Current Affairs of April 2013 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of April 2013. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 April 2013:
- Narendra Modi rejoins BJP Parliamentary Board after six years.
- Legendary Music Producer Phil Ramone Dies at 79.
- Anvita Dutt wins Worst Lyrics award at the 5th Annual Golden Kela awards.
- Gujarat beats Punjab to clinch Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Tournament.
- Andy Murray beats David Ferrer to win Miami Masters.
- Serena Williams beats Maria Sharapova to win sixth Miami title.
Current Affairs of 02 April 2013:
- Petrol price cut by Re 1/litre.
- Fire at Islamic school kills 13 boys in Myanmar.
- GV Prasad appointed as new chairman of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories.
- New York first Gorilla Pattycake, star of Bronx Zoo, dies at 40.
- 1,500 schools register online for recognition.
Current Affairs of 03 April 2013:
- Srikanth Sri Srinivasan to be first S. Asian circuit court judge in United State.
- Sandeep Patil quits as Mumbai & West Zone Chief Selector.
- Railway Minister Launched Wi-Fi Service on Kolkata Rajdhani.
- Gujarat Assembly passes new Lokayukta Bill.
Current Affairs of 04 April 2013:
- Italy’s Nadia Santini named world’s best female chef.
- Oscar winner author and writer Ruth Prawer Jhabvala dies at 85.
- Randeep Singh Surjewala Conffered With Best MLA Award.
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Delhi Daredevils by 6 wickets in IPL Opener.
- Chinese Scientists developed world’s lightest material.
Current Affairs of 05 April 2013:
- Narendra Kumar Verma appointed as new ONGC Director.
- Anoop Kumar Gupta appointed as new director of DMRC.
- ONGC conferred with Most Efficient Company in the PSU Awards 2012.
- International Cricket Council introduces new No ball rule for Test, ODI and T20.
Current Affairs of 06 April 2013:
- S Gopalakrishnan appointed as the new President of CII.
- Moin Khan appointed new manager of Pakistan Cricket Team.
- Rahi Sarnobat first Indian pistol shooter to win gold in ISSF World Cup.
- Queen Elizabeth II conferred with Honorary BAFTA Award.
- Influential U.S. film critic Roger Ebert dies at 70.
Current Affairs of 07 April 2013:
- Rajasthan Government launched Free Essential Diagnostic Tests Scheme.
- At least 22 people killed in attack on election tent in Iraq.
- Raninder Singh re-elected as president of National Rifle Association of India.
- Rajasthan Royals defeat Delhi Daredevils by 5 runs in thriller.
- Praksh Nanjappa won bronze medal in air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup.
- Bayern Munich clinch 22nd Bundesliga title in record time.
Current Affairs of 08 April 2013:
- Gregg Clark appointed as new Coach of Junior Men National Hockey Team.
- Kings XI Punjab beat Pune Warriors by 8 wickets.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Royal Challengers by 5 runs in Super Over.
- Scientists discovered a Sun’s magnetic heartbeat.
Current Affairs of 09 April 2013:
- N.S Saman appointed as new Chairman and Managing Director of NPCC.
- Margaret Thatcher, Britain’s first female Prime Minister, dead at 87.
- Serena Williams beat Jelena Jankovic to win Family Circle Cup title.
- CBSE to offer law as an elective subject in classes XI and XII.
- Rajasthan Royals beat KKR by 19 runs to record second victory.
- Krishna Kumar Natrajan appointed as the New Chief of NASSCOM.
Current Affairs of 10 April 2013:
- Matthew Tredrea appointed as new adviser of senior women’s hockey team.
- 8 killed as LPG tanker overturns, catches fire.
- Assam government launched Free liver transplant for children.
- Indian’s win silver medal in World Youth Weightlifting.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 7 wickets.
- Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Daredevils by 44 runs.
Current Affairs of 11 April 2013:
- Pakistan Successfully Test-Fired Nuclear-Capable Hatf-IV Ballistic Missile.
- Test tube baby pioneer Robert Edwards dies at 87.
- Scientist discovered new gel to help relieve pain in arthritis.
- World Trade Organization cuts 2013 global trade growth forecast to 3.3%.
Current Affairs of 12 April 2013:
- Bollywood Actor Amitabh Bachchan conferred with NTR Film Award.
- Devendra G. Fadnavis appointed as new Maharashtra BJP President.
- P.J.Kurien appointed as new chairman of Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development.
- Australian Captain Michael Clarke named Wisden’s ‘Cricketer of the Year’.
Current Affairs of 13 April 2013:
- Veteran actor Pran gets Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
- Rahul Ragala Venkat wins two medals in Youth World Championships.
- Rashid Khan bags PGTI Players Championship Title at Classic Golf Resort.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad thrash Delhi Daredevils by 3 wickets in a thriller.
Current Affairs of 14 April 2013:
- Adille Sumariwala appointed as new president of Athletics Federation of India.
- Mumbai Indians beat Pune Warriors india by 41 runs.
- Deo Raj Nagar appointed as new DGP of Uttar Pradesh.
- Alok Ohrie appointed as new Managing Directorof Dell India.
- Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by four wickets.
Current Affairs of 15 April 2013:
- Ticketek appointed ticketing provider for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
- Polio vaccine developer Dr Hilary Koprowski passes away at 96.
- Industrialist Rama Prasad Goenka dies at 83.
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 48 runs.
- Rajasthan Royals beat Kings XI Punjab by 6 wickets.
- Bangladesh to host 2014 Asia Cup.
Current Affairs of 16 April 2013:
- Viacom18 appointed Ajit Andhare as new head of films business.
