Current Affairs of December 2012 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of December 2012. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 December 2012:
- NASA Has Discovered Water Ice On Mercury.
- Bishop Anil Jose Tomas appointed the new Archbishop of Delhi.
- Former Prime Minister IK Gujral dies at the age of 92.
- Tata Motors sales down 13.43 percent in November.
Current Affairs of 02 December 2012:
- Advocate Vijay Aggarwal conferred with International Jurist Award.
- Morgan Stanley raises India’s FY13 GDP forecast to 5.4%.
- ‘Delhi University Teachers Association’ calls off strike, plans agitation against UPA-II.
- Delhi Transco Limited has won India Power Award.
Current Affairs of 03 December 2012:
- Bangladesh beat West Indies in 2nd ODI by 160 runs.
- Jadeja scoring his 3rd triple hundred against Railways in Ranji Trophy.
- TRAI moves to check arbitrary disconnection of SIMs.
- Bharti Airtel launches emergency alert service for customers.
Current Affairs of 04 December 2012:
- Ranjit Sinha appointed as new Chief of Crime Branch of India.
- IRCTC wins Corporate Governance Award.
- NHPC Limited conferred with India Power Award.
- Sudhir Vasudeva wins the ‘Man of the Year’ award in the Oil and Gas Category.
- Satnam Singh conferred with ‘Leading Energy Personality Finance’ Award.
Current Affairs of 05 December 2012:
- Government seeks 64 years as retirement age for public sector banks’s chiefs.
- International Olympic Committee suspends Indian Olympic Association.
- Akshay Kumar’s Khiladi 786 promos banned in Pakistan.
Current Affairs of 06 December 2012:
- Government wins FDI vote in Lok Sabha after SP, BSP abstain.
- Jazz legend Dave Brubeck dies at 91.
- Pakistan beat Germany 2-1 to reach semifinals of Champions Trophy.
- Australian researchers develop world’s 1st coconut flavoured pineapple.
- Besse Cooper, world’s oldest person, passes away at 116.
Current Affairs of 07 December 2012:
- Rajesh Chaturvedi appointed as new Director of BPCL.
- Parthasarathy Shome appointed as new adviser of Finance Minister.
- Vaswani appionted as new president of Dell services.
- REC wins Silver Medal in display at IITF-2012.
- Prashant Kumar wins Gold Medal.
Current Affairs of 08 December 2012:
- Brendon McCullum replaces Ross Taylor as New Zealand skipper.
- West Indies beat Bangladesh by 75 runs, level the 5 match series 2-2.
- EGoM Advises 30% Base Price Cut For Unsold 2G Spectrum.
Current Affairs of 09 December 2012:
- Manavjit wins gold in Asian shooting championship.
- Bangladesh beat West Indies by 2 wickets in Dhaka, Win the series 3-2.
- Wipro buys Singapore FMCG firm for Rs 790 crore.
Current Affairs of 10 December 2012:
- Former president Nelson Mandela Hospitalized.
- Pradip kumar wins Bronze medal in Mr World Contest.
- England take 2-1 lead with seven-wicket win at Eden Gardens.
- Awana, Piyush, Ravindra Jadeja replaces Zaheer, Yuvraj, Harbhajan for fourth Test.
Current Affairs of 11 December 2012:
- H.D. Gujrati appointed as new Director of DFCCIL.
- SPMCIL wins Corporate Governance Award.
- BSES Yamuna Power Limited wins the 5th India Power Award.
- THDC India Limited Wins Silver Medal in the 32nd Trade Fair-2012.
- West Indies beat Bangladesh by 18 runs in Twenty20 Match.
Current Affairs of 12 December 2012:
- Ambati Rayudu replaces Manoj Tiwary in Twenty20 squad against England.
- Tax mop-up shortfall may touch Rs 75,000 crore.
- Consumer price inflation at 9.9 percent in November.
- LCD TV sales in India fell 50% in 2012.
Current Affairs of 13 December 2012:
- TB patients to get free medicines at chemist shops.
- Sitar maestro and Bharat Ratna Pandit Ravi Shankar passes away.
- India successfully test fires nuke capable Agni missile.
- Industrial output soars 8.2% in October.
Current Affairs of 14 December 2012:
- Dr. C.V.Ananda Bose has been appointed as Independent Director in CRWC.
- Powergrid stall bags silver medal at IITF.
- REC received the IPE-CSR Corporate Governance Award.
- DAVP receives the Web Ratna Award 2012.
- India thrash Pakistan to win World T20 for blind.
- Cabinet okays 30% cut in spectrum reserve price.
Current Affairs of 15 December 2012:
- RBI extends deadline for new cheque format till March 2013.
- 18 children among 27 killed in US school shooting.
- India, Pakistan launch new visa regime.
- India’s top order struggling again india close at 87/4 on day 2 of 4th test.
