Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) MBBS Entrance Test
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) MBBS entrance examination is conducted by AFMC college, which is a leading medical college in India for admission to its undergraduate, post-graduate, dental postgraduate and nursing courses. The college is ranked among the top three colleges of India, which imparts high quality education and trains high quality doctors. It is located in Pune, Maharashtra and is managed by the Indian Armed Forces.
The Armed Forces Medical College performs multiple roles such as training of medical students, dental postgraduates, nursing trainees and paramedical personnel. Patient care is a vital part of its training program. The expertise at AFMC is an advantage for the attached hospitals. The institution provides specialists and super specialists to Armed Forces by imparting them in-service training. Thus, AFMC is mainly responsible for providing high quality professional medical care to the armed force, which ultimately saves a significant financial cost to the Government besides serving the armed forces. The college also conducts research in different medical subjects along with those aspects, which affect the performance and morale of the Armed Forces during war as well as peace.
A student seeking admission to the MBBS course is considered eligible for the entrance examination if he/she fulfills the following criteria:
- He/She should be a citizen of India or be a subject of any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidate should be unmarried. Marrying during the tenure of the course is not permitted.
- He/She should be medically fit as per the standards prescribed by the Ministry of Defense.
- Candidate should at least be 17 years of age on 31st Dec of the year of application, but should not have attained the age of 22 years on that date (Not more than 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final B Sc examinations).
- Students with an aggregate of 60% marks in qualifying examinations as a regular candidate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously. Candidates should have studied Mathematics in their matriculation exam.
The exam is held on 1st Sunday of May and 130 students (105 boys & 25 girls) are admitted every year. Short listed students are called for interviews and a student must pass their stringent medical test held at their own campus. After completing their degree, these students join the prestigious Indian Army.
Recently added general knowledge topics: