Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 18, 2014 major events.
- Who has been takes over as new Navy chief?
- A. K. Antony
- Robin K. Dhowan
- Vishnu Bhagwat
- Sureesh Mehta
- Which among the following company to buy 20% in Shriram Cap for 2,014 crore?
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited
- Cipla Limited
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited
- Piramal Enterprises Limited
- Name the Colombian novelist who recently passed away at age of 87?
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Carlos Fuentes
- Federico García Lorca
- Miguel de Cervantes
- Which BJP leader allowed to campaign in Uttar Pradesh after Election Commission lifts ban?
- Murli Manohar Joshi
- Varun Gandhi
- Amit Shah
- Haren Pandya
- Name the Mumbai’s Central Prison superintendent of police who held for graft?
- Tarun Verma
- Dinesh Gupta
- Vasudev Burkule
- Who has been appointed as new Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO)?
- Gurmeet Singh
- Dr. Medithi Ravi Kanth
- Pankaj Soni
- Ankit Malhotra
- Which among the following company won the ‘Best Practice CSR Award’?
- Reliance Industries
- Bharat Petroleum
- Which broadcasting company becomes first Western broadcaster to go China-wide?
- Shanghai Media Group
- British Broadcasting Corporation
- American Broadcasting Company
- Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
- Which among the following poet get Jnanpith Award for the year 2012 for his contribution to Telugu literature?
- C. Narayana Reddy
- Ravuri Bharadwaja
- Chandrashekhara Kambara
- Yarlagadda Lakshmi Prasad
- Which among the following football club won the Copa del Rey final?
- Real Madrid
- Southall United
Robin K. Dhowan: Robin K. Dhowan on Thursday took over as chief of the Indian Navy nearly two months after D.K. Joshi quit the post in the wake of a series of mishaps.
Piramal Enterprises: Piramal Enterprises on Thursday said it will buy a 20% stake in Shriram Capital,a Chennai-headquartered unlisted financial services company, for Rs 2,014 crore. Shriram Capital is the holding company for the financial services and insurance business within the Shriram group.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Nobel prize winning Colombian novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez has died,a person close to the family has confirmed. The 87-year-old author had recently been in hospital for nine days in Mexico City for dehydration and a lung and urinary infection.
Amit Shah: The Election Commission on Thursday revoked its order barring BJP general secretary Amit Shah from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh, even as sources indicated that a similar ban on Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan is likely to stay.
Vasudev Burkule: The anti-corruption bureau on Wednesday night arrested Arthur Road jail superintendent Vasudev Burkule and his deputy, Pradip Pathrikar, for demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 40,000 for clearing a candidate in an examination for jailors.
Dr. Medithi Ravi Kanth: Dr. Medithi Ravi Kanth has taken over as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO).
BSES: BSES awarded the ‘Best Practice CSR Award’ at the National CSR Conclave & Awards 2014 organized by Think Media Inc in Delhi.
American Broadcasting Company: China has put aside old restrictions on western media and allowed the Australian Broadcasting Corporation to distribute its content in the entire country. ABC announced the move on Thursday. This is the most extensive access afforded to any Western broadcaster.
Ravuri Bharadwaja: Eminent Telugu novelist, short story writer, poet and critic Ravuri Bharadwaja was selected on Wednesday for the prestigious Jnanpith award for the year 2012 for his contribution to Telugu literature.
Real Madrid: Gareth Bale’s stunning individual goal five minutes from time won the Copa del Rey final for Real Madrid as they beat arch-rivals Barcelona 2-1 in Valencia.