Current Affairs of August 2012 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of August 2012. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 August 2012:
- Food Poisoning effect 2 children dead and 400 ill in Bengal.
- First Common Genetic Clue found of Lung Cancer.
- Oil rises above $97 after US crude supply drop.
- Kohli and Raina help India to series win against Sri Lanka.
- RBI keeps key rates unchanged, cuts SLR by 1 percent.
Current Affairs of 02 August 2012:
- India lifts ban on investment from Pakistan.
- 4 Bombs Blast in Pune on Wedesday in One Hour.
- SBI cuts home, auto loan rates.
- Saina and Kashyap moves in Quarter final.
Current Affairs of 03 August 2012:
- Coffee can help reduce Parkinson’s symptoms.
- Saina just win away from Olympic medal.
- Education system faces massive faculty crunch.
Current Affairs of 04 August 2012:
- Syria reaches oil deal with ally Russia.
- Shinde is new Leader of House in Lok Sabha.
- Renault Pulse price to be hiked by 2 % from March 8th.
- Vijay Kumar’s silver bullet gives India second medal at London Olympics.
- City Union Bank to raise Rs.250 crore through rights issue.
Current Affairs of 05 August 2012:
- Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel quits BJP.
- India beat Sri Lanka in final one-dayer, India moves to 2 place in ICC ODI Ranking.
- Lawyers to strike today against court fee hike.
- Saina gets India’s maiden badminton bronze.
Current Affairs of 06 August 2012:
- Seven killed as gunman opens fire at Wisconsin gurdwara.
- Usain Bolt’s 9.58 at world championships shatters 100-meter record clocking.
- 34 die in Ukhand flash floods.
- Dr. Mehta wins the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award.
Current Affairs of 07 August 2012:
- R.P Sasmal appoint as new director of Powergrid.
- Prof.Gopinath Pradhan taken the charge of new IGNOU Vice Chacellor.
- Voting to elect 14th vice president begins.
- MMTC gets Rajbhasha award.
- Mary Kom in semis, Vijender suffers heartbreaking loss.
Current Affairs of 08 August 2012:
- Raghuram G Rajana appoint as new chief economic advisor.
- Syed Nasim Ahmad Zaidi appointed an Election Commissioner.
- Ansari gets a second term as Vice President.
- MC Marry Kom is set to fight British Nicholas Adams in Semi final.
- Experts warn growth may be below 6% in 2012-13.
Current Affairs of 09 August 2012:
- Calcium And Vitamin D Supplements Make Prostate Cancer Worse,Suggests Study.
- Pakistan Suprem Court puts Prime Minister on notice.
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev to launch protest against corruption and Lokpal bill.
- MC mary Kom lost match but wins the bronze medal.
- Teaser home loans can be freely pre-paid during floating rate phase.
Current Affairs of 10 August 2012:
- Kasab brought face to face with 26/11 handler.
- Arun Kumar Pandey Appoint as Director (Finance) of NCL.
- Jaypee’s expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes.
- Panipat Refinery won the Oil Industry Safety Directorate’s Best Safety Performer Award.
- Oil India Limited Wins The Safety Directorate Awards.
- Bolt creates history winning 100m, 200m.
Current Affairs of 11 August 2012:
- World T20 15 Man Squad Announced on Friday, Yuvi & Harbhajan is Back.
- Honda Buys Out JV partner Usha.
- FDI inflows dive over 50% in Q1.
- Raghuram Rajan appoints as new Chief of Eco Advisor.
Current Affairs of 12 August 2012:
- Iran quakes kill 87,over 400 injured.
- Team Anna says it’s united, may fight Delhi polls.
- India Gets 5th Medal, 1st In Wrestling.
- Kingfisher Airlines losses 651 crore in Q1.
Current Affairs of 13 August 2012:
- New technology to detect TB bacteria develop.
- Abdel Fatahel Seisy appoint as defense minister and chief of the supreme council.
- Autorickshaw driver’s son wins ‘DID Li’l Masters 2′.
- Sushil wins silver, helps India double record Oly tally to 6.
- Number of applicants for IGNOU falls after it withdrew courses.
- High interest rate costs India Inc in Quarter 1.
Current Affairs of 14 August 2012:
- Yoga Guru Ramdev’s Movement will end today.
- Google to cut 4000 Motorola Mobility jobs, Shares rise.
- London to New York in an hour Key test today.
- Shatrughan Sinha discharged from hospital.
Current Affairs of 15 August 2012:
- Over 40 people killed in Afghanistan in a bomb blast.
- Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh passed away on Tuesday afternoon.
- Rajyavardhan Rathore has appointed president of arjuna award selection committee.
- Model names with Pak umpire Asad Rauf in Sex Scandal.
- Exports dive 15% in July, sharpest slide in 3 years.
Current Affairs of 16 August 2012:
- Blood Type Might Be A Clue To Heart Disease Risk.
- China keeps up pressure on Japan over island activists.
- Ace lensman Ashok Mehta passes away.
- The scientists developed a technique which reduces the effect of chemotherapy.
