Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 25, 2014 major events.
- Who has been named the Guyana’s 2013 Sportsman of year?
- Darren Sammy
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul
- Marlon Samuels
- Chris Gayle
- Who among the following player won the Rio Open 2014?
- Alexandr Dolgopolov
- Stanislas Wawrinka
- David Ferrer
- Rafael Nadal
- Which Bank won the first prize for implementation of Official Language Policy of Government of India for 2013 year?
- Punjab National Bank
- Central Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Which Indian state police becomes the first police force in the country to use UAV in murder probe?
- Himachal Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Which University scientist developed a cheap paper test that can detect cancer?
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- California Institute of Technology
- Yale University
- Name the world’s oldest Holocaust survivor who died in London at the age of 110?
- Anita Lasker-Wallfisch
- Coco Schumann
- Christopher Nupen
- Alice Herz-Sommer
- Who has been won the ATP Delray Beach Open title 2014?
- Marin Cilic
- Gilles Simon
- Kei Nishikori
- Marcel Granollers
- Seven militants were gunned in an encounter with the army in-
- Uttar Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Which cricket team defeated England by three wickets to enter the final of ICC Under-19 World Cup?
- Sri Lanka
- Who becomes the first female to elected in board of directors at Honda Motors?
- Amy Dumas
- Torrie Wilson
- Stephanie McMahon
- Issao Mizoguchi
Shivnarine Chanderpaul: Shivnarine Chanderpaul has been named Guyana’s 2013 Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year by a National Sports Commission panel.
Rafael Nadal: World No.1 Rafael Nadal has shrugged off the injury concerns that wrecked his Australian Open bid as he dismantled Ukraine’s Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-3 7-6 to win the Rio Open.
Central Bank of India: Central Bank of India has been awarded the first prize for implementation of Official Language Policy of Government of India in Mumbai Metro area for the year 2013.
Tamil Nadu: The Tamil Nadu police are believed to be the first force in the country to use an unmanned aerial vehicle in a murder investigation.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has developed a cheap, simple, paper test that can detect cancer.
Alice Herz Sommer: Alice Herz Sommer, who at 110, was known as the oldest-living Holocaust survivor died today in London.
Marin Cilic: Croatia’s Marin Cilic won the Delray Beach Open on Sunday for his 11th ATP World Tour title and second in three weeks, beating Kevin Anderson 7-6 (6), 6-7 (7), 6-4 in 3 hours, 8 minutes.
Jammu and Kashmir: Seven militants were gunned down in an encounter with the Army in Kupwara district of north Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistan: Pakistan defeated England by three wickets in a low scoring but nerve-racking thriller to reach its fifth U19 World Cup final at Dubai on Monday.
Issao Mizoguchi: Honda Motor Co. (7267), Japan’s third-largest automaker, named Issao Mizoguchi as an operating officer.