- Who among the following became the new Chief Executive officer of Microsoft?
- Alan Mulally
- James Staten
- Steve Ballmer
- Satya Nadella
- Which Football team booked a berth in the final round of the Santosh Trophy after routing Uttar Pradesh?
- Tamil Nadu
- Who became the first person to run across Canada without a support team?
- David Miller
- John Heyman
- Jamie McDonald
- Neil Peterson
- Name the social welfare minister of Bihar who resigned on Tuesday from the cabinet?
- Vijay Kumar Chaudhary
- Parveen Amanullah
- Dr. Renu Kumari Kushwaha
- Shahid Ali Khan
- Which among the following scientist conferred with India’s highest civilian award ‘Bharat Ratna’ on Tuesday by President Pranab Mukherjee?
- Chintamani Nagesa Ramachandra Rao
- Roddam Narasimha
- Manchanahalli Rangaswamy Satyanarayana Rao
- T. V. Ramakrishnan
- Who among the following named head of 7th Central Pay panel?
- Rathin Roy
- Meena Agarwal
- Ashok Kumar Mathur
- Vivek Rae
- Which university scientists discovered a mechanism that helps HIV evade antibodies and stabilize key proteins?
- University of Virginia
- National Institutes of Health
- University of Maryland
- University of Delaware
- Which among the following country to significantly increase its defence budget and spend USD 148 billion on its military this year?
- Sri Lanka
- Who became the leading century-maker among active Test players?
- Jacques Kallis
- Mahela Jayawardene
- Kumar Sangakkara
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul
- Which among the following state gets world’s first ‘bookless’ public library?
- New Delhi
Jains: Microsoft has handed responsibility for its future to Satya Nadella, who replaces Steve Ballmer and becomes only the third chief executive in the company’s nearly four-decade-long history.
Punjab: Punjab booked a berth in the final round of the Santosh Trophy after routing Uttar Pradesh 4-0 in their group.
Jamie McDonald: Jamie McDonald 27, became the first person to run across Canada without a support team when he crossed the finishing line in Vancouver nearly 12 months after setting off dressed as comic superhero The Flash.
Jains: In a setback to Nitish Kumar government in Bihar, social welfare minister Parveen Amanullah resigned on Tuesday from the cabinet. Amanullah send her resignation letter to the chief minister.
Jains: Eminent scientist CNR Rao was conferred with the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award, by President Pranab Mukherjee in a glittering ceremony in the Durbar Hall of the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Tuesday.
Ashok Kumar Mathur: UPA Government on Tuesday approved the composition of the Seventh Central Pay Commission, paving the way for revision of salaries of over 50 lakh Central government employees. The Commission headed by former Supreme Court Judge Ashok Kumar Mathur.
National Institutes of Health: National Institutes of Health (NIH) scientists found the mechanism involved in stabilising key HIV proteins and thereby concealing sites where some of the most powerful HIV neutralising antibodies bind.
China: China will significantly increase its defence budget and spend USD 148 billion on its military this year, second only to the US.
Kumar Sangakkara: Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara has hit 160 not out against Bangladesh to become the leading century-maker among active Test players.
Texas: In the world’s first bookless public library in the US state of Texas, the rows-upon-rows of books that fill traditional libraries have been replaced with high-tech gadgets that cater to both adults and children.