Current Affairs of 17 August 2012:
- South Africa’s Lonmin Marikana mine clashes killed 30.
- Maruti sacks 500 workers, Manesar plant to restart on Aug 21.
- Global Small and Medium Business Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Services wins Udyog Ratna award on NSIC.
- CRPF wins two Shaurya Chakras and 52 gallantry medals.
- TPDDL wins Safety Innovation Award 2012.
- ICC extends deadline for teams to submit squads for ICC World T20 Cup.
Current Affairs of 18 August 2012:
- Tobacco likely to kill 8 million people by 2030.
- S Africa cops kill 36 striking miners.
- Scientists find new family of spiders, with fearsome claws, in Oregon cave.
- 51,000 phone connections disconnected for pesky calls.
Current Affairs of 19 August 2012:
- China warns Japan against island visit.
- Duo Punished For Olympic Rebellion; AITA Picks Rookie Squad, Bhupathi & Bopanna Out.
- Dutt, Vijay nominated For Khel Ratna; Yuvraj also nominated for Arjuna award.
- Class 12 boards to have questions on values in 2013.
- Bulk SMS ban hits prepaid services.
Current Affairs of 20 August 2012:
- Rajiv Gandhi 68th birth anniversary today.
- Eight Pakistan sites identified for rumour spread.
- Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon has died down from the bridge.
- Bhupathi-Bopanna in Cincinnati final.
Current Affairs of 21 August 2012:
- Singer of Hippie anthem `San Francisco’ dies.
- Another big-ticket deal for US: 22 Apaches for $1.4bn.
- India beat Pakistan in a thriller to enter U-19 World Cup semis.
- South Africa beat England to top test rankings.
- Rupee gains 24 paise against dollar to 55.49.
Current Affairs of 22 August 2012:
- Militants hit US military chief’s plane in Afghanistan.
- Air tickets fuel surcharge increased.
- Retail inflation eases to 9.86% in July.
- After Curiosity, In Sight: Nasa’s 16 Mars mission.
- Axis Bank raises $250m in international Markets.
Current Affairs of 23 August 2012:
- California declares state of emergency amid fires.
- Heaviest rainfall in 31 years floods Jaipur.
- Nehru Cup: Chhetri & Pereira Star In Win Over Syria.
- ‘Invisible Bike Helmet’ Keeps Hair Intact and Your Head Safe.
- Domestic airlines increase fuel surcharge by Rs. 150.
Current Affairs of 24 August 2012:
- Syria forces step up attacks,100 die.
- SC judgment on Swamys 2G plea against P Chidambaram today.
- Government eases SMS ban, raises limit to 20 a day.
- Premjit Singh Rawal Wins President’s Police Medal Award.
- Youngster Pujara ton guides India to 307 for 5 on Day 1.
- Petrol may cost more by 3/litre.
Current Affairs of 25 August 2012:
- Gujarat Common Entrance Test bypass looms for medical candidates in state.
- National Institute of Design, Italy students brainstorm on inclusive city public spaces.
- Rashtriya Safai Aayog pulls up Kanpur Municipal Corporation for insanitation.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development issues notification on IIT-JEE 2013.
Current Affairs of 26 August 2012:
- Haqqani No.2 killed in US strike.
- Brazil’s 1970 Hero Felix Dies.
- Neil Armstrong passed away on Sunday.
- Under 19 Cricket World Cup: Unmukt Chand & Company Face Defending Champion Australia in Final Today.
- Smart victory: Apple beats Samsung in Patent war.
Current Affairs of 27 August 2012:
- BJP boycott may wash out entire monsoon session.
- Union minister Virbhadra Singh appointed as Himachal Pradesh Congress chief.
- AK Hangal’s death leaves ‘sannata’ in Bollywood.
- Indian team lifting the Under-19 World Cup on Sunday.
- India Wins The First Test Against Kiwis By an innings and 115 runs.
Current Affairs of 28 August 2012:
- Facebook delete embarrassing photos forever.
- 3 Week Supreme Court relief for Pakistan Prime Minister.
- N. K Gupta Appionted as new Director (Finance) Retail.
- POWERGRID Wins Rajeev Gandhi Excellence Award.
- Central Bank of India wins Golden Peacock Award.
- RBI transferred a Surplus of Rs 16010 crore to the Union Government.
Current Affairs of 29 August 2012:
- Amla ton help beat England in the Second ODI.
- A spary that can repair body parts.
- Education minister joins duta protest.
- Judgement day for Kasab in Supreme Court today.
- 1st Colgate Firm to name fraud firm.
Current Affairs of 30 August 2012:
- Yuvraj Singh received the Arjuna Award.
- Raghuram Rajana appointed as new chief economic adviser.
- Australia beat Pakistan by four wickets in the first ODI.
- Andrew Strauss quits professional cricket.
Current Affairs of 31 August 2012:
- Tele-medicine centresin Vid gathering dust.
- Up to 25% pay cut for Air India employees.
- 50-50 Lakh Award for Sushil Kumar, Unmukt Chand.
- Restructured loans to top Rs. 3.25 crore.