Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 12, 2014 major events.
- Which player won the Asia’s first gold medal at the Sochi Olympic Games?
- Mo Tae-Bum
- Wang Beixing
- Shusil Kumar
- Lee Sang Hwa
- Which among the following nation returns to Olympic fold after IOC lifts ban?
- Name the Hollywood actress who passes away at the age of 85 on 11th February 2014?
- Judy Garland
- Shirley MacLaine
- Shirley Temple
- Myrna Loy
- Who has been appointed as co-head of the Goldman Sachs’ securities division?
- Ashok Varadhan
- Michael Houseman
- Wyatt Harrison
- V.N. Rao
- Which among the following country’s ambassador to meet BJP candidate for Prime Minister Narendra Modi after 12 years?
- United States
- Which Indian state police filled chargesheet against bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda in 1994 case?
- Himachal Pradesh
- Name the first officer from northeast to become Lieutenant General?
- Nirmal Chander Vij
- Konsam Himalay Singh
- Shankar Roychowdhury
- Joginder Jaswant Singh
- Which country held their highest level talks for more than 60 years with China?
- Who has been appointed as head coach of the Pakistan national cricket team?
- Waqar Younis
- Moin Khan
- Dav Whatmore
- Saeed Anwar
- Which country records its first polio case since 2001?
Lee Sang Hwa: South Korean Lee Sang Hwa won Asia’s first gold medal at the Sochi Olympic Games as she claimed the women’s 500m speed skating event on Tuesday.
India: India has returned to the Olympic fold after the IOC lifted a ban on the country’s Olympic Association on Tuesday.
Shirley Temple: Shirley Temple Black, who rose to fame as arguably the most popular child star in Hollywood history, died late Monday night. She was 85.
Ashok Varadhan: Indian-origin Ashok Varadhan has been appointed co-head of the Goldman Sachs’ securities division, the largest and most profitable of the global investment bank’s four units.
United States: Nancy Powell, the US ambassador to India, will meet BJP candidate for prime minister Narendra Modi on Thursday, signaling a turnaround by Washington after years of shunning him over the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Delhi: Delhi Police today filed its charge sheet before a court here against top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda in a case lodged in 1994 in connection with recovery of explosive substances.
Konsam Himalay Singh: Konsam Himalay Singh (56) has become the first Army officer from the northeast to be promoted to the Lieutenant General rank.
Taiwan: China and Taiwan held their first government-to-government talks since they split 65 years ago after a brutal civil war a symbolic yet historic move between the former bitter rivals.
Moin Khan: Pakistan on Tuesday appointed former captain Moin Khan as the head coach of the national team for the upcoming Asia Cup and World T20 Cup tournaments in Bangladesh.
Afghanistan: Afghanistan officials have launched a polio vaccination campaign after a young girl from Kabul was diagnosed with the disease the capital’s first case since the fall of the Taliban in 2001.