Current Affairs of August 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of August 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 August 2011
- Yeddyurappa quits, successor to be selected on August 3.
- Jet Airways told to pay Rs. 1.4 lakh to passenger for death of pugs.
- India-U.S. trade relationship broadly balanced: Meera Shankar.
- Sri Lankan journalist critical after murderous attack.
Current Affairs of 02 August 2011
- Lokayukta exposes mismanagement, leakage in Public Distribution System.
- Capitation fees for medical seats: Rs.1 crore penalty recommended by committee.
- Singur Act premised on “absurd and arbitrary concept” of unwilling owners.
- Jayalalithaa must appear in person, argues Special Public Prosecutor.
Current Affairs of 03 August 2011
- Lok Sabha to discuss price rise under voting rule today.
- Endosulfan unlikely to cause public hazard, Centre tells Supreme Court.
- Azad: 138 children died after immunisation in 2010.
- Pranab, Bengal Finance Minister discuss State’s fiscal situation.
- Hazare denied permission to stage dharna at Jantar Mantar.
Current Affairs of 04 August 2011
- Congress attacks BJP for accusing the Gandhis of land scam in Haryana.
- ‘State actor’ linked to major cyber intrusions in India, world.
- Lokpal Bill silent on demand for public grievance mechanism.
- Health Department gears up to implement Food Safety Act.
- Almeka Medical Centre (AMC) The synonym of cosmetic treatment.
Current Affairs of 05 August 2011
- APSMFC bags eWorld award.
- Justice Lakshmanan to head Indian Court of Sports Arbitration.
- CAG for PWD to appoint independent watchdogs.
Current Affairs of 06 August 2011
- 20,000-crore Jindal project to take off soon in Maoist heartland.
- CPI(M) Polit Bureau discusses Lokpal, Land Acquisition Bills.
- CAG pulls up NCERT for spending extra on storage of obsolete books.
- High Court disposes of contempt petitions against pilots after unconditional apologies.
- CISF constable shoots down woman colleague, kills himself at Delhi metro station.
Current Affairs of 07 August 2011
- Varun offers his official residence in the Capital for Anna Hazare’s fast.
- S&P downgrades debt rating of U.S. for the first time.
- Separate principal accountant general to audit Rural Development expenditure.
- Indian students of Northern Virginia varsity meet embassy officials.
- Robbers steal Rs. 50 lakh worth cash, gold from DGB.
Current Affairs of 08 August 2011
- HSBC alerts U.S. clients having accounts in India.
- 90 level crossings to be manned by next year.
- Civil society should take part in policymaking to fight corruption: Prashanth Bhushan Monsoon fury.
- Preserve Periyar, Dheeran Chinnamalai memorials, Minister tells officials.
Current Affairs of 09 August 2011
- Bench admits PIL petition against Alagiri’s college.
- Rs. 50 lakh earmarked for Hosur forest division development.
- Oil spill minor; tar balls spotted on more beaches in Maharashtra.
- Malhotra defended IOA nominee Kalmadi as Organising Committee chairman.
- 5,000 engineering seats go abegging.
Current Affairs of 10 August 2011
- Left, BJP target Manmohan, Sheila for CWG mess.
- Centre gives green signal for Delhi Metro Phase III project.
- Execute uniform system of school education in 10 days, Tamil Nadu told.
- KSRTC ties up with private company to develop land next to Hassan bus-stand Weather.
- Land grab cases: property worth Rs. 148 cr. restored to owners.
Current Affairs of 11 August 2011
- HDMC steps up drive against encroachments.
- China blames U.S., India for cyber attacks.
- Police action in Delhi, firing on Pune farmers trigger furore in Parliament.
- Forest Department wants Pallikaranai marsh to be declared Ramsar site.
- Jayalalithaa: several members not adhering to Assembly rules.
Current Affairs of 12 August 2011
- After UP, Aarakshan banned in Punjab, Andhra Pradesh.
- India’s desert State now exports organic foods to U.S.
- Jayalalithaa: Sri Lanka resisting probe to ‘cover up’ war crimes.
Current Affairs of 13 August 2011
- Aarakshan neither anti-Dalit nor anti-quota: plea in court.
- Subbarami Reddy conducts special pujas for Sonia’s health.
- Rs.1.35 crore sanctioned for roads at Malayalapatti village panchayat.
- PWD asked to complete work on retaining walls before monsoon.
- BJP to hold brainstorming sessions from August 15.
Current Affairs of 14 August 2011
- Hazare rejects police curbs, to go ahead with fast.
- Determination of Maval Taluka farmers reduced to resignation.
- India-specific diagnostic normal values to be ready by 2013.
- Internet connectivity eludes computer science students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- CIC orders all gazette notifications to be made available online now.
Current Affairs of 15 August 2011
- HIV prevalence drops to 0.75 per cent in Namakkal.
- AIEEE admission concludes with announcement of ‘spot round’ results.
- Adilabad DCCB emplyees to get cash incentives on August 15.
Current Affairs of 16 August 2011
- ITBP jawans donate blood; schools, colleges celebrate Independence Day.
- BHEL, Tiruchi Complex, aims to exceed Rs. 16,000-crore turnover this fiscal.
