Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 22, 2014 major events.
- Who has been takes oath as the first woman Chief Justice of the Delhi high court on Monday?
- Seema Kumar
- Nidhi Sharma
- Kamala Prasad
- Justice G Rohini
- Supreme Court recently lifts 18 Months ban on iron ore mining in-
- Which Indian IT company joins top 10 global IT services companies club 2013?
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- At least 20 people of family die in boat tragedy in-
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Which among the following BJP leader’s website hacked by Pakistani hackers recently?
- Rajnath Singh
- Arun Jaitley
- L K Advani
- Sushma Swaraj
- Which country wants to join China’s maritime Silk Road plan?
- Saudi Arabia
- Which among the following Canadian author recently dies at the age of 77?
- Wayne Johnston
- Robertson Davies
- Michael Crummey
- Alistair MacLeod
- Who has been appointed as new chief selector of Pakistan cricket team by the Pakistan Cricket Board on Monday?
- Moin Khan
- Saqlain Mushtaq
- Aamer Sohail
- Wasim Akram
- Which Indian player entered the semi finals of the World Youth Championships?
- Amit Shah
- Pradeep Gupta
- Shyam Kakara
- Ganesh Pal
- Name the Myanmar’s longest-serving political prisoner who recently passed away at 85?
- Win Tin
- Tin Oo
- Maung Aye
- Khin Nyunt
Justice G Rohini: Justice G Rohini was sworn in as the first woman Chief Justice of the Delhi high court on Monday. She succeeds Justice N V Ramana who was elevated to the Supreme Court in February.
Goa: The Supreme Court on Monday allowed iron ore mining in Goa, lifting a ban imposed about 18 months ago, but placed a cap of 20 million tonnes on annual production from these mines.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited: The country’s largest IT services provider, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), has broken into the league of top 10 global IT services companies, moving from the 13th position in 2012 to the 10th spot in 2013.
Madhya Pradesh: Twenty people are feared drowned after a boat carrying them capsized in the Sindhu river in Datiya district in Madhya Pradesh.
L K Advani: The official website of veteran BJP leader L K Advani was hacked today allegedly by Pakistani hackers who posted messages of “free-Kashmir” on the portal.
India: India on Monday sent the first signal that it might join Chinas grand maritime Silk Road plan by participating in a nine-nation naval show organized in the eastern Chinese city of Qingdao.
Alistair MacLeod: Alistair MacLeod, the award-winning Canadian author who was best known for his short story collections and novel No Great Mischief, has died at 77.
Moin Khan: Former captain and coach Moin Khan was appointed as chief selector by the Pakistan Cricket Board on Monday, and Zaheer Abbas as honorary adviser to the chairman.
Shyam Kakara: Indian boxer Shyam Kakara booked a ticket to this year’s Youth Olympics besides assuring himself of a medal in the ongoing World Youth Championships after defeating Venezuela’s Yoel Finol 2-1 in a draining 49kg bout to make the semifinal stage.
Win Tin: Win Tin, the co-founder of Myanmar’s pro-democracy opposition and the nation’s longest-serving political prisoner died on Monday at the age of 85 of kidney failure.