Current Affairs of December 2009 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of December 2009. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking & all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 December 2009
- Pakistan Supreme Court to reconsider amnesty granted to Zaradari as NRO lapses.
- Leading NRI gets leadership award for promoting Indian culture.
- Engagement with Pak, key element of new Afghan policy: US.
- India triples budget for improving infrastructure in Indo-Pak border.
- Central team may visit a few districts of West Bengal: Chidambaram.
Current Affairs of 02 December 2009
- Wipro to hire 5,000 people, revamp recruitment strategy.
- India, Russia to ink key pacts during Singh’s Moscow visit.
- White House gatecrashers went without confirmed invitation.
- Bangladesh ex-ministers aided HuJI militants against India.
- Court’s ‘no’ to U.P. government for maintenance work at Ambedkar Sthal.
Current Affairs of 03 December 2009
- UN warns against premature withdrawal of stimulus packages.
- Daimler to launch Mitsubishi Fuso trucks in India by 2010.
- Survery: 17 million people without bank accounts in the U.S.
- Jairam Ramesh: 20-25 pc carbon emission intensity cut by 2020.
- Babri Masjid Action Committee to become active to press for justice.
Current Affairs of 04 December 2009
- New twist to controversy over commercial release of Bt brinjal.
- High food inflation may prompt RBI to reduce liquidity: PMEAC
- Supreme Court stays CIC’s order on appointment of Judges.
- US: Al-Qaeda helping LeT to provoke conflict between India and Pak.
- Haryana nuclear plant to use “ultra-modern” tech: NPC chief.
Current Affairs of 05 December 2009
- Saina out; Jwala & Diju in final of World Super Series Masters.
- Jet flights delayed due to contractual labourers’ strike in Kolkata.
- Bicycle-friendly BRT corridor gets Delhi the Urban Transport award.
- Karnataka police questioning two LeT men nabbed in Bangladesh.
- Supreme Court stays CIC order to reveal Union Minister’s name.
Current Affairs of 06 December 2009
- India’s fast breeder nuclear-reactor achieves second milestone.
- SP dismayed, disappointed at India’s stand on climate change.
- EGoM for roads to hold first meet tomorrow; discuss finances.
- Anniversary of Babri demolition marked amid tight security.
- Evidence of a warming Earth is solid: U.N. climate chief.
Current Affairs of 07 December 2009
- U.S. team briefs Indian sleuths on Headley-Rana role in Mumbai attacks.
- Justice Mukhopadhaya appointed Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court.
- India-Pak series in neutral venues can solve PCB crunch: Butt.
- Increased drinking culture ‘responsible for cancer jump’ in UK.
- Climate deal must be legally binding in six months, says Brown.
Current Affairs of 08 December 2009
- Cut time for making project reports for infrastructure projects: Pranab Mukherjee.
- Pakistan Major key link between Headley, terrorist leaders in Pakistan.
- Bangladesh disappointed by draft treaty framed by India, China.
- Police pulled up for seeking removal of rickshaws pullers on snobbish grounds.
Current Affairs of 09 December 2009
- Mahindra & Mahindra arm to open new assembly plant in United States.
- South Africa to bar hooligans from 2010 Football World Cup.
- Telangana issue forces abrupt adjournment of Assembly again.
- Prometric will get Rs. 870 per candidate from CAT panel.
- India likely to access vast resources in eastern Siberia and far eastern Russia.
Current Affairs of 10 December 2009
- China criticises developed nations for inaction on global warming
- Winning super series best preparation for 2010 Commonwealth Games: Jwala Gutta.
- CBI begins probe into Karnataka minister’s mining activities.
- Violence never brings permanent peace: Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech.
Current Affairs of 11 December 2009
- India beat Bangladesh 1-0 in semis, enter SAFF Championships final.
- Police to set up special task force for crowd management at Sabarimala.
- Tourists leave Darjeeling as Gorkhaland movement gains momentum.
- BIMSTEC adopts convention to combat terrorism, insurgency.
- Canara Bank targets Rs. 4 lakh crore business this fiscal Year.
Current Affairs of 12 December 2009
- India-Sri Lanka ODI in Vizag is on: Andhra Cricket Association.
- Detained U.S. nationals wanted to join anti-India militant groups.
- Elected representatives in ‘individual capacity’ not covered under RTI Act.
- IIT alumnus Buddhi sentenced to 4 years, 9 months in prison.
- Team India manager admitted to hospital with flu-like symptoms.
Current Affairs of 13 December 2009
- Indian Governement may tighten visa norms for Pak origin citizens visiting India.
- Commonwealth Games preparation to be checked from Monday.
- Karunanidhi rejects suggestion of bifurcating Tamil Nadu.
- India win will narrow gap with Australia in ODI rankings.
Current Affairs of 14 December 2009
- BSNL loses market share by nearly half in three years.
- Jairam seeks review of river-linking project in Madhya Pradesh.
- China to enhance cultural exchanges with Central Asian countries.
- Abu Dhabi provides $10 billion to Dubai World.
Current Affairs of 15 December 2009
- Government defers decision on de-notification of Essar’s Hazira SEZ.
- Supreme Court grants 2 weeks to Centre, J&K govt on pre-paid mobile ban.
- Shree Cement to invest Rs. 2000 cr on capacity expansion.
- Lt. Governor ‘advised’ to decide soon on CBI plea on Tytler, Sajjan.
- India seeks legally binding commitments for developed nations.
