Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 26, 2014 major events.
- Which Power Distribution company conferred the prestigious D.L. Shah Quality Awards 2014?
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- BSES Yamuna Power Limited
- Reliance Power Limited
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures Limited
- Who has been appointed as new national coach of Ethiopia?
- Mariano Barreto
- Zoran Filipovic
- Diego Garzitto
- Ratomir Dujkovic
- Which Bollywood actor recently held for allegedly raping a model?
- Mukesh Rishi
- Ayub Khan
- Rajat Bedi
- Inder Kumar
- Which Company conferred with the prestigious Gem of India Award by the All India Achievers Conference?
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- NPTC Group
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- Nissan Motor Company
- Name Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s brother who recently joined Bharatiya Janta Party?
- Daljeet Singh Kohli
- Manpreet Singh
- Bhudev Singh
- Roshan Singh Sodhi
- Who has been likely to become next Chief Executive officer of Nokia?
- Jesper Ovesen
- Simon Beresford-Wylie
- Rajeev Suri
- Hans Vestberg
- Which Indian Bank’s net profit up 15% at Rs 2,652 crore for the quarter ended March 2014?
- Bank of Baroda
- ICICI Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- Which Indian player recently entered the semi finals of Asian Badminton Championship 2014?
- Saina Nehwal
- Ashwini Ponnappa
- Jwala Gutta
- PV Sindhu
- Name the former Barcelona coach who recently died at the age of 45?
- Gerardo Martino
- Sandro Rosell
- Jordi Roura
- Tito Vilanova
- Who has been assumed charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of NMDC Limited?
- Narendra Kothari
- Pawan Bansla
- Anurag Basu
- Deepak Chahal
BSES Yamuna Power Limited: BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) have been conferred the prestigious D. L. Shah Quality Awards 2014. BRPL was conferred the award for Quality Excellence in reduction of HT switchgear failure, BYPL won a commendation in Quality Excellence for MIDAS.
Mariano Barreto: The Ethiopia Football Federation (EFF) has chosen Portuguese national Mariano Barreto as the new coach of the national team. He replaces Sewnet Bishaw who was relieved of his duties in February this year.
Inder Kumar: Bollywood actor Inder Kumar was arrested on Friday for allegedly raping a 23-year-old model at his house twice, besides assaulting and torturing her after befriending her on the pretext of getting her film roles.
J.G. Chaturvedi: J.G. Chaturvedi, Executive Director, ONGC, Ahmedabad, has been conferred with the prestigious Gem of India Award by the All India Achievers Conference (AIAC), Delhi, for his leadership and exemplary contribution in the field of oil and gas.
Daljeet Singh: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s half-brother, Daljeet Singh Kohli, on Friday joined the BJP in the presence of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. Kohli, a businessman based here, joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) when Modi came here to address a rally.
Rajeev Suri: Nokia will on Tuesday name India-born Rajeev Surias its next CEO as it now fo cusses on its networks equipment business. Suri, 46, has been widely considered the leading candidate to succeed Stephen Elop as Nokia CEO after he metamorphosed the network division.
ICICI Bank: ICICI Bank, India’s largest private lender, reported a net profit of Rs 2,652 crore for the quarter ended March 2014 an increase of 15% over the net profit of Rs 2,304 crore earned during the corresponding period last year.
PV Sindhu: Teen sensation PV Sindhu assured herself of a bronze medal after reaching the semifinals of the prestigious Asian Badminton Championship here on Friday. The 18-year-old Indian beat Thai Ongbumrungpan Busanan 14-21, 21-13, 21-10 in 58 minutes.
Tito Vilanova: Former Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova died on Friday aged 45 after a long battle with throat cancer. Vilanova succeeded Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and won the Spanish league title in 2012, his only season in charge.
Narendra Kothari: Narendra Kothari has assumed charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of NMDC Limited. Earlier he was CEO of IISCO Steel Plant, Burnpur, Steel Authority of India Limited.