Current Affairs of April 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of April 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 April 2011
- Special screening of the most-awaited cricket match between India and Pakistan organized at Prashant Agarwal’s residence.
- India-Pakistan match screening at the Gondwana Club witnessed verve and vibrancy of the highest order in Nagpur.
- Airlines get a breather as ground-handling agencies to stay for now.
Current Affairs of 02 April 2011
- SC hints at experts panel for PolavaramTo Assess Environmental, Social Impact After CWC, Expert Panel Submit Report.
- City falls, rises too, census 2011 | slips on literacy rank, sex ratio improves over 2001.
- Ind vs SL: Injuries could force both teams to ring in changes in the final.
- LU V-C forms 3-member team to investigate Swatantra, SG fiasco.
Current Affairs of 03 April 2011
- Frenzied celebrations across the country to mark World Cup win.
- Team India expresses itself moments after the historic triumph.
Current Affairs of 04 April 2011
- High profile dinner do for British High Commissioner Sir Richard Stagg in Lucknow.
- 2G scam: CBI chargesheet challenges PM’s defence on spectrum pricing.
- Jagan to file his nomination for Kadapa LS on April 15.
Current Affairs of 05 April 2011
- Tamil Nadu to give Rs 3 crore cash award to Indian cricket team.
- RTI tells Pallavaram residents that local body owes them Rs 58 lakh.
- Central team in Sonbhadra to probe MGNREGS anomalies.
- ICC confirms 2015 and 2019 World Cups will be 10-team affairs.
Current Affairs of 06 April 2011
- Juniors of Electrical Department of SRKNEC hosted a unique farewell bash in Nagpur.
- CIC summons IIT official for not responding to RTI queries.
- Bigwigs trooped in at Nagpur Bhushan Gaurav award function organized to honour two special citizens of Nagpur.
- Child sex ratio in UP dips, sex determination travel to east UP.
- World Bank, Centre to help in setting up forest training centre.
Current Affairs of 07 April 2011
- Yukta Mookhey caught at store launch of Gitanjali Jewels at The Nagpur Ashok, Laxmi Nagar in Nagpur.
- Increase lanes from 32 to 56, cops to NHAI.
- Aamir Khan says Anna Hazare deserves greater support than cricket team.
- Gorakhpur train route to remain affected from Apr 8 to 11.
- Pune student tops GATE exam, scores 91.33%.
Current Affairs of 08 April 2011
- Masquerade themed farewell bash of students of computer science department of the KDK College of Engineering.
- Members of a local club got together to celebrate the All Fool’s Day in Kanpur.
- ACB court orders probe into CWG-type scam in HCA.
- Cricket bonanza boosts sale of flat panel display TV sets.
Current Affairs of 09 April 2011
- 2 arrested for robbing BPO cabs in Delhi and Gurgaon.
- Amravati cops arrest two touts active in Nagpur RTO office.
- Man inflicts 63 stab wounds on wife, 31 on daughter, 30 on himself.
- HPCB serves show-cause notice to rice processing unit for pollution.
Current Affairs of 10 April 2011
- Blame radical Hindu outfits for Srinagar cleric’s killing, Lashkar told scribe.
- DC vs RR: Rajasthan Royals thump Deccan Chargers by 8 wickets.
- US agencies confirm presence of Chinese troops along LoC in PoK.
- Sri Venkateswara Swamy temple anniversary celebrated.
Current Affairs of 11 April 2011
- IDBI-IIFCL joins hands to fund infra projects.
- DHL to launch time-bound delivery for US.
- Indians ready to pay £1m-plus for a UK home..
- WTO members to try reviving Doha talks, again.
Current Affairs of 12 April 2011
- Jet, Sahara deal almost done, hitches over payment.
- Sheikh Hasina delays return to Bangladesh.
- IIMs to announce admissions list on April 21.
- Delhi serial blasts accused knew about IISc attack.
Current Affairs of 13 April 2011
- BJP wins reprieve in CD case as EC defers decision.
- Voting begins for 2nd phase of UP elections.
- IIM admission lists to be out on April 21.
- US hawks slam ‘greedy’ India over nuclear deal.
Current Affairs of 14 April 2011
- 46% turnout in second phase of UP elections.
- Delhi rubbishes Jakarta charges of Agni forcing plane return.
- IMF set to play referee for financial integration in Asia.
- Nilekani does a Murthy, steps down as CEO.
- GM chief to visit India next week.
Current Affairs of 15 April 2011
- Centre summons state DGPs, chief secys for meet on internal security.
- RBI tightens noose around cross-border wire transfers.
- Centre summons state DGPs, chief secys for meet on internal security.
- Insurance firm told to pay Rs 58, 679.
Current Affairs of 16 April 2011
- ITC to invest Rs 15,000 cr in hotel, agri businesses.
- Sonia Gandhi unlikely to attend Abhiash wedding.
- CTU driver held peddling 2 kg poppy husk.
- Couple in Limca records for most number of marathons.
Current Affairs of 17 April 2011
- Orissa to apprise SC on violation of FRA in Polavaram. dam.
