Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 08, 2014 major events.
- Which company won the ‘Innovation for India Awards 2014’, under Business Category?
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Which Indian state’s capital get first passenger train?
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Who has been appointed as the national coach of the junior men’s hockey team?
- Jordan Belfort
- Gregg Clark
- Steve Madden
- Martin Scorsese
- Which pharmacy company has agreed to buy Ranbaxy Laboratories for $3.2 billion?
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Cadila Healthcare
- Which Airline company has proposed to cut the salary of its pilots by up to 15%?
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- Kingfisher Airlines
- Indigo Airlines
- Which American actor recently passed away at the age of 93?
- Kirk Douglas
- Spencer Tracy
- Cary Grant
- Mickey Rooney
- 17 people were killed and 30 injured in a bus accident in-
- Himachal Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Who has been named captain of the 2014 ICC World Team of the Tournament?
- Darren Sammy
- Lasith Malinga
- Stephan Myburgh
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Who has been received “Dalal Street Investor Journal PSU Award 2013?
- M. K. Goel
- Prakash Jain
- Mithlesh Sinha
- Gaganjeet Kaur
- Who has been won the Family Circle Cup tennis title 2014?
- Sabine Lisicki
- Mona Barthel
- Andrea Petkovic
- Dominika Cibulková
Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited: Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (TPDDL) has won the ‘Innovation for India Awards 2014’, under Business Category, for developing Tamper Evident & Defraud Electricity Meter.
Arunachal Pradesh: The Arunachal Pradesh’s capital Itanagar was on Monday put on the country’s railway map with the first passenger train of about 400 commuters arriving at Naharlagun near here.
Gregg Clark: Hockey India on Sunday appointed South Africa’s Gregg Clark as the coach of junior men’s national team, just over six months before the 2013 FIH Junior Hockey World Cup to be held in India.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited: India’s most valuable pharmaceutical company, Sun Pharma, has agreed to buy Ranbaxy Laboratories, plagued with multiple product quality issues, from Japans Daiichi Sankyo in an all-share transaction totaling $3.2 billion.
Air India: Loss-making Air India, which is surviving on taxpayers money, has proposed to cut the salary of its pilots by up to 15% in order to save Rs 150 crore a year. The pilots union has rejected the plan.
Mickey Rooney: Mickey Rooney, whose roller-coaster, nine-decade career in show business included vaudeville, silent films, movies, television and Broadway, died Sunday. He was 93. died in California.
Himachal Pradesh: At least 17 people were killed Monday when their overloaded mini-bus rolled down a 400-feet deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh’s Sirmaur district.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni: ICC on Monday announced the men’s Team of the Tournament for the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh, with India’s Mahendra Singh Dhoni as its captain. The team includes four players from India, two each from South Africa and the West Indies, and one each from Australia, the Netherlands and Sri Lanka.
M. K. Goel: M. K. Goel, Chairman & Managing Director received “Dalal Street Investor Journal PSU Award 2013” in the category of “Best Value Creating Navratna” from T.K.A. Nair, Advisor to Prime Minister of India.
Andrea Petkovic: Andrea Petkovic ended a surprising week at the Family Circle Cup by winning her first WTA tournament in three years, outlasting Jana Cepelova for a 7-5, 6-2 victory Sunday.