- Jayant N. Khobragade appointed Indian Ambassador to Kyrgyz Republic.
- Baby Nobel Prize for Delhi born United State economist Raj Chetty.
- Pune Warriors beat Chennai Super Kings by 24 runs.
- Petrol price cut by one rupee per litre.
Current Affairs of 17 April 2013:
- At least 40 killed and dozens injured as biggest earthquake in 50 years hits Iran.
- Bombers kill 20 on Pakistan campaign trail.
- Raj Singh appointed as new secretary general Wrestling Federation of India.
- Scientists developed a new smart phone app to help lose weight.
- Kings XI Punjab beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 04 runs.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Delhi Daredevils in Super Over.
Current Affairs of 18 April 2013:
- Eight new judges take oath in Delhi High Court.
- Madhya Pradesh minister Vijay Shah resigns over sexist remarks.
- Supreme Court gives Sanjay Dutt four more weeks to surrender.
- Telugu writer Dr Ravuri Bharadwaja conferred with Jnanpith award 2012.
Current Affairs of 19 April 2013:
- Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Daredevils by 86 runs.
- N.L. Manjoka appionted as new Director of HUDCO.
- FM Gold channel head Danish Iqbal conferred with AIR Award.
- Andy Murray thrashed by Stanislas Wawrinka at Monte Carlo Masters.
Current Affairs of 20 April 2013:
- Scientists have developed new technology may help diagnose cancer early.
- Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf arrested.
- Former England captain Mike Denness died at age of 72.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Kings XI Punjab by five wickets.
- P.V Sindhu crashes out of Badminton Asia Championships.
Current Affairs of 21 April 2013:
- 7.0 magnitude quake in china killed at least 164, 6700 injured.
- Former President Parvez Musharraf remanded to judicial custody for 2 weeks.
- Sanjay Dutt moves to Supreme Court, files review petition against conviction.
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence conferred with Down Syndrome Friendship Award.
- Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal to win Monte Carlo Masters title.
- Bangladesh inks $1.6bn power deal with India.
Current Affairs of 22 April 2013:
- Egypt justice minister quits, cites Islamist protest.
- Tony Fernandes appointed as new Chief Operating Officer of AirAsia India.
- Mathematics wizard Shakuntala Devi dies at 83.
- Navjot Kaur wins Silver medal in the Asian Wrestling Championship.
- Lakshmi Mittal tumbles to 4th position in Sunday Times Rich List 2013.
- Army-jihadi clash kills 187 and 77 injured in Nigeria.
Current Affairs of 23 April 2013:
- Chennai Super Kings beat Rajasthan Royals by five wickets.
- Narendra Kumar appointed as new Managing Director of Indraprastha Gas Limited.
- Abdul Hamid appointed as new President of Bangladesh.
- Veteran violinist Lalgudi Jayaraman passes away at 82.
- Former CJI J S Verma, architect of anti-rape law passes away at 80.
Current Affairs of 24 April 2013:
- English Vinglish becomes second biggest Bollywood hit ever in Hong Kong.
- Alok Ranjan appointed as new chief secretary Jawed Usmani.
- Goa Government has banned drinking on Goa’s beaches.
- Kings XI Punjab Beat Delhi Daredevils by 5 wickets.
Current Affairs of 25 April 2013:
- Mumbai Indians Beat Kolkata Knight Riders By 5 Wickets.
- Dmitry Shukov to be appionted as new MTS CEO.
- Shamshad Begum, legendary playback singer, dies at 94.
- Saina Nehwal beat Belaetrix Manuputi by 21-12, 21-15 in india open.
Current Affairs of 26 April 2013:
- C.P. Singh appointed as new Dean of USMC of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- Archana Bhargava appointed as new Chairperson & Managing Director of United Bank of India.
- R.S.Mina has been honoured with Gold Award as HR Leader.
- Chennai Super Kings beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 5 wickets.
- Jordan Clark become first Englishman to hits 6 sixes in one over.
- Scientist developed First vaccine to fight gut bacteria in autistic kids.
Current Affairs of 27 April 2013:
- Japan’s Takehiko Nakao appointed as new president of Asian Development Bank.
- American legendary music singer George Jones dead at 81.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award for Yash Chopra, Rajesh Khanna.
- Golfer Manav Jaini wins Jaypee Greens Open.
Current Affairs of 28 April 2013:
- NN Vohra gets a second term as Jammu and Kashmir Governor.
- Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 8 wickets.
- World No 1 Lee Chong Wei enter the final of India Open Super Series.
- Li Na, Maria Sharapova enter the semi final of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.
Current Affairs of 29 April 2013:
- At Least 9 Killed and dozens injured in Pakistan Bomb Attacks.
- AAP delivers 10.5 Lakh letters on inflated bills to Chief Minister.
- Indian Railways enquiry number got record 29.20 crore calls in 2012.
- Chennai Super Kings beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 14 runs.
- World No.2 Maria Sharapova wins Stuttgart Grand Prix title.
- Spain’s Rafael Nadal wins record eighth Barcelona title.
- World No.1 Lee Chong Wei bagged his 2nd India Open Super Series title.
Current Affairs of 30 April 2013:
- Anil K.Gupta conferred with Commendation Certificate of SCOPE Meritorious Award.
- Gareth Bale became 3rd man to hooks PFA Player of the Year and Young Player awards.
- Virat Kohli, Sunil Gavaskar nominated by BCCI for Arjuna, Dhyanchand awards.
- Mumbai Indians beat Kings XI Punjab by 4 runs in a last-ball thriller.
- World Bank scales down India growth forecast to 6.1 per cent in 2013-14.