Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 11, 2014 major events.
- Who has been re-elected as president of Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU)?
- A.K. Padmanabhan
- Ranjana Nirula
- Dipak Dasgupta
- Kashmir Singh Thakur
- Which among the following DMK leader joined AIADMK on Thursday?
- J K Ritheesh
- M K Alagiri
- Prakash Singh
- Vijay Sinha
- Two CRPF jawans were killed and seven injured in an encounter in-
- Madhya Pradesh
- Who has been appointed as new vice chancellor of Presidency University (PU)?
- Mahesh Gupta
- Sabyasachi Bhattacharya
- Gyan Chandra Sinha
- Prakash Mishra
- Name the Jaswant Singh’s son who recently removed by BJP from party’s national executive?
- Jai Prakash Aggarwal
- Sona Ram
- Manvendra Singh
- Dushyant Singh
- Which company awarded the DSIJ Award 2013 for the Most Efficient Maharatna PSU?
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Coal India Limited
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- NTPC Limited
- Who has been appointed as new president of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
- Sachin Gopal
- Ajay Shriram
- Dinesh Pal
- Siddharth Malhotra
- Which among the following Olympic athlete banned for 18 months for doping?
- Tyson Gay
- Justin Gatlin
- Asafa Powell
- Yohan Blake
- Which fast food Chain opened its restaurants in Crimea, after McDonalds exit?
- Pizza Hut
- Burger King
- Who has been conferred the rank of Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (KBE)?
- Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
- Lakshmi Mittal
- N. R. Narayana Murthy
- Ratan Tata
A.K. Padmanabhan: A.K. Padmanabhan and Tapan Sen were re-elected president and general secretary, respectively, of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) at its 14th conference that concluded here on Monday.
J K Ritheesh: DMKs sitting MP from Ramanathapuram, J K Ritheesh, a close associate of expelled party leader M K Alagiri, joined AIADMK on Thursday.
Bihar: Two CRPF jawans were killed and seven injured in a fierce encounter with Maoists in the area between the Gangta and Bhimbandh forests in Munger district of Bihar.
Sabyasachi Bhattacharya: Sabyasachi Bhattacharya, former director of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, has been appointed as the new vice chancellor of Presidency University (PU). He will succeed Malabika Sarkar, the outgoing interim VC of the university.
Manvendra Singh: The BJP on Thursday removed Manvendra Singh, expelled party leader Jaswant Singh’s son who is the MLA from Sheo in Rajasthan, from its national executive.
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has been awarded the DSIJ Award 2013 for the Most Efficient Maharatna PSU. The award was presented to B. Prasada Rao, Chairman and Managing Director, BHEL, by T. K. A. Nair, Adviser to the Prime Minister.
Ajay Shriram: Industry body, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has elected Chairman and senior Managing Director of DCM Shriram Limited Ajay Shriram as its President. Shriram succeeds Infosys Executive Vice Chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan as the new President.
Asafa Powell : Former 100 metres world record holder Asafa Powell was banned for 18 months by a Jamaican anti-doping disciplinary panel on Thursday after he tested positive for a banned substance last year.
Burger King: Burger King Russia has announced it would open restaurants in Crimea after exit of its rival McDonalds from the peninsula, the media reported. Burger King currently has around 200 restaurants in Russia.
Ratan Tata: The queen of Britain on Thursday conferred the rank of Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (KBE) on former chairman of the Tata group, Ratan Tata. The KBE is one of the highest honours given by the queen to civilians.