Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 28, 2014 major events.
- Who has been recently honoured with Kirti Chakra by President Pranab Mukherjee?
- Anup Joseph Manjali
- Ravi Saxena
- Mahesh Rathi
- Jai Prakash Yadav
- Who has been recently joined Mumbai Indians as advisor?
- Brian Lara
- Shane Warne
- Ricky Ponting
- Andrew Symonds
- Who has been recently takes oath as 41st Chief Justice of India?
- Rajendra Mal Lodha
- Madan Lokur
- Goolam Essaji Vahanvati
- H. L. Gokhale
- Name the former Deputy Speaker and congress leader who recently joined Bharatiya Janata Party?
- Darbari Lal
- Jayaprakash Narayan
- Prabhavati Devi
- Shashi Kant
- Which among the following golf player won the Indonesian Masters 2014?
- Thongchai Jaidee
- Siddikur Rahman
- Anirban Lahiri
- Shiv Chowrasia
- Name the World’s oldest man who recently dies in Italy at the age of 111?
- Carl Berner
- Jeralean Talley
- Ralph Tarrant
- Arturo Licata
- Which tennis player won the Bucharest Open title 2014?
- Novak Djokovic
- Kei Nishikori
- Grigor Dimitrov
- Juan Martín del Potro
- Who has been appointed as the new Union Home Secretary?
- Anil Goswami
- Punit Aggarwal
- Naresh Sinha
- Dheeraj Gupta
- Who has been awarded lifetime achievement award by International Association of Women in Radio and Television?
- Rakesh Sinha
- Manish Tomar
- Jai Chandiram
- Pankaj Malhotra
- Who has been won the women’s Porsche Grand Prix title 2014?
- Maria Sharapova
- Ana Ivanovic
- Caroline Wozniacki
- Venus Williams
Anup Joseph Manjali: Major Anup Joseph Manjali was on Saturday awarded the second-highest peacetime gallantry award Kirti Chakra by President Pranab Mukherjee here for killing three foreign militants in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ricky Ponting: Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting has joined Indian Premier League (IPL) outfit Mumbai Indians in an advisory role.
Rajendra Mal Lodha: Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha was on Sunday sworn in as the 41st Chief Justice of India. He was administered the oath of office by President Pranab Mukharjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Darbari Lal: Veteran Congress party leader, former Deputy Speaker and Cabinet minister, Professor Darbari Lal today joined BJP. He said Congress has lost its colour and the country now needs Modi.
Anirban Lahiri: Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri won his fourth Asian Tour title and first outside India with a spectacular eagle putt on the last hole to win the $750,000 Indonesian Masters here Sunday.
Arturo Licata: The world’s oldest man, Arturo Licata, has died in Italy at the age of 111, just days before celebrating his 112th birthday, Guinness World Records said.
Grigor Dimitrov: Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov won his second ATP title of the year on Sunday when he defeated Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic 7-6 (7/5),6-1 in the final of the Bucharest Open.
Anil Goswami: Anil Goswami, Secretary in the Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry, has been appointed Union Home Secretary, official sources said here on Friday. He is the first Jammu and Kashmir cadre IAS officer to be appointed to the top post in North Block.
Jai Chandiram: The International Association of Women in Radio and Television (IAWRT) conferred its lifetime achievement award on Jai Chandiram, former Deputy Director General of Doordarshan.
Maria Sharapova: Maria Sharapova won her third consecutive Porsche Grand Prix title on Sunday by coming from behind to defeat Ana Ivanovic 3-6, 6-4, 6-1. Sharapova won her first tournament of the year and clinched the 30th title of her career.