Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 20, 2014 major events.
- Who has been appointed as new head coach of England cricket team?
- Ashley Giles
- Peter Moores
- Glen Chapple
- Mike Watkinson
- Which among the following country to build 1 km long world’s tallest tower?
- Saudi Arabia
- Name the Senior Pakistani journalist who was seriously injured in a targeted shooting in Karachi?
- Najam Sethi
- Talat Hussain
- Zaid Hamid
- Hamid Mir
- Eight people were killed as truck runs over marriage party in-
- Andhra Pradesh
- Name the former Governor of Karnataka and Himachal Pradesh who recently passed away?
- Kamla Beniwal
- Urmila Singh
- V.S. Ramadevi
- Margaret Alva
- Which among the following film director honored with Lifetime Achievement Award?
- IV Sasi
- Kaviyoor Ponnamma
- Mohan Lal
- Fahad Fazil
- Which Indian state record first conviction in land grabbing case?
- Tamil Nadu
- Which Indian-American student named as Boston suspect?
- Pradeep Kumar
- Sunil Tripathi
- Jitender Mehto
- Gaurav Pandit
- Which player beat Novak Djokovic to reach Monte Carlo Masters final against Stanislas Wawrinka?
- Tomáš Berdych
- Roger Federer
- Juan Martín del Potro
- Grigor Dimitrov
- World War II bomb found near Kalaikunda airbase in-
- West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh
Peter Moores: Peter Moores was named England coach for the second time on Saturday as the cricket board continued its overhaul following the humiliating 5-0 Ashes rout in Australia at the start of the year.
Saudi Arabia: Standing at over 1,000 meters (3,280 feet), the Kingdom Tower in Saudi Arabia is set to become the world’s tallest tower, beating its closest rival Burj Khalifa in Dubai by nearly 600 feet.
Hamid Mir: Top Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir 47, was seriously injured after gunmen on motorcycles fired on his car as he left Karachi airport and was on way to his office on Saturday. Mir,who works with Geo TV, was shot thrice.
Jharkhand: Eight members of a marriage party died after they were run over by a speeding truck in Dhanbad in Jharkhand, police said on Saturday.
V.S. Ramadevi: The former Governor of Karnataka and Himachal Pradesh, V.S. Ramadevi, died here on Wednesday following a massive cardiac arrest. She was 79.
IV Sasi: Malayalam film-maker IV Sasi received the Lifetime Achievement Award instituted by Boby Chemmanur at a public function here on Friday. The award comprises a purse of Rs 10 lakh, a ‘ponnada’ and a citation.
Tamil Nadu: The first ever conviction in a land grabbing case was recorded in Dharmapuri district in Tamil Nadu on Thursday. Two persons accused of grabbing the land of a farmer in the Marandahalli police station limits were awarded one year imprisonment.
Sunil Tripathi: Amidst the uncontrolled flow of information on the search for two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings, a young Indian-American, Sunil Tripathi (22), became a casualty of media overzealousness after he was falsely named as a person of interest in the case.
Roger Federer: Roger Federer beat an injured Novak Djokovic 7-5 6-2 to set up an all-Swiss Monte Carlo Masters final with Stanislas Wawrinka after the Australian Open champion ousted David Ferrer 6-1 7-6 (3) on Saturday.
West Bengal: A 450-kg bomb of World War II vintage was found three feet under the ground while digging for a lamp post near Kalaikunda air base in West Bengal.br>