- Inflation falls to 7.24 per cent in November, lowest in 10 months.
Current Affairs of 16 December 2012:
- Sonia Gandhi launches cash-for-food Scheme in Delhi.
- Terrorists attack Peshawar airport, 7 killed and 50 injured.
- Virat Kohli,MS Dhoni fight for India on Day 3, India Close at 298/7.
- India beat Pakistan to win World Cup Kabaddi title.
Current Affairs of 17 December 2012:
- Shah Rukh Khan has received the Brand-Laureate Legendary Award.
- Researchers develop swarm of pingpong ball-sized robots.
- India develops world’s first indigenous Japanese Encephalitis vaccine.
Current Affairs of 18 December 2012:
- Car bomb kills 19 People near government offices in Pakistan.
- England end 28-year wait in India with 2-1 series win.
- Half-hour HIV test to reduce infection risk.
- ISC students worried as exams brought forward by 2 weeks.
Current Affairs of 19 December 2012:
- Building collapsed near Pune, 13 labourers killed.
- The smart toilet you can flush from your phone.
- Astronomer dismisses December 21 doomsday prophesy.
- Lok Sabha passes banking bill, paves way for new licences.
Current Affairs of 20 December 2012:
- Barack Obama is Time magazine’s Person of the Year.
- Dipika Pallikal loses in World Open pre-quarters.
- Silent stroke can cause Parkinson’s disease.
- Beetroot juice `may help lower Blood Pressure’.
Current Affairs of 21 December 2012:
- Praful Patel re-elected as AIFF president.
- Ajay Chadha appointed as new Director General of ITBPF.
- Subhash Joshi appointes as new Director General of Border Security Force.
- Narendra Modi set for record third term in Gujarat.
- Former Olympian Leslie Claudius passes away.
- Punjab National Bank conferred with ‘Most Socially Responsible Bank Award’ 2012.
- India win first Twenty20 in Pune against England.
Current Affairs of 22 December 2012:
- Ravi Jain elected Joint secretary of the DDCA.
- Shreyasi wins trap gold in shooting nationals.
- Saurav Ghosal reach the semifinals of the 60th National Squash championship.
Current Affairs of 23 December 2012:
- Ambika Soni gets IMPACT Person of the Year 2012 Award.
- Morgan’s knock helps England square T20 series against India.
- Kashyap, Sindhu storm into finals of India GP Badminton.
- New Zealand beat South Africa in 2nd Twenty20 international by 8 wickets.
Current Affairs of 24 December 2012:
- No chartered bus service from today.
- Keshavan wins gold in Asian luge.
- Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement from ODIs.
- Facebook creates private posts that disappear once read.
Current Affairs of 25 December 2012:
- Government implement New distress helpline for women.
- Indian Oil Corporation conferred with Consumer Superbrands for the year 2012.
- P.K.Bajpai was conferred with IPE ‘Finance Leadership Award’ 2012.
- India beat Pakistan 2-1, book final berth in Asian Champions Trophy.
- Shreyasi, Sushma win Gold in National Shooting.
Current Affairs of 26 December 2012:
- Virbhadra begins sixth term as Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister.
- Emmy-winning actor Jack Klugman & World War 2 hero dies at 89.
- Pakistan beat India by five wickets in the first T20 International.
- Scientist discovered Protein that resets body’s ‘food clock’.
Current Affairs of 27 December 2012:
- Hawkish Abe picked as next Prime Minister of Japan.
- Internet over use leaving kids brain-dead.
- Delhi University Academic Council Approved Four-Year Undergraduate Courses.
- Government okays 12.5% stake sale in Rashtriya Chemicals.
Current Affairs of 28 December 2012:
- A.K.Singhal conferred with ‘Finance Leadership Award 2012′.
- WAPCOS Limited conferred with PSE Excellence Award 2012.
- Michael Clarke hit Century Australia on the top close of day 2 of the 2nd Test against Sri Lanka.
- India vs Pakistan 2nd T20 today in Ahmedabad.
Current Affairs of 29 December 2012:
- Cyrus Mistry new chairman of tata group after Ratan Tata retires.
- General H Norman Schwarzkopf, Gulf War commander, dies at 78.
- New protein linked to breast cancer progression discovered.
Current Affairs of 30 December 2012:
- Indian I-League football Club Mohun Bagan banned for Two Years.
- Tony Greig, former England cricket captain, dies after heart attack.
- P P S Guron wins gold in Shooting National Championship.
Current Affairs of 31 December 2012:
- 19 pilgrims killed, 25 injured in Pakistan blast.
- Pakistan beat India by 6 wickets in Chennai ODI, lead series 1-0.
- Amol Muzumdar first to score 9000 runs in Ranji Trophy.
- Grandmaster Anton Korobov wins AICF-AAI Chess Cup.