Current Affairs of February 2009 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of February 2009. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking & all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 February 2009
- India to share 26/11 proof with UN chief.
- Sania-Bhupathi clinch mixed doubles title.
- Noida IT professional foretold Satyam-type case in his novel.
Current Affairs of 02 February 2009
- Ajmal Kasab’s police custody extended till 13 February.
- Mulayam-Kalyan tie-up could well upset Mayawati’s apple cart in Uttar Pradesh.
- Deve Gowda may show up at Karnataka High Court hearing on expressway project.
- Pranab Mukherjee set for Dhaka visit; terror on agenda.
Current Affairs of 03 February 2009
- P. Chidambaram to visit Manipur, Nagaland on Tuesday.
- 12- yr-old boy kills 6-yr-old friend over a plastic ball.
- Google Ocean makes waves around the world.
Current Affairs of 04 February 2009
- Friedman-Nilekani discussion in Bangalore.
- Goa PWD minister accuses cabinet colleague of rape.
- CEC wrote 3 letters to president.
- Barack Obama says he ‘screwed up’ in nominating cabinet members.
- India signs MoU with AREVA for nuclear reactors.
Current Affairs of 05 February 2009
- Operation Lotus nets former Congress minister into BJP.
- Holbrooke to visit India along with Pakistan, Afghanistan.
- India to discuss 26/11 with UN chief today.
- Britain urges Pakistan to prosecute 26/11 attackers fast.
- Bombay High Court dismisses A.N. Roy’s appointment as Maharashtra DGP.
Current Affairs of 06 February 2009
- UN slams Modi for denying Muslims justice.
- IPL: KP, Flintoff sold for Rs 7.55 cr each.
- Pakistan arrests 50 Indian fishermen.
- Sensex rises 210 points on stimulus hopes.
Current Affairs of 07 February 2009
- Obama appoints Indian American to key White House post.
- Lok Sabha Elections: Dr. Manmohan Singh is Sonia’s choice, not son Rahul Gandhi.
- Obama wants assurances over A. Q. Khan’s future role.
- IBM offers laid-off US workers jobs in India
- Dhaka slams Islamabad for linking Bangladesh to Mumbai attacks
Current Affairs of 08 February 2009
- Sri Lanka win 5th ODI, India clinch series.
- Ex-soldiers take pension battle to the President.
- Russian firm may sign nuclear fuel deal with India.
- Vajpayee stable, responding to treatment.
- Recession strikes Bollywood, Yash Raj Films lays off 20.
Current Affairs of 09 February 2009
- French Defence Ministry delegation to visit Puducherry today.
- Mom in chief’ touches on policy & tongues wag.
- Sensex surges to month’s high, gains 283 points.
- GDP growth for 2008-09 projected to slow down to 7.1%
- Bobby Jindal among ’10 people who could change world’.
Current Affairs of 10 February 2009
- Unruly scenes mar opening day of Uttar Pradesh Assembly session.
- SAARC commerce secretaries to meet today.
- Obama vows to put US economy back on track.
- Former PM expresses lack of faith in Supreme Court judge.
- British House of Commons honours actor Irrfan Khan.
Current Affairs of 11 February 2009
- Mid-air collision averted in Assam.
- US Senate endorses Obama’s $838 bn stimulus plan.
- UN chief asks US, China, India to lead way on climate change.
- Former prime minister Vajpayee’s condition improving.
Current Affairs of 12 February 2009
- US Congress reaches deal on economic stimulus.
- Singhvi’s donation to SC creates controversy.
- Accident-prone Bhojpuri superstar Manoj Tiwari.
- US mulling new Afghan policy after Kabul attacks.
Current Affairs of 13 February 2009
- India’s indigenous N-sub secret is out.
- Karnataka govt’s plan to promote Advani’s autobiography irks Cong.
- US Navy nabs pirates after distress call by Indian ship.
- Ahead of Lok Sabha polls, a change in Nitish’s tactics.
Current Affairs of 14 February 2009
- 16 dead, 161 injured as Coromandel Express derails.
- IIM and IIT faculty quota Bill sparks controversy.
- Mittal, Ambani among world’s most powerful billionaires.
- Amar Singh unwilling to break alliance with Congress.
- Window on Pak Press: Come clean on 26/11 tragedy- Pak tells India.
