Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on April 30, 2014 major events.
- Who has been became the new major of South Delhi Corporation?
- Rajan Sushant
- Khushi Ram
- Sajjan Kumar
- Praveen Rana
- Which among the following telecom company’s quarter 4 net profit up 89% at Rs 962 crore?
- Bharti Airtel
- Which among the following country legalises polygamy for men?
- Who has been appointed as next Indian ambassador to Norway?
- Satyapal Singh Yadav
- Rakesh Maria
- Vasant Dhoble
- Norman Anil Kumar Browne
- Which among the following company won the National Intellectual Property Award 2014?
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Reliance Industries
- Tech Mahindra
- HCL Technologies Limited
- Who becomes the world’s first city to have its own web domain suffix?
- New York
- Who has been appointed as interim Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal?
- Vikar Puri
- Ralpal Sharma
- Manpreet Gony
- Arvind Ranjan
- Which among the following restaurant reclaimed the world’s best restaurant title?
- Osteria Francescana
- The Ledbury
- Who has been won the best coach award at the 6th edition of Football Players’ Association of India Awards?
- Sean Rooney
- Robin Singh
- Ashley Westwood
- Curtis Osano
- Who has been appointed as new chief executive officer of Nokia?
- Rajeev Suri
- Jesper Ovesen
- Stephen Elop
- Risto Siilasmaa
Khushi Ram: BJPs Khushi Ram became the South Delhi Corporation mayor by just one vote on Tuesday as two Congress MPs Sandeep Dikshit and Parvez Hashmididnt turn up to vote.
Bharti Airtel: Country’s largest mobile operator Bharti Airtel today reported 89 per cent rise in the fourth- quarter consolidated net profit at Rs 962 crore on higher revenue from data business and rise in mobile services rates.
Kenya: A law allowing men in Kenya to marry as many women as they want has been signed into law by President Uhuru Kenyatta, despite criticism from women’s groups.
Norman Anil Kumar Browne: Former Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Norman Anil Kumar Browne has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Norway. He had served as IAF chief between July 31, 2011 and December 31, 2013.
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has won the ‘National Intellectual Property (IP) Award 2014’ for being the ‘top Indian public limited company in patents’. The award was received by B. Prasada Rao, CMD, BHEL, from Amitabh Kant, Secretary, DIPP, govt. of India.
London: London has become the world’s first city to have its own web domain suffix and the city recorded a mad rush on Tuesday with more than 50,000 business houses expressing interest.
Arvind Ranjan: Government today appointed CISF chief Arvind Ranjan as the caretaker Director General of border guarding force Sashastra Seema Bal. Arvind Rajan, IPS (KL-77), presently DG CISF will hold the additional charge of the post of Director General SSB from May 1.
Noma: Denmark’s Noma restaurant on Monday reclaimed the title of world’s best restaurant, becoming a four-time winner having lost the title last year to Spain’s El Celler de Can Roca.
Ashley Westwood: Churchill Brothers forward Balwant Singh and Bengaluru FC coach Ashley Westwood were adjudged the Best Indian Player and Best Coach respectively in the sixth edition of Football Players` Association of India Awards.
Rajeev Suri: India-born Rajeev Suri has been appointed CEO of the $18-billion Nokia the second Indian to be made head of a major global technology company in less than three months. Satya Nadella was elevated as CEO of Microsoft in February.