Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 15, 2014 major events.
- Which tennis player won the Women’s Texas Open squash tournament 2014?
- Raneem El Weleily
- Nicol David
- Nour El Sherbini
- Laura Massaro
- Who has been named as the first women Chief Justice of Delhi High Court?
- Madhu Sinha
- Deepika Trivedi
- Aarti Mishra
- G Rohini
- Who has been won the U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championship title 2014?
- David Ferrer
- Fernando Verdasco
- John Isner
- Richard Gasquet
- At least 71 people were killed and wounded 124 in a bomb blast in-
- United States
- Who has been won the Best Shirtless Performance award for ‘That Awkward Moment’ at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards?
- Zac Efron
- Taylor Lautner
- Robert Pattinson
- Corbin Bleu
- Which circket team won the T20 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2014?
- Himachal Pradesh
- Which university scientists developed a new type of glass that is stronger than steel?
- University of Maryland
- Yale University
- Princeton University
- Columbia University
- Which country named ninth biggest military buyer in the world?
- Sri Lanka
- Name the Polio vaccine developer who recently dies at the age of 96?
- Albert Sabin
- Stanley Plotkin
- Dr. Hilary Koprowski
- W. D. Hamilton
- Who has won the third edition of 2014 MTB Shimla mountain biking competition?
- Devender Thakur
- Kunal Meena
- Amit Kumar
- Ravi Saxena
Nour El Sherbini: India’s Dipika Pallikal defeated by Egyptian Nour El Sherbini in the title clash of the Women’s Champion Fiberlass Texas Open squash tournament at Houston, United States. She lost the final clash by 7-11, 11-5, 7-11 in \ 48 minutes.
G Rohini: President of India Pranab Mukherjee approved the name of Justice G Rohini (58) for appointment as the Next Chief Justice of Delhi High Court. With this approval, she will become the first women Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
Fernando Verdasco: Fernando Verdasco won the U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championship on Sunday for his sixth ATP World Tour title and first since 2010, beating Spanish countryman Nicolas Almagro 6-3, 7-6 (4).
Nigeria: A bombing at a bus station packed with morning commuters on the outskirts of Nigeria’s capital killed 71 people and wounded 124 on Monday, with the president blaming the attack on Boko Haram Islamists.
Zac Efron: Actor Zac Efron won the Best Shirtless Performance award for ‘That Awkward Moment’ from singer Rita Ora (L) onstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
Baroda: Baroda pipped Uttar Pradesh by three runs to regain the National T20 title for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in a thrilling last ball finish at the Wankhede stadium on Monday.
Yale University: Scientists at Yale University have developed a new type of glass that is stronger than steel, paving way for ‘unbreakable’ medical implants, mobile phones and other electronics.
India: India is the world’s ninth biggest military spender, sandwiched between Germany-Japan on one side and South Korea-Italy on the other, in the latest list for the 15 countries with the highest defence expenditure.
Dr. Hilary Koprowski: A pioneering scientist who developed a polio vaccine used two years before Jonas Salk’s injectable version has died. Dr. Hilary Koprowski was 96. Dr. Koprowski developed an oral vaccine using the live polio virus that was first used on humans in 1950.
Devender Thakur: Devender Thakur from Shimla has won the third edition of MTB Shimla 2014 mountain biking competition, defeating Kiren Raju from Bangalore who had emerged as top rider on day one.