Current Affairs of April 2012 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of April 2012. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 April 2012:
- India and UAE sign bilateral agreement on Mutual Assistance in Custom Matters to curb custom violations. — April 1, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 02 April 2012:
- Kingfisher chief Vijay Mallya today wrote a letter to the airline’s employees promising to resume their salaries this week. — April 2, Hindustan Times
Current Affairs of 03 April 2012:
- Supreme Court orders the Haryana government to stop all illegal mining activities in Mewat district.— April 3, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 04 April 2012:
- National Human Rights Commission recommends monetary compensation to 1513 identified victims of Punjab mass cremation case. — April 4, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 05 April 2012:
- Supreme Court to hear Centre’s review petition in 2G case in an open court on 13th of this month.— April 5, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 06 April 2012:
- In Odisha, Maoists extend the deadline for release of abducted BJD MLA Jhina Hikaka and an Italian Paulo Bosusco till tomorrow, Odisha government announces names of 27 prisoners to be freed from jail in exchange of release. — April 6, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 07 April 2012:
- Divya Bharti’s life on screen
- IPL 5: Rahane makes it Dravid’s day as Rajasthan beat Punjab by 31 runs.
- Manmohan Singh to host closed-door lunch for Asif Ali Zardari.
- 4 district get new district magistrates as government shifts 16 IAS officers.
Current Affairs of 08 April 2012:
- ‘GHMC gives short shrift to East, West & North zones in fund allocation’.
- More legal trouble in store for Satyam, Aberdeen drags scam-hit company to UK.
- 9,000 students from Tamil Nadu to take IIT entrance exam today.
- University of Mumbai appoints panel to address exam department problems.
Current Affairs of 09 April 2012:
- Everyone can’t become MLA or MLC: Modi
- Long wait for NMC job ends for kin of deceased staffers
- Act against terrorists if you want peace: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari
- IIT-JEE passes off peacefully with no incidents of irregularities
Current Affairs of 10 April 2012:
- ONGC Tripura power project by June.
- Supreme Court gives 3 months to ministry of environment and forests for tourism guidelines.
- Nashik Zilla Parishad soon to go hi-tech.
- Professor wants FIR against senior IPS officer in ‘cheating’ case.
Current Affairs of 11 April 2012:
- Supreme Court directs seven States to furnish within 48 hours, details of mercy petitions pending with the respective Governors. — April 11, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 12 April 2012:
- Finance Minister says, hard decisions cannot be delayed anymore as the Indian economy is facing tough times. — April 12, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 13 April 2012:
- Government approves turn around plan and restructuring package for Air India with 30,000 crore rupees infusion; Also approves a new bill on marriage registration. — April 13, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 14 April 2012:
- Prime Minister calls for use of technology to keep alive rich cultural heritage and art forms. — April 14, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 15 April 2012:
- Andheri, Himachal Pradesh youths held for possessing hashish worth Rs 25 lakhs.
- High court refuses to stay land-grab investigation.
- Pratibha’s Pune home a break from tradition.
- 17,000 acres acres of government land in Ranga Reddy district encroached.
Current Affairs of 16 April 2012:
- Counter terror mechanism and Maoist violence to be focus of discussions in Chief Minister’s Conference on Internal Security in New Delhi today. — April16, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 17 April 2012:
- Enforcement Directorate registers 14 cases under anti money laundering laws against former Uttar Pradesh Family Welfare Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and others in the National Rural Health Mission scam. — April 17, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 18 April 2012:
- Home Minister P Chidambaram says, Centre is willing to accommodate states’ concern on the issue of proposed National Counter Terrorism Centre. — April 18, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 19 April 2012:
- India’s first Inter Continental Ballastic Missile Agni-5 launched successfully. — April 19, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 20 April 2012:
- India successfully launches Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Agni-5; DRDO chief calls it a game changer. — April 20, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 21 April 2012:
- Chris Gayle, AB de Villiers smother Punjab with 131-run stand.
- After 56 cuts, (not so) Dirty Picture to be aired.
- BBA student turned robber to pay off debt.
- EPFO subscribers to get monthly balance details.
Current Affairs of 22 April 2012:
- Sourav Ganguly’s fiery all-round show gives Pune big win over Delhi.
- Nagpur AIEEE candidate gets exam centre in Bihar.
- On Earth Day, an urgent call for sustainable commerce.
- Chief information commissioner appointment may hit a roadblock.
Current Affairs of 23 April 2012:
- Chhattisgarh government forms a cabinet sub-committee to secure safe release of abducted Sukma district collector Alex Paul Menon. — April 23, News on AIR
Current Affairs of 24 April 2012:
- Budget Session of Parliament resumes today after a recess of three weeks; Government says it is trying for consensus on Lokpal and Lokayukta Bill in the current session. — April 24, News on Air
- SC clears way for Bikram Singh’s appointment as next Army chief dismissed.
- Now, India’s second FRCS exam centre in Pune.
- City hospital bags Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award.
Current Affairs of 25 April 2012:
- Supreme Court extends deadline for fresh auctioning of 2G spectrum licenses from June 2 to August 31 this year. — April 25, News on Air
Current Affairs of 26 April 2012:
- Congress dismisses reports of some of its Ministers expressing their willingness to quit their posts and work for the party. — April 26, News on Air
Current Affairs of 27 April 2012:
- India’s first indigenous Radar Imaging Satellite RISAT-1 launched successfully; The all-weather satellite to be used for agriculture and disaster management. — April 27, News on Air
Current Affairs of 28 April 2012:
- Government plans to install over 2000 mobile towers in naxal hit states. — April 28, News On Air
Current Affairs of 29 April 2012:
- Government to begin its disinvestment programme for the current fiscal from June with stake sale in Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd . — April 29, News On Air
Current Affairs of 30 April 2012:
- The Two Maoist nominated negotiators likely to return to Raipur today after talks with abductors of the Sukma District Collector. — April 30, News On Air