Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 21, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following country reached their first Fed Cup final since 1992?
- Who has been won the Chinese Grand Prix title 2014?
- Jenson Button
- Nico Rosberg
- Fernando Alonso
- Lewis Hamilton
- Which country government approved sale of powdered alcohol?
- United States
- Sri Lanka
- Which among the following suspended its three women MLAs for allegedly working against the party?
- Bhartiya Janata Party
- Janata Dal (United)
- Samajwadi Party
- Aam Aadmi Party
- Name the nasa’s moon landing engineer who recently dies at 95?
- John C. Houbolt
- Yuri Kondratyuk
- Maxime Faget
- Robert R. Gilruth
- At least 42 people were killed and several others injured in a road accident in-
- Who has been won the women’s Richmond Open squash tournament?
- Camille Serme
- Natalie Grinham
- Dipika Pallikal
- Joshna Chinappa
- At least 157 people killed and injured more than 5,700 in 6.6 earthquake hit-
- New Zealand
- Who has been won the Monte Carlo Masters title 2014?
- Roger Federer
- Stanislas Wawrinka
- Andy Murray
- Novak Djokovic
- United States registers 32% jump in graduate applications from-
- Sri Lanka
Germany: Germany reached their first Fed Cup final since 1992 on Sunday where they will face the Czech Republic who has featured in three of the last four title matches. Germany beat Australia by 3-1 in the semi-finals.
Lewis Hamilton: Lewis Hamilton’s dominance of the 2014 Formula One season continued on Sunday when he won the Chinese Grand Prix, his first hat-trick of victories following his triumphs in Malaysia and Bahrain.
United States: The US government has given approval for the production and sale of “Palcohol” – alcohol in powdered form that can be stirred into beverages. Seven flavours have so far been announced, including Margarita and Cosmopolitan.
Janata Dal (United): The JD (U) suspended its three women MLAs for allegedly working against the party candidates in the parliamentary election. The three MLAs are former minister and Bihariganj (Madhepura) MLA Renu Kumari Kushwaha, Khagaria MLA Poonam Devi Yadav and Pipra MLA Sujata Devi.
John C Houbolt: John C Houbolt, an engineer whose contributions to the US space programme were vital to Nasas successful Moon landing in 1969, has died. He was 95.
Pakistan: At least 42 people were killed and several others injured on Sunday when a bus they were travelling in collided with a trailer on the national highway in Pakistans Sukkur district.
Joshna Chinappa: World No. 21 Joshna Chinappa beat Australia’s former world champion Rachael Grinham 11-9, 11-5, 11-8 in the final to win the inaugural Richmond Open squash tournament.
China: China’s worst earthquake in three years killed at least 157 people and injured more than 5,700. The magnitude 6.6 quake hit a remote mountainous area of southwestern China’s Sichuan province at 8:02 a.m.
Stanislas Wawrinka: Stanislas Wawrinka won the Monte Carlo Masters for the first time on Sunday, rallying to beat Roger Federer 4-6,7-6 (5),6-2 in a rare all-Swiss final.
India: For the second year in a row, applications to US graduate schools from India skyrocketed in 2014 this time by 32% while those from prospective Chinese students shrunk, ccording to the CGS International Graduate Admissions Survey.