Current Affairs of February 2013 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of February 2013. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 February 2013:
- Dr. M.P. Sukumaran Nair appointed as new Independent Director of CRWC.
- Darren Lehmann appointed Kings XI Punjab coach.
- Delhi Transco Limited conferred with India Pride Award.
- Rajeev Mehrotra has been conferred with Top Rankers Excellence Awards 2013.
- ICICI bank profit up 30% to Rs. 2,250 Crore.
Current Affairs of 02 February 2013:
- Bomb blast in Pakistani mosque killed 22 & 40 people injured.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been appointed as vice-president of India Cement.
- Michael Di Venuto appointed as new batting coach of Australia.
- Australia beat West Indies by 9 wickets in 1st ODI.
- General Motors India launched Sail sedan at Rs 4.99-7.51 lakh.
Current Affairs of 03 February 2013:
- Scientists developed a device to detect drug-resistant TB in 2 hours.
- Sachin Tendulkar appointed new captain of Mumbai Indians.
- Samuel Blum and James Wynne conferred with Prestigious National Medal.
- South Africa on top of 2nd day, takes 411 run lead over Pakistan.
- 30 Indian software product firms break free from Nasscom.
Current Affairs of 04 February 2013:
- Mo Yan and Jackie Chan Selected As Members of Chinese Parliament.
- British school discovers Newton’s 300-year-old textbooks.
- Revised charges to be framed against Salman, others in blackbuck case.
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to tough anti-rape ordinance.
- Australia beat West indies by 54 runs in the second one day match.
Current Affairs of 05 February 2013:
- Supreme Court refuses to quash Andhra HC judge’s appointment.
- Armed forces building deadly drone arsenal, also want combat UAVs.
- Tougher penalty for heinous crimes by juveniles? SC agrees to examine.
- Gear up for Lok Sabha polls in September: Mulayam Singh to partymen.
- Shiromani Akali Dal will contest Delhi polls on party own symbol: Sukhbir Badal.
Current Affairs of 06 February 2013:
- Sri Lanka Beats India by 138 runs to Enter Super Six Stage in ICC Womens World.
- Kinggisher Airlines Loses Rs 755 crore in Quarter 3.
- Manjushree appointed new executive Vice-Chairman at Kesoram.
- Britain Clears Gay Marriage Law.
- Tokyo world’s most expensive city; Delhi, Mumbai among cheapest.
- Gujarat bags 6 national e-government awards.
Current Affairs of 07 February 2013:
- Tech Mahindra Quarter 3 net profit dips marginally to Rs. 275.8%.
- IMF Predicts India’s FY13 Economic Growth Rate to 5.4%.
- Royal Bank of Scotland fined $615 million in rate-fixing scandal.
- Raj kumar Tiwari wins India Award.
- Egypt President Mohamed Morsi to visit India next month.
Current Affairs of 08 February 2013:
- Scientists developed Hi–tech spectacles which could cure colour blindness.
- Defence Research Development Organization developed new ballistic missile Agni VI.
- Rafael Nadal beat Federico Delbonis by 6-3, 6-2 in the ATP Clay-Court Tournament.
- Delhi Waveriders beat Uttar Pradesh Wizards by 4-1 in Hockey India League.
- S.N. Pal appionted as new Generral Manager of Ircon International Limited.
Current Affairs of 09 February 2013:
- Chatrapati Shahuji Maharaj University declared results of several courses.
- Ex-MLAs not paying rent for overstay in government-allotted quarters.
- Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation demolishes 207 illegal shops.
- All Tripura Tiger Force chief Debbarma booked under National Security Act.
Current Affairs of 10 February 2013:
- Shane Jurgensen appointed as new coach of Bagladesh Cricket Team.
- German Education Minister quits over plagiarism scandal.
- 2001 Parliament Attack accused Afzal Guru hanged in Delhi`s Tihar Jail.
- Ranchi Rhinos enters final of Hockey India League.
Current Affairs of 11 February 2013:
- Lydia Ko Became Youngest Winner Of European Tour Golf Event.
- ‘Rest of India’ Won Irani Cup for 8th Consecutive Time.
- China pips United State, becomes biggest trading nation.
- US General Dunford takes charge of Nato in Afghanistan.
- World’s largest saltwater crocodile dies in Philippines.
Current Affairs of 12 February 2013:
- Michael de Zoysa appionted new manager of Sri Lanka cricket team.
- India retain top ODI spot, Virat Kohli on 3rd Position.
- Rafael Nadal Misses title win in comeback tournament.
- West Indies beat New Zealand by 48 runs in the Women’s World Cup.
- Anil K. Bhandari released new book ‘Tourism in India-An Economic Activity’.
- A.K. Rastogi conferreed with CA Professional Achiever Award.
Current Affairs of 13 February 2013:
- New Zealand beat England by 55 runs, level T-20 series 1-1.
- First ‘Pay-By-Tweet’ Service Launched on Twitter.
- Government refuses to give funds to civic bodies.
- Death toll from Iraq suicide blast rises to 7.
