Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 16, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following country faces aid cut from United States?
- Sri Lanka
- Which among the following likely to be next Navy Chief recommended by defence ministry?
- R K Dhowan
- Arun Prakash
- Vishnu Bhagwat
- George Fernandes
- Name the first Indian-American Miss America who invited by the White House for its annual Easter Egg Roll Celebrations?
- Theresa Vail
- Nina Davuluri
- Laura Kaeppeler
- Bindhu Pamarthi
- Who has been won the prestigious 2014 Pulitzer Prize in the poetry category?
- Dennis Nurkse
- Henri Cole
- Nicholas Dawidoff
- Vijay Seshadri
- Name the Nokia India head of Chennai unit who recently quits fro his post?
- Devendra Gupta
- Mohan Pal
- Prakash Katama
- Shivam Jain
- Who has been became the 17th golfer to win multiples green jackets?
- Bubba Watson
- Jason Day
- Phil Mickelson
- Arnold Palmer
- At least 27 people killed and wounded well over 100 in a series of bomb blast in-
- Saudi Arabia
- Name the 1976 Olympic long-jump champion who recently passed away at 61?
- Angela Voigt
- Ruth Fuchs
- Dagmar Käsling
- Edward Voigt
- Name the Jordan’s ambassador to Libya who recently kidnapped in Tripoli?
- Boris Yeltsin
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Sergey Lavrov
- Fawaz al-Itan
- Who has been appointed as new finance secretary?
- R P Watal
- Ravi Mathur
- G S Sandhu
- Arvind Mayaram
Sri Lanka: U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has proposed a 20 per cent cut in the American aid to Colombo, a move reflecting the unease in their ties over issues related to human rights, reconstruction and political integration in Sri Lanka after the end of the civil war.
R K Dhowan: Vice Admiral R K Dhowan may be the next Navy chief as the Defence Ministry has recommended his name to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the post which has been lying vacant for nearly two months since D K Joshi quit suddenly in the wake of a series of mishaps.
Nina Davuluri: The first ever Indian-American Miss America Nina Davuluri have been invited by the White House for its annual Easter Egg Roll Celebrations on April 21. Easter Egg Roll will take place on the South Lawn of the White House.
Vijay Seshadri: India-born poet Vijay Seshadri has won the prestigious 2014 Pulitzer Prize in the poetry category for his collection of poems “3 Sections.” The 98th annual Pulitzer Prizes in Journalism, Letters, Drama and Music were announced on Monday by Columbia University.
Prakash Katama: Prakash Katama, director of Nokia India’s plant at Sriperumbudur near here, has quit. The company said he would be a consultant for a specified period. V Sembian, head of product and process engineering, will be the factory’s new director.
Bubba Watson: Bubba Watson earned his second Masters championship, becoming the 17th golfer to win multiples green jackets.
Iraq: A series of attacks across Iraq killed 27 people and wounded well over 100 on Monday morning. The attacks, many involving car bombs, took place less than a week before Iraqis in much of the country are scheduled to vote in the country’s first elections since 2011.
Angela Voigt: Angela Voigt, the 1976 Olympic long-jump champion for then East Germany, died on Thursday of an undisclosed illness, her former club SC Magdeburg said on Monday. She was 61.
Fawaz al-Itan: Fawaz al-Itan, Jordan’s ambassador to Libya was kidnapped in Tripoli on Tuesday by gunmen who demanded an Islamist militant be released from a Jordanian jail in exchange for the diplomat’s freedom.
Arvind Mayaram: Economic Affairs Secretary Arvind Mayaram has been designated as Finance Secretary. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) had approved a proposal to designate Mayaram as the Finance Secretary. The post of Finance Secretary was lying vacant since March 31 when Sumit Bose demitted office.