Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 18, 2014 major events.
- Which movie won the best Film award at Britain’s at this year’s BAFTA Awards?
- 12 Years a Slave
- Django Unchained
- Name the Kingfisher airlines chief executive officer who quits his post on 17th February 2014?
- Neeraj Metha
- Ankit Batra
- Mohan Sinha
- Sanjay Aggarwal
- Who became the first Indian cricketer to take hat-trick in ICC Under-19 World Cup?
- Mohammad Aftab
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Irfanullah Shaikh
- Ajit Sheth
- Who has been won the best Actor award for 12 Years a Slave at the 2014 BAFTA Award in London?
- Michael Fassbender
- Steve McQueen
- Chiwetel Ejiofor
- Matthew McConaughey
- Who has been nominated as youngest prime minister of Italy?
- Matteo Renzi
- Pier Luigi Bersani
- Silvio Berlusconi
- Angelino Alfano
- Which university scientist discovered a new layer in the human cornea that could help cure blindness due to glaucoma?
- University of Nottingham
- University of Maryland
- University of Birmingham
- University of Leeds
- Who has been appointed as Pakistan’s new High Commissioner to India?
- Mishari Rashid
- Saud Al-Shuraim
- Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais
- Abdul Basit
- Who has been won the best Actress award for Blue Jasmine at the 2014 BAFTA Award in London?
- Sally Hawkins
- Cate Blanchett
- Kate Winslet
- Sandra Bullock
- Which among the following Hindi littérateur passes away at 89 on 17th February 2014?
- Sri Lal Sukla
- Chandrashekhara Kambara
- Kunwar Narayan
- President Pranab Mukherjee has imposed President’s rule in-
- Andhra Pradesh
12 Years a Slave: The harrowing drama “12 Years a Slave” won the Best Film award at Britain’s at this year’s BAFTA Awards.
Sanjay Aggarwal: Kingfisher Airlines (KFA) CEO Sanjay Aggarwal has resigned and now the groundedsince-October-2012 airline has no non-UB Group person in its management as all the professionals hired from outside have quit.
Kuldeep Yadav: Left-arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav became the first Indian bowler to grab a hat-trick in the Under-19 World Cup against Scotland on Monday.
Chiwetel Ejiofor: British actor Chiwetel Ejiofor has won Best Actor at the Bafta’s for his role as Solomon Northup in Steve McQueen’s 12 Years a Slave.
Matteo Renzi: Matteo Renzi was on Monday nominated to be the PM of Italy, the youngest in the European Union.
University of Nottingham: An Indian doctor Harminder Dua from the University of Nottingham in Britain has discovered a new layer in the human cornea that could help cure blindness due to glaucoma.
Abdul Basit: Pakistan on Monday appointed career diplomat Abdul Basit as its new High Commissioner to India, replacing former foreign secretary Salman Bashir.
Cate Blanchett: Cate Blanchett won the award for Best Actress at Britain’s top film honours on Sunday for her portrayal of a riches-to-rags socialite in Woody Allen’s tragic comedy “Blue Jasmine”.
Amarkant: Noted Hindi litterateur and Jnanpith award winner Amarkant on Monday breathed his last at his residence in Allahabad following a prolonged illness. He was 89.
Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has imposed President’s rule in Delhi and accepted the Arvind Kejriwal government’s resignation.