Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 19, 2014 major events.
- Santa Cruz-Chembur Link Road (SCLR) fastest east-west link road opens after 11 years in-
- Who becomes the first player to play 100 matches in the Indian Premier League (IPL)?
- Suresh Raina
- Yusuf Pathan
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Jacques Kallis
- Who has been conferred with International Water Performance Initiative Award for the year 2014?
- Rajasthan Jal Board
- Assam Jal Board
- Delhi Jal Board
- Bombay Jal Board
- At least six persons including three children were killed as bus catches fire in-
- Madhya Pradesh
- Which among the following Indian hill station recently banned horse riding?
- Chail, Himachal Pradesh
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
- Wilson Hills, Gujarat
- Paithalmala, Kerala
- Who has been named chef-de-mission of the Indian contingent for the Commonwealth Games?
- Suresh Mehta
- Deepak Rastogi
- Milan Dogra
- Raj Singh
- Who has been won the Thailand tenpin title 2014?
- Shaik Abdul Hameed
- Anil Kumar
- Prakash Gupta
- Vinay Sinha
- Who has been recorded the quickest time in the second practice session for the Chinese Grand Prix?
- Nico Rosberg
- Felipe Massa
- Lewis Hamilton
- Kimi Raikkonen
- Which among the following country quit as hosts of the 2019 Asian Games?
- At least 27 persons were killed and more than 30 injured as severe dust storm hits-
- Uttar Pradesh
Mumbai: After 11 long years, the Santa Cruz-Chembur Link Road (SCLR) was finally inaugurated at 8.15am sharp on Friday. MMRDA officials marked the soft opening by breaking eleven coconuts and burning an equal number of incense sticks.
Suresh Raina: CSK star batsman Suresh Raina has become the first player to play 100 matches in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Having played all his matches for Chennai Super Kings in IPL, Raina is closely followed by Rohit Sharma, who has played 98 matches in IPL.
Delhi Jal Board: Delhi Jal Board has been awarded the international Water Performance Initiative Award, 2014 at the prestigious Global Water Summit held in Paris, France from April 6 to 8. The award was presented during the Global Water Summit.
Madhya Pradesh: At least six persons including three children were charred to death while many others sustained burn injuries when a bus carrying baratis caught fire after a hightension electricity wire fell on it in Bhind, Madhya Pradesh on Friday night.
Mussoorie, Uttarakhand: 70 -year-old tradition of having leisurely horse-rides coming to an end in Mussoorie. Horse riding was recently banned on the Mall Road. Around 25 horse-owners have been provided shops on Camel Road under a rehabilitation package offered by Mussoorie Nagarpalika.
Raj Singh: Wrestling Federation of India Secretary General Raj Singh was today named chef-de-mission of the Indian contingent for the Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow in July-August.
Shaik Abdul Hameed: India’s Shaik Abdul Hameed scored a stunning 242-183 win over United Arab Emirates Mahmood Al Attar and annexed the ABF Thailand Tour tenpin bowling title in Bangkok on Thursday.
Lewis Hamilton: Lewis Hamilton returned Mercedes to the top of the timesheets on Friday by setting the fastest time in the second practice session for the Chinese Grand Prix.
United States: Vietnam quit as hosts of the 2019 Asian Games on Thursday, citing a lack of preparedness and concerns that holding the multi-sport event would not prove financially viable.
Uttar Pradesh: At least 27 persons were killed and more than 30 injured in incidents of roofs collapse and uprooting of trees and poles after a severe dust storm hit several districts of Uttar Pradesh.