Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 13, 2014 major events.
- Which nation ranked 140th in the list of 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2014?
- Sri Lanka
- Who has been won the Irani Trophy title 2014?
- Rest of India
- Name the Former Karnataka minister who booked for trying to commit suicide on 12th February 2014?
- S. Suresh Kumar
- Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri
- Jagadish Shettar
- S A Ramdas
- Who becomes the most expensive cricketer in Indian Premier League Auction 2014?
- Kevin Pietersen
- Dinesh Karthik
- Rohit Sharma
- Yuvraj Singh
- How many FIRs registered by anti corruption bureau on Delhi Jal Board in case of Rs. 400 crore loss?
- Which among the following Congress MP resigned on 12th February 2014?
- Kuldeep Bishnoi
- Rao Tula Ram
- Rao Inderjit Singh
- Avtar Singh Bhadana
- Who became the first Indian state to legally ban consumption of all forms of smokeless tobacco?
- Himachal Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Which among the following country Senior officials met with South Korea for the first high-level talks after seven years?
- North Korea
- Who have been voted the most desirable woman in the world by AskMen.com?
- Jennifer Lawrence
- Emilia Clarke
- Emma Watson
- Miley Cyrus
- Who has been entered the quarter final of State Bank of India ATP Challenger Tour tennis tournament on Wednesday?
- Yuki Bhambri
- Saina Nehwal
- Vishnu Vardhan
- Somdev Devvarman
India: India has been ranked 140th in the list of 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2014, whereas China and Pakistan were placed at 175th and 158th position.
Karnataka: Karnataka ended their golden first-class season with their innings and 222 runs wins over Rest of India at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Wednesday.
S A Ramdas: Former Karnataka minister S A Ramdas was on Wednesday booked for trying to commit suicide. Ramdas, a minister in the B S Yeddyurappa government, tried to kill himself within hours of a woman accusing him of sexually harassing her since 2009.
Yuvraj Singh: Royal Challengers Bangalore bought most expensive player Yuvraj Singh for a staggering Rs. 14 crore while Dinesh Karthik went to the Delhi Daredevils for Rs. 12.5 crore.
Three: The anti corruption bureau has registered three FIRs in connection with cases related to Delhi Jal Board where the state exchequer has incurred a loss of around Rs 400 crore.
Rao Inderjit Singh: Congress MP from Haryana, Rao Inderjit Singh, who had demanded a probe into land deals of Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra, today ended 35 year association with the party as he resigned to join BJP tomorrow.
Assam: Assam became the first state to legally ban consumption of all forms of smokeless tobacco, including pan masala containing tobacco and nicotine, through an act which comes into effect on Thursday.
North Korea: Senior officials for North and South Korea met Wednesday for the first high-level talks between the two foes in seven years ahead of a visit to Seoul by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.
Emilia Clarke: Emilia Clarke Mother of Dragons and Cyborg-Killing Messiahs have been voted the most desirable woman in the world by AskMen.com, following a rigid electoral process that saw more than 1 million votes.
Somdev Devvarman: Somdev Devvarman romped into the quarter-finals but Yuki Bhambri’s campaign came to an end on a mixed day for Indian players at the $50,000 State Bank of India ATP Challenger Tour tennis tournament here Wednesday.