Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 22, 2014 major events.
- Who became the first female Russian skater to receive Olympic gold in this category?
- Julia Lipnitskaia
- Elena Radionova
- Carolina Kostner
- Adelina Sotnikova
- Name the Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson who joined Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday?
- Tushar Gandhi
- Ramachandra Guha
- Rajmohan Gandhi
- C. Rajagopalachari
- Which Indian State’s chief minister called a bandh on 2 March 2014?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Which among the following bill passed by Lok Sabha on Friday?
- The Agricultural Biosecurity Bill, 2013
- Whistleblower Protection Bill
- The National Institute of Design Bill, 2013
- The Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India Bill, 2013
- Who has been appointed as Indian captain for Women’s World T20 from March 16 in Bangladesh?
- Harmanpreet Kaur
- Latika Kumari
- Mithali Raj
- Jhulan Goswami
- Which former Union minister named in Bokaro steel plant recruitment scam case?
- Sharad Yadav
- V. P. Singh
- Ram Vilas Paswan
- Sushil Kumar Modi
- Name the Odishas law and tourism minister who seriously injured on Friday when an unidentified man fired at him in Puri?
- Prasanna Acharya
- Maheswar Mohanty
- Lal Bihari Himirika
- Debi Prasad Mishra
- 11 Libyans dead in medical plane crash in-
- Who among the following golf player won the Women’s third leg of Professional Golf Tour 2014?
- Smriti Mehra
- Kiran Matharu
- Nikki Campbell
- Sharmila Nicollet
- Name the chairman and managing director of United Bank of India who resigned from his post on 21st February 2014?
- Neeraja Devi
- Archana Bhargava
- Smriti Sinha
- Aarti Jain
Adelina Sotnikova: Adelina Sotnikova of Russia edged out 2010 Olympic champion Yuna Kim to win gold in Sochi on Thursday. Sotnikova is the first Russian woman to win a gold medal in figure skating history.
Rajmohan Gandhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) got a shot in the arm when Rajmohan Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, joined the party today.
Bihar: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday called a bandh on March 2 after alleging the Centre of discrimination against Bihar by not granting it special category status though Seemandhra was granted one.
Whistleblower Protection Bill: At the very fag end of the forgettable existence of the 15th Lok Sabha, Parliament on Friday passed the Whistleblower Protection Bill.
Mithali Raj: Mithali Raj will lead the 14-member Indian team in the Women’s World T20 from March 16 in Bangladesh. Mithali will also captain the side in the three-match T20 series before that against Bangladesh.
Ram Vilas Paswan: Investigations into the Bokaro steel plant recruitment scam have reached the doorsteps of former Union minister and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan.
Maheswar Mohanty: Odisha law, culture and tourism minister Maheswar Mohanty was seriously injured on Friday when an unidentified man fired at him in Puri, Odisha.
Tunisia: A medical flight from Libya crashed in a field near Tunis in the early hours of Friday morning, killing all 11 Libyans on board.
Smriti Mehra: Veteran golfer Smriti Mehra brought her experience into play as she snatched the lead after the second round of the third leg of Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour 2014 being held at the Willingdon Sports Club.
Archana Bhargava: Amid piling debt and losses, Archana Bhargava, chairman and managing director of United Bank of India, resigned on Friday.