Current Affairs of 14 February 2013:
- Pandit, maulvi come in handy for Jabalpur municipal corporation demolition squad.
- 3,600 avail dialysis for Rs500, Nagpur Municipal Corporation plans 2nd centre.
- Travel advisories by China, UK unjustified, tourism minister Chiranjeevi says.
Current Affairs of 15 February 2013:
- Delhi Daredevils appointed Jeremy Snape as new performance coach.
- Angelo Mathews appointed as new Test,ODI skipper of Sri Lanka.
- Scientists found the youngest blackhole in the milky way galaxy.
- January inflation eases to 6.62%, lowest level in over 3 years.
- Powergrid Q3 profit rises 40 per cent at Rs.1129 crore.
Current Affairs of 16 February 2013:
- Vijay Goel appointed as new Delhi BJP chief.
- Pakistan Successfully Tests Nuclear-Capable Hatf-II Missile.
- Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius faces life in prison.
- Shiv Sena leader Datta Nalawade passes away.
- Diesel price hiked by 45 paise a litre, petrol to cost Rs.1.50 more.
Current Affairs of 17 February 2013:
- Swine flu kills two in Delhi, 59 new cases recorded on weekend.
- Presence of IT majors would create opportunities for professionals: Shashikant Chaudhary.
Current Affairs of 18 February 2013:
- Odisha Board’s new Plus II, matric exam pattern worries students.
- Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation spends only 40% funds marked for development.
- Anti-Corruption Bureau probes recruitment drive by Jai Naraian Vyas University varsity.
Current Affairs of 19 February 2013:
- Heidelberg Cement hikes clinker manufacturer capacity at 2 MP units.
- Hague court upholds India’s right on Kishanganga project in Kashmir.
- VVIP helicopter deal: IDS Infotech received kickbacks money from 2007 till 2010.
- Assistant sub-inspector dies of cardiac arrest at police headquarters.
Current Affairs of 20 February 2013:
- Jaipur Municipal Corporation wants garbage collection firm’s bank guarantee seized.
- Damini’s father misuses donated money; district admin debars him from operating bank account.
- Assam Sarva Siksha Abhiyan holds science, math exhibition in Guwahati.
Current Affairs of 21 February 2013:
- Octroi officials in trouble as disputed road cleaning machine goes missing.
- Most of Rs 250 crore worth diamonds robbed at Brussels airport were headed for Surat.
- Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation general body okays tax hike proposal.
- CBI to probe hawala transactions in Gali Janardhan Reddy PA’s case.
Current Affairs of 22 February 2013:
- Board of Industrial and Financial Restructuring hearing on Sindri unit postponed.
- Maharashtra govt sends 17 eco-sensitive zone proposals to Centre before deadline.
- Free flow of Ganga, the best solution to pollution problem: Environmentalist.
Current Affairs of 23 February 2013:
- Assam Police launch operation against fake non-banking financial companies.
- 1st Test: Michael Clarke rescues Australia as umpiring error hurts hosts; R Ashwin grabs six.
- People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy to lay siege to Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project on Feb 27.
Current Affairs of 24 February 2013:
- Government Medical College and Hospital issues showcause notices to seven in patient death case.
- Doctors, attendants file counter charges after child’s death at JK Lon.
- Sons of Rajnath Singh, Kalyan Singh, Lalji Tandon bag top BJP posts.
Current Affairs of 25 February 2013:
- Petra Kvitova claims 10th tour title with win in Dubai.
- South Africa beat Pakistan by an innings and 18 runs.
- Hari Shankar Singhania, leading industrialist, passes away at 79.
- Dhoni hit double ton, India ends Day 3 at 515-8, leads by 135 runs.
- S.K.Srivastava conferred with Global Excellence Award.
- Rabindra Singh Director of NDMC conferred with HR Leadership Award.
Current Affairs of 26 February 2013:
- ONGC conferred with India’s ‘Best Sports Promoting Company’ Award.
- Life of Pi bags most Oscars at the 85th annual Academy Awards.
- BHEL conferred with Gold Award in National Awards 2012-13.
- Matt kuchar beat Hunter Mahan in the final of World Golf Championship.
- Kei Nishikori beats Feliciano Lopez to clinch Memphis title.
- Israel, U.S. successfully test anti-missile system.
Current Affairs of 27 February 2013:
- Bus accident kills 35 people at Mwingi town in kenya.
- Parliament cleared Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Bill 2012.
- Railway Budget 2013: Reservation,Tatkal, Cancellation Fees Up Sharply.
- India beat Australia by 8 wickets, take 1-0 lead in the series.
- Francis Crick named Nobel Medal for Discovery of DNA’s Structure.
- India become the first country to put smartphone in space.
Current Affairs of 28 February 2013:
- Rafael Nadal beat Diego Schwartzman in the Mexican Open.
- West Indies wins one-day series against Zimbabwe 3-0.
- South Korean scientists develop first flexible Li-ion batteries.
- CBSE Change compartment and improvement rules.
- State Bank of India rises interest rates on fixed deposits by 0.25%.