Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 24, 2014 major events.
- Who has been named Outstanding Asian Men’s Player of the Year 2013?
- Ravi Dixit
- Harinderpal Singh Sandhu
- Parth Sharma
- Saurav Ghosal
- Name the Uttar Pradesh chief secretary who likely to quizzed in coal scam?
- Pulok Chatterji
- Javed Usmani
- S. K. Srivastava
- Ram Sewak Sharma
- Which among the following party urged lieutenant governor Najeeb Jung to ban sale of junk food in Schools?
- Aam Aadmi Party
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- Samajwadi Party
- At least 8 people were killed and 10 people injured in Maoist attack in-
- Himachal Pradesh
- Name the Lok Janshakti Party’s Bihar general secretary who recently held for extortion?
- Rama Kishore Singh
- Lalan Singh
- Satyananda Sharma
- Ram Vilas Paswan
- Which among the following nation won the Outstanding Men’s Team of the Year 2013 award?
- Which Indian state record highest polling in the 6th phase of Lok Sabha Election?
- West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Name the Google Plus chief who recently quits Google?
- Vivek ‘Vic’ Gundotra
- Ranjeet Sinha
- Carlos Slim
- Warren Buffett
- Which among the following Player breaks the national record in 200m women’s freestyle?
- Nisha Millets
- Shivani Kataria
- Jyoti Kumari
- Anita Johsi
- Which among the following country proposed rule to ban sale of e-cigarettes to minors?
- New Zealand
- United States
Saurav Ghosal: The Asian Squash Federation on Thursday named India’s champion squash player Saurav Ghosal as the winner of the Dato Alex Lee Award for being the ‘Outstanding Asian Men’s Player of the Year 2013′.
Jawed Usmani: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has decided to question Jawed Usmani, the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh and a former joint secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office, regarding the controversial coal block allocation to Hindalco.
Bharatiya Janata Party: Delhi BJP president Harsh Vardhan on Thursday urged lieutenant governor Najeeb Jung to ban sale of junk food from all government and private schools in the capital for the good health of children.
Jharkhand: Eight people, including five police personnel, two election officials and a bus cleaner, were killed and 10 people injured when Maoist rebels ambushed a polling party in Jharkhands Dumka district soon after voting ended in the constituency on Thursday.
Lalan Singh: The economic offences unit of Bihar police on Thursday arrested Lok Janshakti Party state general secretary Lalan Singh on charges of extortion and criminal intimidation.
India: The Indian men’s team comprising Ghosal, Harinderpal Sandhu, Ramit Tandon, Mahesh Mangaonkar along with coaches Cyrus Poncha and Gautam Das, were also chosen for the ‘Outstanding Men’s Team of the Year 2013′ award.
West Bengal: The sixth phase of polling for the Lok Sabha elections ended in 117 seats in 11 states and a Union Territory on Thursday. The highest polling however was recorded on the six seats in West Bengal at 82 and the lowest was in one seat in Jammu and Kashmir – 28 per cent.
Vivek ‘Vic’ Gundotra: Vic Gundotra, the high-profile Indian executive who headed the Google+ team at Google, is leaving the company with immediate effect. The announcement was made by Gundotra on his Google+ page.
Shivani Kataria: India’s Shivani Kataria on Thursday bettered the national record in 200m women’s freestyle at the Dubai International Aquatic meet currently underway in Dubai. Shivani clocked 2:06.62 sec to break Nisha Millets 14-year-old record of 2:06.81 set in 2000.
United States: The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed rules on Thursday that would ban the sale of e-cigarettes to anyone under 18.