Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 23, 2014 major events.
- Who becomes Britain’s highest paid footballer with $500,000-a-week contract?
- Juan Mata
- Robin van Persie
- Mesut Özil
- Wayne Rooney
- Who has been won the International Woolmark Prize 2014?
- Steven Gerrard
- Rahul Mishra
- David Moyes
- Milan Dogra
- Which team entered final of the Hockey India League for the second time in a row?
- Uttar Pradesh Wizards
- Ranchi Rhinos
- Delhi Waveriders
- Punjab Warriors
- Which player wins record sixth Olympic short-track speed-skating gold medal?
- Lee Ho-Suk
- Tatiana Borodulina
- Jin Sun-Yu
- Victor Ahn
- Who has been takes oath as Italy’s Prime Minister?
- Matteo Renzi
- Pier Luigi Bersani
- Beppe Grillo
- Silvio Berlusconi
- Name the world’s most-wanted drug kingpin who arrested in Mexico on 22nd February 2014?
- Pablo Escobar
- Rafael Caro Quintero
- Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano
- Joaquin Guzman Loera
- Which country became the third most favoured nation of international students after the US and UK?
- New Zealand
- Name the Maharashtra additional director general of police who quit his post Sunday?
- Ranjit Mahanti
- KP Raghuvanshi
- Vijay Kamble
- P K Jain
- Who has been entered the final of the Under-21 men’s singles final of Qatar Open Super Series Table Tennis Championships?
- Jeev Milkha Singh
- Harmeet Desai
- Anirban Lahiri
- Randeep Hooda
- India’s heaviest baby at 5.9 kg born in-
- Uttar Pradesh
Wayne Rooney: Manchester United’s England striker Wayne Rooney, 28, has signed a contract extension that will make him the Premier League’s highest paid player.
Rahul Mishra: Indian designer Rahul Mishra was named winner of the 2014 International Woolmark Prize. Mishra, gets a prize of 100,000 Australian dollars, or $92,210 at current exchange.
Delhi Waveriders: Delhi Waveriders made it to the final of the Hockey India League for the second time in a row beating Uttar Pradesh Wizards 1-0 in the first semifinal here on Saturday.
Victor Ahn: Record-breaking Russian short-track speed skater Victor Ahn won two more Olympic golds on Saturday (AEDT) to take his tally to six the highest in the sport’s history.
Matteo Renzi : Matteo Renzi was sworn in Saturday as Italy’s youngest Prime Minister, alongside his new Cabinet of 16 ministers.
Joaquin Guzman Loera:The world’s most-wanted drug kingpin, Joaquin Guzman Loera, known as El Chapo, has been arrested in Mexico.
China: China has now become the third most favoured nation of international students after the United States and United Kingdom.
P K Jain: Maharashtra Additional director general (ADG) of police PK Jain resigned from the Indian Police Service (IPS) on Friday night.
Harmeet Desai: Harmeet Desai entered the final of the Under-21 men’s singles final after beating Brazilian Hugo Calderano 11-6 11-4 11-8 11-5 at the USD 3.5 million Qatar Open Super Series Table Tennis Championships at Bahrain.
Manipur: A woman from Manipur’s Thoubal district gave birth to a girl weighing 5.9 kg in Imphal on Friday, setting a record for delivering the country’s heaviest baby.