Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 24, 2014 major events.
- Who has named as new president and CEO of Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited?
- Dmitry Shukov
- Vsevolod Rozanov
- Micheal Bear
- Chris Martin
- Which Country approached India for arrest of Congress Rajya Sabha member K V P Ramachandra Rao in bribes case?
- Sri Lanka
- United States
- Who has been appointed as India’s first Ambassador to the separate Indian Mission to ASEAN & East Asia Summit?
- Suresh K. Reddy
- Amit Sharma
- Vikar Wadhwa
- Sunil Chhetri
- Which among the following country lifted ban on use of personal electronic devices in flights?
- Who has been appointed as new captain of Sri Lankan T20 team?
- Lasith Malinga
- Angelo Mathews
- Lahiru Thirimanna
- Rangana Herath
- Which university scientists developed a device that control smartphones with tongue?
- Kobe University
- Setsunan University
- Nagoya University
- Osaka Prefecture University
- At least 23 people killed and many wounded in clash in-
- Saudi Arbia
- Which Indian Player recently won the bronze medal at Senior Asian Wrestling Championship?
- Seema Kumari
- Gunjan Sharma
- Pooja Dhanda
- Nidhi Jain
- Who has been appointed as new Vice-Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)?
- Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Durvesh Sinha
- Jaidev Singh
- Rahul Jaykar
- One-year transfer ban suspended by FIFA on-
- Southall Football Club
- Barcelona Football Club
- Real Madrid Football Club
- Bayern Munich Football Club
Dmitry Shukov: Sistema Shyam TeleServices (SSTL), which operates under MTS brand in India, said on Wednesday that Dmitry Shukov will take over as the company’s new Chief Executive Officer from June 1, replacing Vsevolod Rozanov.
United States: US approached India for arrest of Congress Rajya Sabha member K V P Ramachandra Rao, who has been indicted by a US Federal Jury on charges of receiving bribes of $18.5 million from an American firm which was allowed mining of Titanium minerals in Andhra.
Suresh K. Reddy : Suresh K. Reddy appointed as India’s first Ambassador to the separate Indian Mission to ASEAN & East Asia Summit. Reddy, an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1991 batch, is currently serving as Ambassador of India to Iraq.
India: Indian flyers can now use their phones to take pictures or videos and listen to music during a flight after the DGCA lifted the ban on in-flight use of personal electronic devices on Wednesday.
Lasith Malinga: Sri Lanka’s cricket selectors on Wednesday sacked Dinesh Chandimal as Twenty20 captain and replaced him with Lasith Malinga, while Angelo Mathews was retained as the Test and One-day skipper.
Osaka Prefecture University: Researchers at Osaka Prefecture University have developed a device that can be installed in a helmet and senses the wearers tongue pressure through the cheek to control their smartphones.
Iraq: At least 23 people have been killed in clashes between security forces and Sunni Arab protesters in northern Iraq. Violence erupted when security forces raided an anti-government protest camp in Hawija, near Kirkuk.
Pooja Dhanda: India’s woman grappler Pooja Dhanda bagged the bronze medal in the 58kg freestyle at the Senior Asian Wrestling Championship in Astana, Kazakhstan on Wednesday. Pooja defeated Lilya Shakirova of Uzbekistan by 11-0 to earn a third-place finish.
Sunil Bharti Mittal: Bharti Enterprises Chairman and Group CEO Sunil Bharti Mittal has been appointed as Vice-Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), becoming the third person from India to be appointed to this position in the history of ICC.
Barcelona Football Club: FIFA has temporarily suspended the transfer ban handed to Barcelona meaning the club will be able to buy players this summer, pending an appeal. Earlier in April, Barcelona was banned by FIFA from signing any players for two consecutive transfer windows.