
- Which cricket team entered the final of ICC T20 World Cup for the third time?
- West Indies
- Sri Lanka
- Name the former Australian cricketer who announced his retirement from first-class cricket?
- Marcus North
- Simon Katich
- Michael Beer
- Phillip Hughes
- Name the Union Textiles Minister who resigned on Thursday over division of Andhra Pradesh?
- Rayapati Sambasiva Rao
- Pallam Raju
- Kavuru Sambasiva Rao
- Lagadapati Rajagopal
- Who has been quit as captain of Pakistan’s Twenty20 team?
- Umar Gul
- Mohammad Hafeez
- Shahid Afridi
- Umar Akmal
- Which country’s telecoms authority lifted a two-week-old ban on Twitter?
- Name the Congress candidate for Gautam Buddha Nagar who recently joined BJP?
- Vikas Mishra
- Dinesh Saxena
- Pradeep Sinha
- Ramesh Chand Tomar
- Which among the following minister appointed as new Congress media in-charge?
- Kapil Sibal
- Manish Tewari
- Salman Khurshid
- Jairam Ramesh
- Which country’s researcher found world’s oldest weather report?
- Sri Lanka
United States: The United States government masterminded the creation of a Cuban Twitter a communications network designed to undermine the communist government in Cuba, built with secret shell companies and financed through foreign banks.
Praveen Kumar: Praveen Kumar, former Aam Aadmi Party member and actor of the famous television series, Mahabharata joined BJP ahead of Delhi election.
Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka entered the World Twenty20 final for a third time when it beat defending champion West Indies by 27 runs on the Duckworth-Lewis method on Thursday after rain ended the semifinal early.
Marcus North: Western Australia opener Marcus North has announced his retirement from first-class cricket despite enjoying one of his finest ever seasons.
Kavuru Sambasiva Rao: Union Textiles Minister Kavuru Sambasiva Rao today tendered his resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the issue of division of Andhra Pradesh.
Mohammad Hafeez: Mohammad Hafeez quit as captain of Pakistan’s Twenty20 team on Thursday after it failed to qualify for the semifinals of the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh.
Turkey: Turkey’s telecoms authority lifted a two-week-old ban on Twitter on Thursday after the constitutional court ruled the block breached freedom of expression.
Ramesh Chand Tomar: Ramesh Chand Tomar, a former BJP Lok Sabha member from Ghaziabad, had joined the Congress some years ago. Tomar is the second leader to join the BJP after being named the Congress candidate for the upcoming elections.
Manish Tewari: Information &Broadcasting minister Manish Tewari is the new Congress media in-charge in place of Ajay Maken who is contesting Lok Sabha elections in Delhi.
Egypt: An inscription on a 3,500-year-old stone block from Egypt may be one of the worlds oldest weather reports. 6-foot-tall calcite block called Tempest Stela describes rain, darkness and the sky being in storm without cessation.