- Which Indian states government joins hand with Delhi to not allow FDI in multi-brand retail?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Who has been takes charge of additional director general, CISF Airport Sector at CISF headquarters in New Delhi?
- O P Singh
- Madhav Prakash
- Harender Verma
- Sunil Goyal
- Who among the following to be named as new Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft?
- Ajay Banga
- Indra Nooyi
- Satya Nadella
- Steve Ballmer
- Which Indian states power tariff to raise 6-8 percent from Saturday?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Which among the following Country’s aviation safety ranking downgraded by US Federal Aviation Administration?
- Which among the following company the Gold Trophy for Project export at 45th National Awards for Export Excellence for the year 2012-13?
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Ircon International Limited (IRCON)
- NTPC Limited
- Tech Mahindra Limited
- Which among the following Indian states chief minister resigned from his post on 31st January 2014?
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Which country launched 370 scholarships worth Rs 10 crore exclusively for Indian students?
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Which among the following company becomes the biggest tax defaulter in the country, data given by the income tax department under RTI showed?
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Aditya Birla Telecom Limited
- Vodafone Infrastructure
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Which Music director joins BJP ahead of Lok Sabha Elections?
- Rahul Dev Burman
- Amit Kumar
- Bappi Lahiri
- Himesh Reshammiya
Rajasthan: The new BJP government in Rajasthan on Friday night announced that it would not allow FDI in multi-brand retail in the state as it would adversely affect various stakeholders and reduce jobs.
O P Singh: Senior IPS officer from Uttar Pradesh Om Prakash Singh has been appointed as the chief of the airport sector of the CISF security at the country’s civil air terminals.
Satya Nadella: Senior Microsoft executive Satya Nadella would replace Steve Ballmer as Microsoft CEO, two media reports said today, citing sources familiar with the processes of selecting the new leader at the Redmond-based company.
Delhi: Delhi’s power distribution companies Friday hiked their surcharge, and as a result the city’s power tariff would increase six to eight percent from Saturday. According to the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC), the BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) increased its tariff eight percent, BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) by six percent and Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (TPDDL) by seven percent.
India: The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has lowered India’s aviation safety ranking, finding regulatory oversight to be inadequate, in a move that would impede efforts by Air India Ltd and Jet Airways (India) Ltd to expand flights to American destinations and subject them to stricter scrutiny.
Ircon International Limited (IRCON): Shri Mohan Tiwari, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, Ircon International Limited (IRCON), received the Gold Trophy for Project export at 45th National Awards for Export Excellence for the year 2012-13 were given away by Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) India.
Uttarakhand: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna stepped down from his post on Friday. Meanwhile, central minister Harish Rawat has been informed to take charge of the hill state.
United Kingdom: The United Kingdom has launched 370 scholarships worth Rs 10 crore exclusively for Indian students. The scholarship amount is the largest ever allocated for India, and was announced on Friday as part of the ongoing GREAT Britain campaign to bolster the country’s global reputation.
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC): Life Insurance Corporation of India, the largest insurer of the country, has over Rs 7,000 crore in tax demand pending against it, the biggest across various categories.
Bappi Lahiri: Music director and singer Bappi Lahiri has changed track and moved beyond the Mumbai film industry to join BJP and begin a political career. Party chief Rajnath Singh inducted him into BJP on Friday.