Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 12, 2014 major events.
- Who has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of India?
- Kurian Joseph
- Goolam Essaji Vahanvati
- Rajendra Mal Lodha
- H. L. Dattu
- How many percent India’s Industrial output drops in February 2014?
- 1 Percent
- 2.4 Percent
- 3 Percent
- 1.9 Percent
- Which among the following author recently passes away at age of 68?
- Helen Fielding
- Sue Townsend
- Nina Bawden
- Malorie Blackman
- Who has been appointed as new BJP chief for Maharashtra?
- Vinod Tawde
- Gopinath Pandurang Munde
- Devendra Fadnavis
- Sudhir Mungantiwar
- Which Indian state won the men’s National basketball 3×3 championship 2014?
- Tamil Nadu
- Madhya Pradesh
- Name the Test tube baby pioneer who recently died at the age of 87?
- Patrick Steptoe
- Richard F. Heck
- Bruce Beutler
- Robert Edwards
- Which among the following south Indian actress missing from Hyderabad hotel?
- Hansika Motwani
- Shriya Saran
- Tamannaah Bhatia
- Which Insurance company imposed a fine of Rs 1.77 crore on Reliance Life Insurance for violation?
- Birla Sun Life Insurance
- Sahara Life Insurance
- Max Life Insurance
- Name the Palestinian’s prime minister who recently resigned from his post?
- Salam Fayyad
- Rami Hamdallah
- Ismail Haniyeh
- Saeb Erekat
- Who has been appointed as special advisor to Sunil Gavaskar, interim-president of BCCI for Pepsi-IPL-7?
- Deepak Parekh
- Uday Kotak
- Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Azim Premji
Rajendra Mal Lodha: Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha has been appointed as the next Chief Justice of India and he will assume charge on April 27. Justice Lodha (64) is the senior most judge of the Supreme Court after CJI P Sathasivam.
1.9 Percent: India’s industrial output contracted by 1.9 percent in February against a growth of 0.8 percent in the previous month due to a sharp drop in manufacturing production, government data showed Friday.
Sue Townsend: Novelist Sue Townsend, best known as the author of the successful Adrian Mole series died on Thursday. Townsend was 68 years old and died at her home after a short illness.
Devendra Fadnavis: Devendra Fadnavis, a young leader who has made a mark as an opposition legislator in Maharashtra, was on Thursday made the new president of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state.
Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu handled a gripping climax with competence to beat Railways 22-20 in extra-time in the men’s final of the inaugural National basketball 3×3 championship at the Thyagaraj Indoor Stadium in New Delhi on Thursday.
Robert Edwards: Robert Edwards, the British Nobel Laureate who pioneered the development of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) that led to the birth of the world’s first “test tube baby” , died on Wednesday after a long illness, Cambridge University said. He was 87.
Anjali: South Indian actress Anjali has starred in various Tamil and Telugu films. She went missing from the hotel in Hyderabad. She has been missing since Monday morning, and her cell phone has also been switched off.
IRDA: Insurance regulator Irda imposed a fine of Rs 1.77 crore on Reliance Life Insurance for violation of various norms including obtaining business from unlicensed entities.
Salam Fayyad: The Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad has resigned after weeks of tension within the leadership, in a move likely to dismay the United States which has strongly supported the Western-trained economist.
Deepak Parekh: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed Deepak Parekh as Interim President, Sunil Gavaskar’s special advisor for the 2014 season of the Indian Premier League.