Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 17, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following movie won the Best Popular Film award at the 61st National Film Awards?
- Chennai Express
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
- Dhoom 3
- Krrish 3
- The Election Commission has ordered re-poll in 37 polling stations in-
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Which among the following actress hospitalized after suffering severe allergic reaction?
- Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez
- Miley Cyrus
- Demi Lovato
- At least 6 people were killed and 15 injured as private bus catches fire in-
- Who has been named most powerful gay US celebrity?
- Ellen Degeneres
- Portia de Rossi
- Ellen Page
- Anne Heche
- Name the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) curator who recently quit his post?
- Ankit Dutta
- Puneet Sinha
- Venkat Sundaram
- Neeraj Pandy
- Which among the following country gets China gets first bitcoin ATM?
- United States
- Who has been won the best actress award at the 61st National Film Awards?
- Aida Elkashef
- Pallavi Subhash
- Sonali Kulkarni
- Geetanjali Thapa
- Who became the first Kashmiri to develop an android application named ‘Dial Kashmir?
- Mehvish Mushtaq Hakak
- Razia Beguam
- Shaista Khan
- Farjaana Abbasi
- At least 17 miners die in illegal mine collapse in-
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra directed biopic “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” has been named the best film in the wholesome entertainment category at the 61st National Film Awards.
Arunachal Pradesh: The EC has ordered repoll in 37 polling stations in Arunachal Pradesh after the poll process in these booths was suspended on April 9 following reports of violence. Many electronic voting machines were also damaged in these booths.
Miley Cyrus: Miley Cyrus has been rushed to hospital after suffering severe allergic reaction to some antibiotics she was taking. She was not able to perform in Kansas City as scheduled.
Karnataka: Six people were charred to death and 15 injured when a private bus from Davanagere to Bangalore caught fire in Chitradurga district in Karnataka on Wednesday.
Ellen Degeneres: Ellen Degeneres has been named the most powerful gay celebrity in the US in a new magazine poll. The 56-year-old TV show host, who is married to actress Portia de Rossi, secured the top spot on the magazines 2014 Power List.
Venkat Sundaram: Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) on Tuesday received a jolt with veteran curator Venkat Sundaram deciding to quit citing personal reasons.
China: BTC China, one of the country’s leading digital currency exchanges, has installed China’s first bitcoin ATM and launched an online app allowing individuals to buy and sell bitcoins using mobile phones, skirting local banking regulations seen as increasingly hostile to so-called crypto-currencies.
Geetanjali Thapa: Actress Geetanjali Thapa has won best actress for Hindi film “Liar’s Dice” at the 61st National Film Awards announced on Wednesday (16th April).
Mehvish Mushtaq Hakak: Mehvish Mushtaq Hakak, a 23-year-old computer science student, has become a role model for Kashmiri youths by developing the first-ever android application for the Valley – Dial Kashmir. Mehvish is the first Kashmiri to develop an android application.
Ghana: Seventeen miners have died after being trapped in an abandoned mining pit in Ghana’s Central Region, local media reported on Tuesday.