Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on February 28, 2014 major events.
- Which education board banned coaching for JEE in schools?
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education
- Gujarat Secondary Education Board
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- Which among the following shopping site increases stake in Snapdeal, invests Rs 830 crore?
- Which player won the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour fourth leg 2014?
- Dipika Pallikal
- Vaani Kapoor
- Kiran Matharu
- Sharmila Nicollet
- Which among the following mobile company Wins Best Smartphone Award?
- HTC One
- Which among the following political party merged with Bhartiya Janata Party ahead of Lok Sabaha Elections 2014?
- Shiv Sena
- Lok Janshakti Party
- Biju Janata Dal
- All India Trinamool Congress
- Name the former chief of CISF who joined Central Vigilance Commission as a vigilance commissioner?
- R Sri Kumar
- Pradeep Kumar
- J M Garg
- Rajiv Ranjan Verma
- India’s first post office savings bank ATM opened in-
- Which among the following country could be first to allow 3-parent babies from next year?
- Name the Atal Bihari Vajpayees niece who joined Congress party on Thursday?
- Karuna Shukla
- Saroj Pandey
- Anita Joshi
- Simran Ahuja
- Which country won the SAARC golf championship 2014?
- New Zealand
Central Board of Secondary Education: Schools affiliated to CBSE will have to stop conducting courses that integrate the regular syllabus and coaching for competitive examinations like JEE,the board has said.
EBay: EBay has acquired another large slice of India’s second largest online retailer, a precursor many believe to a full purchase of the Delhi-based Snapdeal. By leading an investment of $133.77 million (about Rs830 crore).
Sharmila Nicollet: Bangalore golfer Sharmila Nicollet registered her first victory of the season in the fourth leg of the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour at the Bombay Presidency.
HTC One: Taiwan-based HTC Corp.’s flagship device, the HTC One, was named Tuesday the “Best Smartphone of the Year” by GSM Association (GSMA) -a top award in the global mobile communications industry.
Lok Janshakti Party: LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday formally announced his return to the NDA fold, announcing to contest the next Lok Sabha election with the BJP-led alliance.
Rajiv Ranjan Verma: Former DG of Central Industrial Security Force, Rajiv Ranjan Verma, has joined Central Vigilance Commission as a vigilance commissioner.
Chennai: The country’s first Post Office Savings Bank ATM was inaugurated at the head post office in Chennai by finance minister P Chidambaram on Thursday.
Britain: Britain proposed new regulations on Thursday that would make it the first country in the world to offer “three-parent” fertility treatments to families who want to avoid passing on incurable diseases to their children.
Karuna Shukla: Atal Bihari Vajpayees niece Karuna Shukla joined Congress on Thursday and said BJP had been hijacked by a group of leaders after the former prime ministers exit from the political scene.
India: India maintained their supremacy in the SAARC golf championship by beating Bangladesh 2-1 in the final in Kolkata on Thursday.