Current Affairs of 15 February 2009
- Brack Obama says Congress approval of stimulus bill is major milestone.
- Sushil buckles under pressure, tenders a written apology.
- Supreme Court: Reserved category candidates can contest on general seats.
- Ban seeks early release of kidnapped UNHCR official in Pakistan.
Current Affairs of 16 February 2009
- Indian sailor held by Somalis sends SOS to wife in Uttar Pradesh.
- Pvt hospitals get land cheap but fail to treat the poor.
- Freida breaks off engagement with fiance of four years.
- Slow pace of Indo-US coop on terror issue concerns Mulford.
- Budget presentation disrupted as MP complains of uneasiness.
Current Affairs of 17 February 2009
- 27 Indian Mujahideen members charged with serial bombings.
- Legal action against firm for overpricing Oscar tickets.
- Nominations: Performance by an actor in a leading role.
- Status of 26/11 suspects in Pakistan unknown.
Current Affairs of 18 February 2009
- Obama signs $787 billion stimulus bill into law.
- Menon in Nepal to help end crisis.
- Brack Obama announces 17,000 surge in US troops in Afghanistan
- Government disapproves of CEC’s recommendation on Chawla.
Current Affairs of 19 February 2009
- Obama pumps in $75 billion to save American homeowners.
- India gets FBI evidence linking Pakistan to Mumbai attacks.
- Holbrooke praises India for showing restraint after 26/11.
- Vaiko slams Pranab’s statement on Sri Lankan Tamils issue.
- Rane likely to return to Maharashtra Cabinet.
Current Affairs of 20 February 2009
- Govt seeks CBI probe into Madras HC clash.
- Sureme Court defers Rajasthan Cricekt Association elections
- Report: Mumbai attackers had 320 targets on hit list.
- Anand beats Radjabov in Linares opener.
- BMW accident case: SC grants bail to Utsav Bhasin.
Current Affairs of 21 February 2009
- In Punjab, fail maths, English but still pass matric.
- Tigers are using roads to launch their aircraft.
- Handcuffed militant blasts grenade at media meet in Bangladesh.
- IAF to install Aerosat Radar at Southern Air Command.
- Mangalore Police registers FIR against Union minister Renuka.
Current Affairs of 22 February 2009
- Controversial Rs 50,000-cr Mirage upgrade.
- Affluent North Indians prone to hypertension & fat bellies.
- Iran hikes price of natural gas coming through IPI pipeline.
- 86% Naxal attacks in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa.
Current Affairs of 23 February 2009
- Bobby Jindal would not rule out White House run in 2012.
- Pinki makes her village ‘smile’ after wooing Oscar jury.
- Pakistan Prime Minister reaches out to Nawaz Sharif.
- Terror groups breathe easy in Pakistan.
Current Affairs of 24 February 2009
- Voice recordings of Kasab’s handlers sought in Pakistan queries.
- Window on Pak Press: India’s attitude unhelpful, says Pakistan.
- Lok Sabha clears 2% cuts in Excise, Service Tax.
- Sri Lankan forces enter last LTTE held town of Puthukuduiruppu.
Current Affairs of 25 February 2009
- Coordinated effort of ISI and Pak army’.
- Pranab takes on Opposition over budget flak.
- Parliament passes bill to set 12 Central varsities.
- Former Union minister Sukhram sentenced to 3 years.
Current Affairs of 26 February 2009
- Pak armymen wanted in 26/11 chargesheet.
- Nightclub owners blame govt policy for violation of law.
- Rebel BDR soldiers begin laying down weapons’.
- United States stocks fall on lower home sales, bank nationalisation woes.
Current Affairs of 27 February 2009
- BCCI withdraws Sachin, Karthik from Masters T20 match.
- Hope sinks for Indians on hijacked MV Jaipur.
- Harper’s Bazaar magazine hits the stands in India.
- Sebi likely to approve Satyam’s bidding framework unchanged.
Current Affairs of 28 February 2009
- India begins aircraft carrier construction, to go in for more.
- McCullum to apply the same approach in ODI series.
- Pakistan denies reports of Gilani’s resignation.
- Ghulam Nabi’s 5-day south India odyssey begins from Karnataka.
- SAARC to strengthen anti-terror mechanisms in region.