Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 06, 2014 major events.
- Who has been won the 2014 Asian award for outstanding achievement in sports in United Kingdom?
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Virat Kohli
- AB de Villiers
- Chris Gayle
- Which country ordered strike on new North Korea missile launches?
- Who has won the 2014 Miss India title?
- Jhataleka Malhotra
- Koyal Rana
- Nicole Da Silva
- Lopamudra Raut
- Who has been appointed as new DGP of Tamil Nadu?
- Neeraj Pandy
- Vikas Jain
- Anoop Jaiswal
- Pradeep Malhotra
- Which among the following country’s Airlines staff held for gold smuggling?
- Sri Lanka
- Who became the first Indian pistol shooter to be ranked No.1 in the world?
- Anjali Bhagwat
- Shagun Chowdhary
- Heena Sidhu
- Deepika Prajapati
- How many percent tuition fee increased by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta?
- 30 Percent
- 5 Percent
- 15 percent
- 20 Percent
- Which among the following company won the $700 million airport project in Philippines?
- GMR Group
- Punj Lloyd Group
- Larsen &Toubro Limited
- Hindustan Construction Company (HCC)
- Which country rejects Russia Gazprom gas price hike?
- New Zealand
- Who becomes the first Indian pistol shooter to clinch a gold medal in the ISSF World Cup?
- Annu Raj Singh
- Rahi Sarnobat
- Tejaswini Sawant
- Anisa Sayyed
Mahendra Singh Dhoni: Indian captain MS Dhoni has won the 2014 Asian award for outstanding achievement in sports in London. Dhoni, currently in Bangladesh leading India in the ICC World T20, was honoured on Friday night.
Japan : Japan has ordered a destroyer in the Sea of Japan to strike any ballistic missiles that may be launched by North Korea in the coming weeks after Pyongyang fired a Rodong medium range missile over the sea.
Koyal Rana: Koyal Rana won the coveted Miss India 2014 crown at the 51st edition of the pageant, on Saturday, April 5. The first and second runners-up were Jhataleka Malhotra from Mumbai and Gail Nicole Da Silva from Goa respectively.
Anoop Jaiswal: The Election Commission on Saturday appointed Anoop Jaiswal, a 1980 batch IPS officer, as DGP to oversee election work in Tamil Nadu. He will continue in the post till May 16, the day of counting.
Sri Lanka: A gold smuggling racket in which staff of Sri Lankan Airlines was involved was busted at Bangalore airport by DRI sleuths from Chennai on Saturday. The manager of Sri Lankan Airlines, a guard of airlines and a passenger were taken into custody after being found smuggling gold.
Heena Sidhu: World record-holder Heena Sidhu has become the first Indian pistol shooter to be ranked No.1 in the world as she climbed to the top of the chart in women’s air pistol ratings in the latest rankings released by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
20 Percent: Studying at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta will pinch more from the coming academic session. The premier institute on Saturday announced a hike in tuition fee for its two-year diploma programme from Rs 13.5 lakh to Rs 16.2 lakha jump of about 20%.
GMR Group: GMR Group has been awarded a $700 million project to develop and operate the Mactan-Cebu International Airport in Philippines. The contract was awarded by the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) of Philippines.
Ukraine: Ukraine on Saturday rejected Russia’s latest gas price hike and threatened to take its energy-rich neighbour to arbitration court over a dispute that could imperil deliveries to Western Europe.
Rahi Sarnobat: Rahi Sarnobat scripted history on Friday by becoming the first Indian pistol shooter to clinch a gold medal in the ISSF World Cup when she pipped local hope Kyeongae Kim 8-6 in the final of the 25m sports pistol event in Changwon, Korea.