Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 14, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following player named FICCI Sportsperson of the Year?
- Jayanta Talukdar
- Virat Kohli
- Saina Nehwal
- Deepika Kumari
- Who became the first country to allow euthanasia for terminally ill children of any age?
- Which among the following Veteran filmmaker passes away on 13th February 2014?
- M. Sasikumar
- Kailasam Balachander
- Balu Mahendra
- Which Indian state Transport Corporation has decided to introduce biometric attendance system for its employees?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Which among the following South African cricketer equaled of consecutive 50s in test match cricket?
- AB de Villiers
- Hashim Amla
- JP Duminy
- Faf du Plessis
- Who among the following will take over as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC)?
- Koka Subba Rao
- Mukul Mudgal
- Jagdish Sharan Verma
- Yogesh Kumar Sabharwal
- Which country’s Prime Minister to resign after party withdraws support?
- Name the American comic actor and writer who passes away at 91 on 13th February 2014?
- Carl Reiner
- Sid Caesar
- Mel Brooks
- Barry Pearl
- Which Indian cricketer was conferred with the Lifetime Achievement award at the India Sports Awards presented by FICCI?
- Rahul Dravid
- Sourav Ganguly
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Anil Kumble
- Which country’s scientist successfully converted plastic shopping bags into diesel, natural gas and other useful petroleum products?
- United States
Deepika Kumari: India’s top archer Deepika Kumari was Thursday named the Sportsperson of the Year at the India Sports Awards, presented by FICCI.
Belgium: Belgium became the first nation to allow euthanasia for terminally ill children on Thursday when its lower House passed a new right-to-die legislation by a large majority.
Balu Mahendra: Acclaimed director Balu Mahendra who was admitted in Vijaya Hospital due to illness passed away today in the morning.
Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation has decided to introduce biometric attendance system for its employees. Along with other senior officials, the CMD of DTC will also be brought under this.
AB de Villiers: Abraham de Villiers, with his unbeaten 52 off 94 balls against Australia on Thursday, equalled a world record held by Vivian Richards of 11 consecutive 50s in test match cricket.
Mukul Mudgal:Former chief justice of Punjab and Haryana high court Mukul Mudgal will take over as the new chairperson of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council (BCCC).
Italy: Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta has said he will resign on Friday after his Democratic Party backed a call for a new administration.
Sid Caesar,: Comic showman Sid Caesar, a pioneer of American television sketch comedy as the star and creative force of “Your Show of Shows” during the 1950s, died on Wednesday at age 91.
Rahul Dravid: Cricket legend Rahul Dravid was conferred with the Lifetime Achievement award at the India Sports Awards being presented by FICCI.
United States: Indian-origin scientists based in US have successfully converted plastic shopping bags into diesel, natural gas and other useful petroleum products.