- Sri Lankan activist Ariyaratne presented Basavashree Award.
- Google to acquire Motorola Mobility business for $12.5 billion.
Current Affairs of 17 August 2011
- Hearing on August 24 on maintainability of plea for recall of order on black money.
- Re-verify documents of Social Security Pension beneficiaries, demands Janata Dal (Secular).
- MUDA’s ‘go-green’ mission inaugurated on I-Day.
- A bi-lingual mix of mystery, horror and adventure from Hollywood.
- China cracks down on terror in Xinjiang.
Current Affairs of 18 August 2011
- Licences for quarries of Alagiri’s associates cancelled: Minister.
- T-Ministers draw flak for attending Cabinet meet.
- XIIth Plan will stick to 4% growth projection for farm, allied sectors.
- HbA1c test highly predictive of future diabetes in Asian Indian subjects: expert.
Current Affairs of 19 August 2011
- CBI officials crack down on Jaganmohan Reddy’s businesses.
- Anna Hazare’s fight stirs interest in China’s netizens.
- Minimum eligibility marks for OBCs can be fixed at between 45 and 50.
- 2,500 ideas for new Secretariat building.
Current Affairs of 20 August 2011
- Human rights violation causing stable famine in parts of country.
- Lawyers, government employees express solidarity with Anna.
- Gold crosses Rs. 28,000-mark on frantic buying.
Current Affairs of 21 August 2011
- Manmohan: scope for give-and-take on Lokpal Bill.
- West Bengal name change leaves many disappointed.
- Majority of residents at Beggars’ Rehabilitation Centre from other States.
- Medical practitioners challenge varsity notification on award of MD degree to diploma holders.
- S.P. Road traders down shutters in support of anti-corruption campaign.
Current Affairs of 22 August 2011
- Karnataka Knowledge Commission’s term will come to an end next month.
- Asia-Pacific parliamentarians pledge to work for sexual, reproductive health rights.
- India using 9/11 as excuse for stirring up trouble in Balochistan.
Current Affairs of 23 August 2011
- PM takes stock of the situation, goes into huddle with senior leaders.
- Ambati scoffs at Botcha’s charge of Jagan buying MLAs.
- Monsoon subdued in North, flood fury unabated in U.P.
- Multi-level automated parking lot to be ready by September next year.
- IIT-Kharagpur students boycott Convocation.
Current Affairs of 24 August 2011
- Government seems willing to concede Anna’s demands.
- SCs panel confirms rape of 7 women by policemen in U.P. village.
- Gujarat Law Minister strikes a different note on Anna Hazare’s methodology.
- Nearly 28,000 Plus-Two students to get free laptops.
Current Affairs of 25 August 2011
- Police face action for not serving court summons, warrants on Janardhan Reddy.
- AIADMK functionary held for land grabbing.
- Children with severe disabilities being enrolled in mainstream schools.
- Tight security for President Pratibha Patil’s Kollam visit on August 30.
- Centre given time till October 18 to file report on deemed varsities.
Current Affairs of 26 August 2011
- Anna’s proposals on Jan Lokpal to be discussed in Parliament.
- Vellore prison receives communication on rejection of mercy pleas of Rajiv killers.
- Preparation of master plan to develop Rameswaram begins.
- 17 persons taken into custody for robberies, chain snatching and burglary in Dindigul.
Current Affairs of 27 August 2011
- Deserted second wife entitled to maintenance from husband: Court.
- Accept MLAs’ resignations, Speaker told.
- India hopes genuine national reconciliation will follow in Sri Lanka.
- Rs.11,000 fine, seven-year jail for looting mobile phone worth Rs.1,000.
- Coimbatore wet grinder units to manufacture for Govt. scheme.
Current Affairs of 28 August 2011
- 385 sub-veterinary centres to be upgraded in the State.
- Triumph for Anna Hazare as Parliament accepts his demands.
- MPDO staffer has assets worth Rs. 1.15 crore.
- Judiciary should help society to move into a modern age: Markandey Katju.
Current Affairs of 29 August 2011
- EAMCET web counselling: five youths arrested for ‘altering’ student options.
- Ready to march forward under your leadership, Gadkari tells Hazare.
- Woman immolates herself to protest death penalty for Rajiv case convicts.
- Rajarathinam Pillai’s self-respect deserves appreciation: Karunanidhi.
- Vinayaka Chathurthi celebrations: more than 1,500 personnel for security.
Current Affairs of 30 August 2011
- Yeddyurappa appears in Lokayukta court, seeks bail.
- Maharashtra, Karnataka take steps to avert floods after dams overflow.
- 2G case: court reserves order on framing of charges till September 15
- IOB disburses Rs.1.08 crore education loans on the spot.
Current Affairs of 31 August 2011
- High Court dismisses Kalmadi plea to attend Parliament session.
- Reader connect’ programme to facilitate interface with Regional Passport Officer.
- Students boycott classes seeking repeal of death sentences awarded to Murugan, Santhan and Perarivalan.
- Builders ignoring malaria control measures must pay Rs. 10,000.
- Preparation of perspective plan to start in September, says CEO of Gulbarga ZP.