Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 08, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following appointed as the first women special director of CBI?
- Meena Kulkarni
- Archana Sundaram
- Deepika Kumari
- Nitu Gupta
- Which country’s economy is estimated to grow at 4.9% in 2013-14, a tad lower than the government’s projection of 5-5.5%?
- Name the Jammu & Kashmir Health Minister who resigned from his post after the police filed a complaint against him for sexually assaulting?
- Bijendra Prasad Yadav
- Shahid Ali Khan
- Iqbal Shafiq
- Shabir Khan
- Name the advisor in the Union ministry of home affairs who resigned from his post on 7th February 2014?
- Kuldeep Sharma
- Shiv Raj Shekhar
- Nitish Verma
- Vilas Dogra
- Which Indian states Chief Minister has removed the red beacon from his car, cut his security cover by 20%?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Who became the first legistor to avail the “None of the above” (NOTA) option?
- Daggubati Venkateshwara Rao
- Manish Tewari
- Rahul Gandhi
- Sandeep Dixit
- Which among the following nation’s scientists found 800,000 year old rare humar footprints?
- United Kingdom
- Which among the following political scientist passes away on 7th February 2014?
- Zhang Quihal
- Robert Dahl
- B N Yugandhar
- David Cameron
- Which among the following Indian shooter won his second gold Medal on Friday at the Inter Shoot tri-series shooting competition?
- Gagan Narang
- Ronjan Sodhi
- Abhinav Bindra
- Vijay Kumar
- Indraprastha Gas Limited reduced the price of CNG by 14.90 per kg and PNG by Rs 5 per unit in-
- Andhra Pradesh
Archana Sundaram: Archana Sundaram, a 1980 batch IPS officer of the Tamil Nadu cadre, has been appointed special director in the CBI.
India: The country’s economy is estimated to grow at 4.9% in 2013-14, a tad lower than the government’s projection of 5-5.5% but marginally above the 4.5% clocked last year.
Shabir Khan: Jammu & Kashmir minister Shabir Khan quit on Friday after the police filed a complaint against him for sexually assaulting the doctor-wife of a separatist leader.
Kuldeep Sharma: Retired Gujarat cadre IPS officer Kuldeep Sharma, who was serving as advisor in the Union ministry of home affairs, has resigned from his post. Sources said he is likely to join the Gujarat unit of Aam Aadmi Party.
Maharashtra: Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan has removed the red beacon from his car, cut his security cover by 20% and removed the wall of the antechamber in his office at his official residence.
Daggubati Venkateshwara Rao: Congress’s Daggubati Venkateshwara Rao became the first legistor to avail the “None Of the Above” (NOTA) option, introduced for the first time in the history of the Rajya Sabha elections.
United Kingdom: Receding ocean waves have exposed the oldest human footprints in Europe from as far back as 800,000 years ago. Only three other sets of footprints, discovered in Africa, are more ancient.
Robert Dahl: One of the country’s esteemed political scientists, Robert A Dahl, has died. His daughter Sara Conor says that Dahl died Wednesday at a nursing home in Connecticut. He was 98.
Abhinav Bindra: Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bindra won his second gold Medal on Friday at the Inter Shoot tri-series shooting competition being held at Hague, Netherlands.
Delhi: Indraprastha Gas Limited reduced the price of CNG, or compressed natural gas by Rs. 14.90 per kg to Rs. 35.20 per kg form RS. 50.10 per kg. PNG (piped natural gas in kitchen) price was reduced by Rs 5 per unit for both comsumption slabs.