Information and Eligibility Requirements for the Combined Medical Services Examination in India:
The combined medical services examination is also conducted by the Union Public Service Commission of India for the purpose of filling up posts to the different medical posts needed for the government of India. The exam is usually being announced during the month of September and the exam takes place during the month of January. Candidates who are successful to pass the test will be notified and will have a scheduled interview with the officers of the UPSC.
The scheme of the exam will be the following. Please refer to the list below:
- 60 % – will come from questions related to general medicine from the fields of cardiology, neurology, dermatology and psychiatry.
- 40 % – will come from questions related to surgery including information about ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology, and of course Orthopedics.
- 20 % – will come from questions related to Pediatrics.
- 40 % – will come from questions related to gynecology and obstetrics.
- 40 % – will come from questions related to the topic about how to deal with social and community needed medicine and preventive care.
The total points of the exam will be 400 all in all. But you will also have to undergo a personality test which will give you a total of 200 points – additional.
To apply for the combined medical services examination, you can do it online by visiting this website: http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Or you can just mail your application form which you can obtain from any head post office. Just make sure to comply with the deadlines given.
Before sending in your application, you must make sure to accomplish all necessary information and you must be fully eligible. To know if you are eligible, please refer to the list below:
- You must be a citizen or a subject of India, Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who settled in India on January 1, 1962.
- You must be an Indian origin.
- Age limit is older than 32 years.
- The person applying must have a passing mark in the practical parts of the MBBS Examination.
- The person should also be physically fit and medically fit to take the combined medical services examination.
Successful people, who passed the combined medical services examination, will be designated to the different government agencies responsible in the railways, ordinance factories specializing in health services and central health service facilities across the country.