Attempt below questions based on February 26, 2016 major events and build you GK online:
1. What is the “World Sufism Forum Conference”?
The World Sufism Forum Conference is the fight against jihadist terror and in another attempt to reach out to Muslims. This conference will address Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the first day, which is scheduled to be held at New Delhi from 17th to 20th March, 2016.
2. Who is the new president of FIFA by winning election 2016?
A European football administrator Gianni Infantino has been elected as president of Fédération International de Football Association on February 26. He achieved 115 out of 207 votes in the second round to beat Sheikh Salman of Bahrain, who got 88 votes.
3. Name of Indian state is the third largest recipient of foreign direct investment?
Karnataka is the third largest state of India to recipient of foreign direct investment after Delhi and Maharashtra. Between April 2014 and November 2015, the State received FDI totaling $ 6,710.36 million, constituting 12.04 percent of the country’s FDI.
4. Which state High court announced to change RTI rule 2016 regarding application fees?
The Delhi High Court recently announced to amend RTI rules 2016 for application fees and exemption to applicants below poverty line.
5. When will be start CBSE X and XII board exam 2016?
Class board of Xth and XIIth exams will begin from March 1 and end on March 28 and April 22, respectively. According to the data provided by CBSE over 25 lakh students have registered this year for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) exams–the highest in the history of the exam and 6.3% more than last year’s total.
6. The 41st Ranji Trophy won by which state cricket team on 26th February?
Mumbai cricket won 41st Ranji Trophy beat Saurashtra team. Mambai team made 371 run and made 235 run.
7. Which Political party will shift its office to Amaravati soon?
The Telugu Desam Party decided that the AP unit office should be relocated. Its office will shift to Amaravati soon. At present, offices of both AP and Telangana units are functioning from NTR Trust Bhavan in Hyderabad.
8. What is the `cyberforests’?
The `cyberforests’ is a computer simulation that grows realistic 3D forests down to the branches, leaves and roots of individual trees -to determine how drought, wildfires and other climate-related changes may affect real forests.
9. For which automobile company’s amicus briefs in support, Google, Facebook Inc, Microsoft Corp and Twitter signed on 26th February?
Google, Facebook Inc, Microsoft Corp and Twitter Inc will sign on to amicus briefs in support of Apple Inc’s fight against a magistrate’s order, which requires it to help the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation break into a San Bernardino shooter’s iPhone.
10. Name of Media Company has entered the Limca Book of Records recently?
Times Innovative Media has entered the Limca Book of Records for installing a chain of 106 digital advertisement units between the tracks of the Mumbai Metro line in 2015.