Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 23, 2014 major events.
- Which BJP leader recently banned by Election Commission from campaigning in Bihar and Jharkhand?
- Giriraj Singh
- Sushil Kumar Modi
- Nand Kishore Yadav
- Ram Kripal Yadav
- Who has been appointed as new interim manager of Manchester United?
- Wayne Rooney
- Paul Scholes
- Robin van Persie
- Ryan Giggs
- Which University scientists discovered an ‘upside-down planet’?
- University of Washington
- University of Maryland
- Seattle University
- University of California
- Which country successfully test-fired short-range ballistic missile Hatf III (Ghaznavi)?
- New Zealand
- Which among the following country proposed to restrict imports of Indian drugs?
- Sri Lanka
- Name the Sri Lankan head coach who recently resigned from his post?
- Trevor Bayliss
- Paul Farbrace
- Martyn Moxon
- Graham Ford
- Who has been won the world women’s senior snooker title 2014?
- Reanne Evans
- Gaye Jones
- Chitra Magimairaj
- Name the former world indoor and outdoor triple jump champion who recently faced one year ban by USADA?
- Alvan Adams
- Walter Davis
- James Edwards
- Hubert Davis
- Which among the following country lifts ban on YouTube?
- Which Bollywood actress recently engaged with Aditya Chopra in Italy?
- Preity Zinta
- Bipasha Basu
- Rani Mukerji
- Ameesha Patel
Giriraj Singh: The Election Commission has banned BJP candidate Giriraj Singh from campaigning in Bihar and Jharkhand for saying that those who oppose Narendra Modi “will only have place in Pakistan.”
Ryan Giggs: Manchester United sacked non-performing manager David Moyes after just 10 months in charge. Their Welsh international Ryan Giggs was named the interim manager till the end of the season.
University of Washington: University of Washington astronomer has discovered an ‘upside-down planet’ that reveals new method for studying binary star systems. A binary star system is where two stars are so close that their gravitational interaction causes them to orbit about a common centre of mass.
Pakistan: Pakistan on Tuesday successfully test-fired a short-range surface-to surface ballistic missile Hatf III (Ghaznavi), capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads to a range of 290km that could cover parts of India.
Vietnam: Vietnam is the latest country to hit back at Indian pharma companies, proposing to restrict the import of certain drugs. Vietnams move,is seen as the latest setback, after the US authorities cracked down against Indian giants such as Ranbaxy.
Paul Farbrace: Sri Lanka head coach Paul Farbrace has resigned and is set to take up the position of assistant coach of England, Sri Lanka Cricket said on Tuesday.
Chitra Magimairaj: India’s Chitra Magimairaj on Tuesday won the World Snooker senior title (40+ years) at Leeds, UK. Chitra blanked Alena Asmolova of Belarus 3-0 in the best-of-five final.
Walter Davis: Former world indoor and outdoor triple jump champion Walter Davis was issued a one-year ban on Monday by an arbitrator for repeatedly failing to file his location with anti-doping officials. The ban announced by the US Anti-Doping Association (USADA).
Pakistan: Pakistan’s Senate Standing Committee on human rights approved a resolution on Monday to lift the ban on You Tube and other video sharing websites. This was the third time that the website was banned in the country.
Rani Mukerji: Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji has married film-maker Aditya Chopra in Italy, ending years of speculation about their relationship status. The couple, who were dating for several years, married in a ceremony on Monday night.