Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 13, 2014 major events.
- Who has been becomes the youngest winner of professional golf tour of India (PGTI)?
- Ratan Saxena
- Shubhankar Sharma
- Mukul Prasad
- Jaichand Kumar
- Which among the following Indian poet will be honoured with 2013 Dadsaheb Phalke award?
- Sahir Ludhianvi
- Javed Akhtar
- Salim Khan
- Who has been conferred with International Water Performance Initiative Award for the year 2014?
- Delhi Jal Board
- Maharastra Jal Board
- Rajasthan Jal Board
- Gujarat Jal Board
- Which SP leader banned by Election Commission from addressing public meetings over his controversial remarks on Kargil war?
- Amar Singh
- Raghuraj Pratap Singh
- Azam Khan
- Shahid Siddiqui
- Which Indian player won the gold medal at ISSF Shotgun World Cup?
- Manavjit Singh Sandhu
- Sanjeev Rajput
- Gagan Narang
- Vijay Kumar
- Which country rejected US decision to deny a visa for its newly appointed ambassador to the UN?
- Which among the following football club entered the final of Under-19 I-League 2014?
- Garhwal Football Club
- Hindustan Football Club
- Bengaluru Football Club
- East Bengal Football Club
- Which among the following country’s foreign minister to visit Cuba after 30 years?
- At least 14 people, including poll officials and CRPF jawans were killed in two Maoist attacks in-
- Tamil Nadu
- Name the former German President who recently faces corruption charges?
- Joachim Gauck
- Olaf Glaeseker
- Horst Köhler
- Christian Wulff
Shubhankar Sharma: Shubhankar Sharma claimed his maiden title in style after posting a fourunder-32 in the final round of the PGTI Cochin Masters. Shubhankar, who totalled nine-under-135 for the tournament, became the youngest winner on the PGTI at the age of 17.
Gulzar: Renowned poet, author and filmmaker Gulzar will be honoured with the 2013 Dadsaheb Phalke award, the country’ highest award in cinema given annually by the Government of India. The 79-year-old was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2004 and the Sahitya Akademi Award in 2002.
Delhi Jal Board: The Delhi Jal Board bagged the prestigious international Water Performance Initiative Award for the year 2014. DJB emerged as the winner out of a list of nominees from across the world under the ‘Water Performance Initiative of the Year Award 2014’ category.
Azam Khan: SP leader Azam Khan, who was banned by the Election Commission from addressing public meetings over his controversial remarks on Kargil war, on Saturday, defended himself saying he had not said anything other than facts.
Manavjit Singh Sandhu: Indian shooter Manavjit Singh Sandhu bagged the gold in the trap event by overcoming Australia’s two-time Olympic gold medallist Michael Diamond at the ISSF Shotgun World Cup here.
Iran: Iran on Saturday rejected a US decision to deny a visa for its newly appointed ambassador to the UN, pledging to take up the case directly with the world body in a dispute that has reopened old wounds dating to the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
Hindustan Football Club: Delhi’s Hindustan Football Club made it to the final round of the U-19 I-League after defeating Bengaluru FC by 31 here on Saturday. Captain Pawan Joshi scored from the spot in the 53rd minute followed by Rakib Khans strike in the 66th minute.
France: Frances foreign minister Laurent Fabius was expected to arrive in Cuba on Saturday for a brief but historic visit, the first by such a high-ranking French official in 30 years and a sign of the quickening pace of improving ties between the European Union and Havana.
Chhattisgarh: Seven members of a polling team and five CRPF personnel were among 14 killed as Maoists struck twice in less than an hour in Bastar, Chhattisgarh, just two days after peaceful elections were held in the region.
Christian Wulff: Prosecutors in Hanover on Friday filed corruption charges against former German President Christian Wulff, a prominent figure from Angela Merkel’s Christian Democrats.