Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 09, 2014 major events.
- Which Senior BJP leader recently quit the party and joined Samajwadi Party?
- Ashok Pradhan
- Kalyan Singh
- Arti Mehra
- Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Who has been takes over as new director general of Border Security Force (BSF)?
- Pawan Kumar Bansal
- Jaiprakash Aggarwal
- Vikas Sinha
- Devendra Kumar Pathak
- Who is the richest Lok Sabha candidate in Gujarat?
- Paresh Rawal
- Neeraj Mishra
- Beni Prasad
- C R Patil
- Which country scientists developed a new smartphone battery that can recharge in just less than 30 seconds?
- Which political party’s president declined to provide passport copy to US court as evidence in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case?
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- Samajwadi Party
- Shiv Sena
- Which Indian authors book shortlist for the prestigious 2014 Baileys Women’s Prize for fiction?
- Arundhati Roy
- Kiran Desai
- Amitav Ghosh
- Jhumpa Lahiri
- JCO among 5 people were recently killed in an encounter in-
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Who has been sets new world record for skydiving using the world’s smallest parachute after he jumped from 14,000 feet?
- Ernesto Gainza
- Aaron Denney
- Matthew Goode
- Peter Jackson
- Which among the following Australian swimmer hospitalized for shoulder infection?
- Grant Hackett
- Michael Phelps
- Ryan Lochte
- Ian Thorpe
- Which among the following Aam Aadmi Party leader slapped by auto-rickshaw driver in Delhi yesterday?
- Kumar Vishwas
- Arvind Kejriwal
- Manish Sisodia
- Yogendra Yadav
Ashok Pradhan: Senior BJP leader Ashok Pradhan Tuesday quit the party and joined the Samajwadi Party, alleging that the BJP had deviated from the path laid by its founders.
Devendra Kumar Pathak: Devendra Kumar Pathak, IPS, took over as director general of BSF on Monday. A 1979 batch officer, Pathak has held several important positions in Meghalaya Police and Assam Police before taking over as DG.
Paresh Rawal : Actor and BJP’s Ahmedabad-East candidate Paresh Rawal is the richest contestant in Gujarat with a total family wealth of Rs 79.40 crores, pipping his party colleague from Navsari, C R Patil.
Isreal: Israeli startup StoreDot has demonstrated the prototype of a nanodot-based smartphone battery it claims can fully charge in just under 30 seconds. The demonstration was made at Microsoft’s Think Next symposium in Tel Aviv recently.
Congress: Congress President Sonia Gandhi has declined to provide a copy of her passport to a US court as documentary evidence in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case, citing refusal by the Indian government on grounds of personal security and confidentiality.
Jhumpa Lahiri: Jhumpa Lahiris story on a young mans tryst with the Naxalite movement in Kolkata has been shortlisted for the prestigious 2014 Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction (earlier known as the Orange prize) UKs only annual book award for fiction written by a woman.
Jammu and Kashmir: Two LeT infiltrators were killed along with an Army officer and two cops in an encounter in J&Ks Kupwara district on Tuesday.
Ernesto Gainza: Ernesto Gainza has set a new Guinness record for skydiving using the world’s smallest parachute after he jumped from 14,000 feet with a canopy the size of a bed sheet. During his three-and-a-half-minute descent, Ernesto Gainza used a parachute measuring only 35 square feet.
Ian Thorpe: Five-time Olympic champion Ian Thorpe is in a Sydney hospital receiving treatment for a shoulder infection. Ian James Thorpe, OAM, nicknamed the Thorpedo and Thorpey, is an Australian swimmer who specialises in freestyle.
Arvind Kejriwal: Arvind Kejriwal was attacked for the second time in four days as an autorickshaw driver slapped him on Tuesday when he was campaigning in Sultanpuri.