Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 07, 2014 major events.
- Which cricket team won the ICC T20 World Cup 2014?
- South Africa
- West Indies
- Sri Lanka
- Which among the following leader resigned on Saturday from Telugu Desam Party?
- G Kishan Reddy
- Mynampally Hanumantha Rao
- Anjan Kumar Yadav
- Porika Balaram Naik
- Who became the first batsman to score over 1,000 runs in all Worlds T20 tournaments?
- Mahela Jayawardene
- Kumar Sangakkara
- Virat Kohli
- Rohit Sharma
- Which country scientists developed a new x-ray technique that can help locate diamonds hidden deep in rocks?
- Which among the following American writer recently passes away at the age of 86?
- George Schaller
- Peter Matthiessen
- Barry Lopez
- Paul Theroux
- Which among the following cricket team won the Women’s ICC T20 World Cup 2014?
- New Zealand
- Who has been re-elected as President of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI)?
- Raninder Singh
- Manoj Tripathi
- Suraj Sinha
- Raman Vishwas
- Who has been won the junior national hockey title 2014?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Which among the following political party merged with BJP after 10 years?
- Telugu Desam Party
- Shiv Sena
- Janata Dal (United)
- Trinamool Congress
- Who has been won the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix 2014?
- Fernando Alonso
- Lewis Hamilton
- Jenson Button
- Mark Webber
Sri Lanka: Kumar Sangakkara guided Sri Lanka to a six-wicket victory over India to win the World Twenty20 in Mirpur and end a run of four defeats in global finals. Sangakkara, playing his final Twenty20 international, scored 52 not out as Sri Lanka chased down 131 in 17.5 overs.
Mynampally Hanumantha Rao: Mynampally Hanumantha Rao, Telugu Desam district president and MLA from Medak, announced his intention to resign from the party and put in his papers soon after.
Mahela Jayawardene: Mahela Jayawardene became the first player to aggregate 1,000 runs at the World Twenty20 his tally being 1016 (ave.39.07) in 31 matches.
Germany: The scientists of Fraunhofer Institutes Development Center for X-ray Technology in Furth, Germany have developed a new x-ray technique that can help locate diamonds hidden deep in rocks.
Peter Matthiessen: Peter Matthiessen, a rich mans son who rejected a life of ease in favour of physical and spiritual challenges and produced acclaimed works like, The Snow Leopard and At Play in the Fields of the Lord, died on Saturday. He was 86.
Australia: Australia once again proved their supremacy in women’s cricket as they completed a hat-trick of ICC World T20 titles with a comprehensive six-wicket win over England in the final on Sunday.
Raninder Singh: Raninder Singh was unanimously re-elected as President of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) on Saturday. He had taken up the post in December 2010.
Punjab: Star-studded Punjab claimed the Junior National Hockey title with an overwhelming margin of 6-2 against a fighting Odisha in the final of the championship here on Sunday.
Telugu Desam Party : The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Sunday returned to the BJP-led alliance after a gap of a decade ahead of Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Lewis Hamilton: Lewis Hamilton won a thrilling Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday after a duel with Mercedes team mate Nico Rosberg in a floodlit night race full of overtaking and wheel-to-wheel battles.