Current Affairs of 16 December 2009
- Major cities, iconic installations on terrorist crosshairs: Govt.
- IATA welcomes Indian govt’s move to infuse funds in Air India.
- Obama Administration sends its first report on Pak to Congress.
- Delhi High Court dismisses petition seeking disqualification of Sonia.
- Kerala government ready for talks with Dubai promoters.
Current Affairs of 17 December 2009
- India offers 81-million-dollar incentives to wind power companies.
- 52 percent of Delhi lives in slums without basic services.
- EC asks DGP to probe police raids at DMK, AIADMK leaders’ homes.
- Obama reaches out to Brazil, Grenada for success at Copenhagen.
- Elders pass sugarcane pricing Bill after government’s assurance.
Current Affairs of 18 December 2009
- Powerful lawmaker asks Obama to engage India, Pak on Kashmir.
- Supreme Court refuses to grant bail to rape accused John Fernandes
- Prime Minister’s remarks at the Informal Plenary at the 15th COP, Copenhagen.
Current Affairs of 19 December 2009
- Bhaskaran, new Director of Wage Board for Working Journalists.
- Maoists blow up government buildings in Orissa’s Relhatur village.
- Ex-prime minister Ohira’s aide to admit secret pacts in memoir.
Current Affairs of 20 December 2009
- Seven more US banks go belly up;’09 failures tally touches 140.
- Ramesh to make statement on Copenhagen in Rajya Sabha tomorrow.
- CAPART Report: 833 NGOs blacklisted for misappropriation of funds.
- At least 24 injured, 37 arrested during Maoist general strike in Nepal.
- An act with teeth, but of no use in protecting the weak online and off line.
Current Affairs of 21 December 2009
- India needs to import two more million tonnes of sugar: ISMA.
- Hyderabad loses coveted Partnership Summit, 2010 due to political unrest.
- India should press for deep cuts by developed countries: CPI (M).
- Second anti-corruption court orders Malik to appear on 02 January.
Current Affairs of 22 December 2009
- Concept of controlling the mind according to the Bhagavad Gita.
- Delhi HC sentences man to seven years imprisonment for dowry death.
- Monthly pension cover extended to destitute women.
- Iraqi boy saved by a rare brain surgery at Apollo Hospital.
- Corporation to approach State Highways seeking transfer of important roads.
Current Affairs of 23 December 2009
- Banks get 6 more months to treat equity MF loans as market exposure.
- Repatriation of 100 fishermen after formalities, says Indian High Commission.
- Governments rejects Rs. 1,000 crore compensation plea from BSNL for MNP.
- India, China agree to cooperate on climate change.
- The Aligarh Muslim University will award D.Litt. (Honoris-causa) degrees to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi, Painter M.F. Hussain and former CJI A.M. Ahmedi for their outstanding contribution in their respective fields.
Current Affairs of 24 December 2009
- H-1B work visa applications reach cap first time in December.
- Abrogation or continuance of Article 370 should be left to people of J&K’.
- Economy to expand by 7.75% despite bad agriculture.
- Komatireddy Venkat Reddy resigns as MLA, Minister.
Current Affairs of 25 December 2009
- Announcement of GST rollout date likely on 08 January.
- Apple stock reaches all time high, Google within striking distance.
- Edible oil packaging in GP sheets harmful, say tinplate manufacturers.
- SC/ST confederation questions impeachment move against Dinakaran.
- Sharad Yadav to build consensus against move to ‘privatise’ AIIMS.
Current Affairs of 26 December 2009
- Hamas condemns Israeli escalation, vows to reactivate armed resistance.
- Octopus, cat and shotgun ‘are among items left on trains’ by Britains.
- Telangana Joint Action Committee gives ultimatum to Centre.
- Somnath, Sreedharan bag SIES National Eminence Award.
- Arvind Limbavali, Oscar Fernandes suggest Karnataka should have IIT.
Current Affairs of 27 December 2009
- Tiwari’s resignation accepted, Narasimhan to look after A.P.
- CAG faults implementation of maternity benefit scheme.
- U.S. airports step up security after failed plane attack.
- Father of Nigerian terror suspect warned U.S.
- Demand for constitution of national fund for woman welfare.
Current Affairs of 28 December 2009
- Russia launches 2,757 km oil pipeline to Asia-Pacific.
- US companies plan pay hike next year as economy recovers.
- MHA mulls treating all complaints received by police as FIRs.
- Tourism Ministry for code of conduct to protect women and children.
- CPI(M) local committee member stabbed to death in West Bengal.
Current Affairs of 29 December 2009
- Standard & Poor’s withdraws rating on Indian Oil on request.
- Sonia, Mayawati, Nooyi hit FT list of 50.
- Al-Qaeda reportedly claims responsibility for failed attack on U.S. plane.
- Telangana agitation intensifies, thousands protest on streets.
Current Affairs of 30 December 2009
- Tribal woman rape case: Rajasthan govt. issues order to arrest Tandon.
- BARC Scientist had escaped fire just a week before his death.
- Health Ministry zeroes in on Sanofi Pasteur for H1N1 vaccine trials.
- UN expert recommends ‘threat of sanctions’ against Israel.
Current Affairs of 31 December 2009
- Australia to send 600-strong delegation for 2010 Commonwealth Games.
- Yemeni forces raid al-Qaida hideout, clashes erupt.
- Loss of nuclear reactor contract, a major blow to France.
- Scientists develop rapid H1N1 testing method.
- Chidambaram asks J&K mobile operators to come with fool-proof plan.