Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 14, 2014 major events.
- Who has been won the World Boxing Organization welterweight world title 2014?
- Ruslan Provodnikov
- Manny Pacquiáo
- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Brandon Ríos
- Which among the following country scientists builds 10 green 3D-printed houses in 24 hours?
- Saudi Arbia
- Which among the following bollywood actress quit BSR Congress party on Sunday?
- Divya Spandana
- Shweta Prasad
- Ramya Krishnan
- Who has been won the men’s OUE Singapore Open badminton championships 2014?
- Simon Santoso
- Markis Kido
- Taufik Hidayat
- Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka
- Who has been appointed as new Director General of Police of Uttar Pradesh?
- A C Sharma
- Mitun Kumar
- Dev Raj Nagar
- Vikas Tomar
- Which among the following university scientists developed Worlds largest telescope?
- University of New South Wales
- University of Technology, Sydney
- Macquarie University
- University of Hawaii
- Which among the following diplomat to quit as UN Special Envoy to Syria?
- Bashar al-Assad
- Lakhdar Brahimi
- Walid Muallem
- Sergey Lavrov
- Nine persons were killed and 15 others injured in a bomb blast in-
- Who has been won the women’s OUE Singapore Open badminton championships 2014?
- Chen Long
- Ratchanok Intanon
- Wang Yihan
- Juliane Schenk
- Which country recently launched a renewed campaign against the spread of pornography on the internet?
Manny Pacquiao: Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao recorded a unanimous decision victory over WBO Welterweight Champion Timothy Bradley in Las Vegas.
China: A Chinese company has built a group of 10 completely 3D-printed houses, created entirely out of recycled materials, in just under a day. The houses, each covering an area of 200 sq m, in Shanghais Qingpu district are made of concrete.
Rakshita: Actress-turned-politician Rakshita, who was supposed to contest in the upcoming assembly elections from BSR congress party which will be held from the Chamarajangar constituency on May 5, has decided to quit the party.
Simon Santoso: Indonesia’s Simon Santoso pulled off an upset victory over world No 1 Lee Chong Wei to clinch the US$300,000 OUE Singapore Open badminton championships yesterday.
Dev Raj Nagar: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has appointed Senior Indian Police Services(IPS) officer of 1976 batch Devraj Nagar as the new Director General of Police (DGP) in place of A C Sharma.
University of Hawaii: A plan created by University of Hawaii scientists, the world’s largest telescope at the summit of Hawaii’s Mauna Kea volcano received approval from the State.
Lakhdar Brahimi: Veteran Algerian diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi is likely to quit as the UN and Arab League special envoy for Syria in the coming weeks as he is reportedly frustrated over the never-ending conflict in the country.
Pakistan: Nine persons were killed and 15 others injured when a powerful blast ripped through a minibus on the outskirts of Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan on Saturday.
Wang Yihan: Wang Yihan, who was upset by Li Xuerui in the 2012 Olympic final, won 21-11, 21-19 in the Singapore Open women’s singles final.
China: China on Sunday announced to launch a renewed campaign against the spread of pornography on the internet and asked websites to clean up their links to avoid shutdown.