- Soil test for Metro Rail underground passage begins
- Corrupt judges shouldn’t be protected: Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia.
- BTech students demand more representatives in IIIT-A students council.
Current Affairs of 18 April 2011
- Ex-school clerk sends abusive SMS to Zilla Parishad employee.
- NIT students unhappy over ad hoc teachers in Kurukshetra.
- World Heritage Day theme this year is Cultural Heritage of Water.
- 89% commuters rank Metro service as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’.
- Tight security for DDA housing scheme 2010 draw in Noida.
Current Affairs of 19 April 2011
- High profile do organized by Ambika and Aradhna Misra to celebrate their son Raghav’s mundan ceremony in Lucknow.
- Theatre buffs pay tribute to Oscar Wilde through play ‘Karma And The Pig Philosophy’ in Nagpur.
- KTK vs CSK: Kochi Tuskers Kerala beat Chennai Super Kings by 7 wickets.
- Stop smear campaign by Congress leaders, Hazare writes to to Sonia.
- SC refuses to stay CBI probe into food grain scam in UP.
Current Affairs of 20 April 2011
- Ex-tourism min gives govt one week to consider English as medium of instruction.
- Poets Surendra Sharma, Mahendra Ajnabi, and others join in Haasya Kavi Sammelan at the Gondwana Club. to make it a rib-tickling affair in Nagpur.
- Goa plan size for 2011-12 fixed at 3,320 crore.
- Delhi’s loss is Gurgaon’s gain as starry events shift to the city.
- IRCTC to provide catering services to CSA University students.
Current Affairs of 21 April 2011
- BIA cargo loaders nabbed for stealing cameras, phones.
- KKR vs KTK: Kochi Tuskers Kerala beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 6 runs.
- Fighting against CPM barefoot for last 31 yrs.
- PWI vs MI: Mumbai Indians beat Pune Warriors by seven wickets.
Current Affairs of 22 April 2011
- 23 legislators from 10 states participate in india policy workshop.
- Controversy around Bhushans will harm PIL cause in SC.
- SC Registry raises queries on Bhushan’s contempt plea, puts it before CJI.
- KXIP vs RR: Kings XI Punjab beat Rajasthan Royals by 48 runs.
Current Affairs of 23 April 2011
- NAPM, LRM ask politicians to stop opposing Lokpal Bill.
- MI vs CSK: Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 8 runs.
- 2G spectrum scam: ICICI manager tells CBI about ADAG’s links with Swan Telecom.
- AGCL rakes in over Rs 40cr of untaxed profit during 2010-11.
- India to complete head count of people living in 92 Bangla enclaves by May 15.
Current Affairs of 24 April 2011
- DD vs KXIP: Delhi Daredevils beat Kings XI Punjab by 29 runs.
- Senior citizen robbed of gold chain during morning walk in Kandivli.
- Bhushan CD likely to be sent to another CFSL for re-examination.
Current Affairs of 25 April 2011
- Mirasdar takes charge as president of Maharashtra sahitya parishad.
- 11 months later, 33% Mhada lottery winners yet to get possession of flats.
- DC vs MI: Mumbai Indians beat Deccan Chargers by 37 runs.
- 2 Chennai customs officers killed in accident near Bangalore.
- 161 cases against docs for sex determination, none convicted.
Current Affairs of 26 April 2011
- Saina Nehwal sets to strut her stuff in India Open Super Series.
- Kanimozhi, Raja, DMK TV chief got Rs 200 crore bribe from DB: CBI.
- Fadnavis: 7/12 extracts of plots for Melghat tribals by June end.
- 2G scam: BJP, AIADMK question exclusion of Dayalu Ammal from chargesheet.
- CWG scam: Shunglu report sent to Delhi govt, DDA, NDMC for comments.
Current Affairs of 27 April 2011
- SYBSc student, depressed after failure, kills herself in Sakinaka.
- Maharashtra’s child mortality may hide truth of sex-selective abortions.
- KTK vs DC: Mahela and Sanga against each other as Tuskers take on Chargers.
- Sharp rise expected in number of coronary hear disease patients by 2015.
- CWG OC mulls Rs 700 crore suit on SMAM for failing to get revenue.
Current Affairs of 28 April 2011
- Ex-students of a prominent school partied hard at their school reunion party in the city.
- Karunanidhi files defamation complaint against AIADMK officials.
- SC reserves verdict on plea for stringent charges against Bhopal gas case accused.
- Wiki files: 9/11 mastermind Khalid defied Qaida, killed Daniel Pearl.
Current Affairs of 29 April 2011
- Chitpawan community party hard in cololer and casual style at the Gondwana Club in Nagpur
- 778 couples tie the knot at Nagbhid mass marriage function
- Sonia’s NAC takes on Anna camp: Lokpal no magic pill against graft.
Current Affairs of 30 April 2011
- With candlelight march, citizens urge PMC to save demand restoration of Devnadi.
- Congress slams BJP for double standards on Purulia arms drop case.
- Teachers’ Eligibility Test will make recruitment process transparent.
- Water Board receives requisitions from sectors outside GHMC limits.