Career in Public Relations: Public Relation or PR is the sector that must be strong no matter which industry you belong to. This can be a bright career option for those who have excellent communication skill with pleasant personality. If you have enough patience to listen to people and have the capability to convey your massage among the mass in a positive manner then this field is definitely for you. All you need to have is the brash up of a professional training course.
The skill to handle people and mould their thoughts towards your massage by logical conversation is the key skill of this field. Young people with good communication skill and talent to manage people in different situation can join this profession. Some major facts about this profession are:
• Good power of speaking, capability of listening carefully and patiently along with capability of understanding listener’s psychology is the main talent of a good PR manager. A general awareness in every subject is counted as the bonus for this purpose.
• There are several colleges that offer courses in public relation and help you with jobs at the end of the course.
• After completing school, you may apply for a bachelor’s degree in mass communication and then apply for a master’s degree in public relations. After completing your graduation on any subject you can go for post graduation course in PR. There are diploma courses as well for this subject, which are offered by various reputed institutes.
• An efficient PR course can anywhere cost between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 40,000 per year depending on the college or institutes you choose.
• As an effect of globalization companies need to flourish their business to a wider extent and for that they need trained professionals who can handle people on their behalf and make their business easy. So the job prospect is really very high in this profession. Advertising agencies and Marketing companies are constantly searching for PR professionals. Other than that, several celebrities also need PR professionals to handle their business.
• The pay package for a beginner in PR field can vary from Rs 15,000 and above depending on the skill, education and experience. However it may vary with the change in the platform of job too.
Hence the PR profession is very popular and always in search for experts professionals. If you are capable enough to serve this industry then the industry will not make you sad.