Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 27, 2014 major events.
- Who has been appointed as new chief selector of Pakistan Cricket Board?
- Rashid Latif
- Moin Khan
- Aamer Sohail
- Saqlain Mushtaq
- Which among the following former captain of Portugal passed away at the age of 78?
- António Simões
- Mario Coluna
- José Augusto Torres
- Jaime Graça
- Name the Indian Navy chief who resigned on 26th February 2014?
- Nirmal Kumar Verma
- Arup Raha
- Norman Anil Kumar Browne
- Devender Kumar Joshi
- Which University scientists developed new software to prevent malware from sending spam emails?
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Who has been to be appointed as new chairman and managing director of United Bank of India?
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Neeraj Sinha
- Jagan Sharma
- Punit Jain
- Which continent Parliament approved new rule, advertising for e-cigarettes would be banned from mid-2016?
- South America
- Who has been won the National billiards championship 2014?
- B. Bhaskar
- Sourav Kothari
- Dhruv Sitwala
- Ashok Kumar
- Name the former world champion boxer who kidnapped and Murdered in Venezuela?
- Eloy Rojas
- Celes Kobayashi
- Antonio Cermeno
- Leo Gamez
- Who has been appointed as new head of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation?
- Dinesh Kumar Sarraf
- Sudhir Vasudeva
- Dheeraj Goyal
- Amit Verma
- Who becomes the first Bangladeshi captain to post a hundred vs India in One day internationals?
Mushfiqur Rahim: Mushfiqur Rahim (117) becomes the first Bangladeshi captain to post a hundred vs India in One day internationals on Wednesday in Asia Cup.
- Mushfiqur Rahim
- Tamim Iqbal
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Mashrafe Mortaza
Rashid Latif: The Pakistan Cricket Board has appointed former test captain and wicketkeeper Rashid Latif as the new chief selector.
Mario Coluna: Mario Coluna, who captained Portugal to a third-place finish at the 1966 World Cup, has died aged 78.
Devendra Kumar Joshi: Indian Navy Chief Admiral Devendra Kumar Joshi resigned from his post on Wednesday evening, hours after a fire broke out on the submarine INS Sindhuratna. The government has accepted his resignation.
Georgia Institute of Technology: Scientists of Georgia Tech have developed new software to prevent malware from sending spam emails and instant messages while blocking unauthorized money transfers.
Mukesh Kumar Jain: Punjab & Sind Bank executive director Mukesh Kumar Jain tipped to be moving to Kolkata as the new chairman and managing director of United Bank of India.
Europe: The European Parliament on Wednesday approved rules for the region’s fast-growing market for electronic cigarettes, from mid-2016; advertising for e-cigarettes would be banned in the 28 nations of the European Union.
Sourav Kothari: Sourav Kothari defeated Alok Kumar 5-3 to lift his maiden title in the National billiards championship here on Wednesday.
Antonio Cermeno: Former world champion boxer Antonio Cermeno was kidnapped and killed in his native Venezuela amid ongoing violence, police said.
Dinesh Kumar Sarraf: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday cleared the appointment of Dinesh Kumar Sarraf as the next head of the country’s most valuable company, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).